Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Kobelicious

Default Re: Danny Ainge is the best GM in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    How is Presti, who grew his team from the bottom, a worse GM than Morey, Bird (who I'm almost certain isn't the GM) or Ujiri?

Presti's molded team has been to a NBA Finals already, what the **** have the Rockets or Nuggets done

harden trade dropped him 5 spots
    you dont trade a franchise player for a bag of chips

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Rondo, Sully, and Olynyk are good start. Green can be a part of the picture too.

Gonna add someone good in the draft, and they should have some money to spend...
    Bradley keeps on constantly improving his shooting. with his defense he can be a part of the future, too.

Banned

How is Presti, who grew his team from the bottom, a worse GM than Morey, Bird (who I'm almost certain isn't the GM) or Ujiri?

Presti's molded team has been to a NBA Finals already, what the **** have the Rockets or Nuggets done
    he is good at drafting players like the spurs front office. finding unknown players.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by VIntageNOvel
    harden trade dropped him 5 spots
    you dont trade a franchise player for a bag of chips
    Team has much better depth and is much better defensively since trade, and remains the same offensively

OKC would have gotten to the Finals last year if Westbrook didn't get injured. If losing Harden was as bad as you say, it would have reflected in some direct way. But they have continued to be Top 2 in the west.

Maybe he could have gotten more. But he made out better than some of you assert.

This reasoning for putting someone like Ujiri or Morey over him is idiotic. Presti has hand crafted a Western powerhouse for the last 3 years

Kobelicious

Team has much better depth and is much better defensively since trade, and remains the same offensively

OKC would have gotten to the Finals last year if Westbrook didn't get injured. If losing Harden was as bad as you say, it would have reflected in some direct way. But they have continued to be Top 2 in the west.

Maybe he could have gotten more. But he made out better than some of you assert.

This reasoning for putting someone like Ujiri or Morey over him is idiotic. Presti has hand crafted a Western powerhouse for the last 3 years
    couldve gotten a lot better deal if presti wasnt so hasty because of his pride

considering OKC is a capable big away from a ring, and how jazz basically let millsap/ big al go for free, he could send him there along with perkins
    orrr he could ask for asik + picks for harden+ perks, and countless other possibility

im not saying harden trade was bad, but couldve been better,

and OKC improvement is expected, they are young and will only get better with every lose they take, so lamb/adams impact is arguable here, another variable for OKC this year : reggie -> has no conection with harden trade, he would still get more playing time and improve as is

College star

couldve gotten a lot better deal if presti wasnt so hasty because of his pride

considering OKC is a capable big away from a ring, and how jazz basically let millsap/ big al go for free, he could send him there along with perkins
    orrr he could ask for asik + picks for harden+ perks, and countless other possibility

im not saying harden trade was bad, but couldve been better,

and OKC improvement is expected, they are young and will only get better with every lose they take, so lamb/adams impact is arguable here, another variable for OKC this year : reggie -> has no conection with harden trade, he would still get more playing time and improve as is
    I agree with most here, especially the part about receiving a big like Jefferson. However, again, how the hell does that quantify a large enough drop that he's ranked behind Ujiri or Presti? Or Bird?

Kobelicious

I agree with most here, especially the part about receiving a big like Jefferson. However, again, how the hell does that quantify a large enough drop that he's ranked behind Ujiri or Presti? Or Bird?
    agree, presti still one of the best

personally i would rank em:

1. Riley
    2. Mitch
    3. Presti

Pop isnt a GM, and as a coach he transform garbage into gold,
    give him this year buck squad, and he might turn em into 50 wins team next season, not really a result from good scouting/trade/gm, but a great system, so he's out of top 3.

Mitch -> biased and unobjective, but you have to agree that CP3 trade ,and last year howard deal is masterpiece, work of art (though sadly it didnt work out)

College star

agree, presti still one of the best

personally i would rank em:

1. Riley
    2. Mitch
    3. Presti

Pop isnt a GM, and as a coach he transform garbage into gold,
    give him this year buck squad, and he might turn em into 50 wins team next season, not really a result from good scouting/trade/gm, but a great system, so he's out of top 3.

Mitch -> biased and unobjective, but you have to agree that CP3 trade ,and last year howard deal is masterpiece, work of art (though sadly it didnt work out)
    Yeah, it amazes me how guys in this thread are putting a guy like Morey over a proven entity that had assembled championships in Mitch.

The level of remedial intelligence on this board at times is maddening

Lakers are the most consistently elite franchise in NBA history. I hate Lakers more than the Celtics but it is the truth.
    Even bill Simmons who is a Celtic homer didn't defend Celtics when jalen said that a lot of Celtics rings came in a weak era and that is why lakers are the best nba franchise of all time. Go to grantland YouTube channel to see that.

Kobelicious

Yeah, it amazes me how guys in this thread are putting a guy like Morey over a proven entity that had assembled championships in Mitch.

The level of remedial intelligence on this board at times is maddening

ive seen your post countless time before but cant recall what team/player are you rooting for,

are you bran stan?

College star

ive seen your post countless time before but cant recall what team/player are you rooting for,

are you bran stan?
    I'm the hero that ISH deserves, but not the hero it needs right now.

Nah, I am certainly not a Bron stan by any stretch. I'm an objective observer that tries to assess players fairly, for what they are and what they provide. I grew up a Lakers fan in a Lakers household in the 80s, but my fandom dissipated in the 90s once my favorite player retired (Magic).

So I guess you can say, I'm a former Lakers fan that still holds some affection for them, but doesn't overtly support them. Nor do I let my past ties delude my perspective; I have Kobe as my 8th and 9th greatest player, and think Bron is a better player than he is or ever was (but until the last couple of years still hailed Kobe for having the better career).

I can see myself becoming an emotionally engaged Lakers fan again once Kobe retires. I just can't stand his stans. Almost as vehemently as I despise LeBron stans.
    Last edited by BlackVVaves; 04-17-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Yet the Lakers at least got into the Finals that decade.

Also, would you agree that:

80s: Lakers >> Celtics
    90s: Lakers > Celtics
    2000-2010: Lakers >>>>> Celtics

?

People forgetting that two Celtics stars DIED within 7 years of each other while in the league and on the come-up. You can't hold that against the quality of the organization's front office. Let's not act like they wouldn't have been at least a little relevant in the 90's had that not happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    To be determined. He needs to have a good summer before I'm on board with this. He has goofed on a few things, specifically in his love affair with Jeff Green.

But compared to some other GMs? Shit, Danny's unquestionably in the upper echelon.

Yeah he loses points for the Green deal but overall he is a good GM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Remember when people gave Ainge crap for trading Perkins for Green?