Default David Lee.. is he done?

why did this guy fade away so quick? remember him hustling and being a major factor.

Default Re: David Lee.. is he done?

He isn't done, he just doesn't fit on this Warriors squad. They are better off with him not playing any minutes at all because he sucks on defense. He could be a solid 20-25 mpg player for some other team, but he's being paid over 15 mil, which didn't make him a desirable asset to trade this year.

Actually interested to see which team goes after him in the off-season because he's an expiring and he can still produce.

Kerr was short-sided, and thought small-ball would work in the playoffs. I have always been worried about the matchups out West against big front-courts like the Spurs, Blazers, Clippers, and Grizzlies. Now D. Lee's confidence is shot, and he can't be relied on. I would have moved Lee back into the starting lineup months ago... but Kerr was focused on regular season wins.

I like Draygod, but I pray we don't give him anywhere near the max in the off-season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

hes done, his offense is alright still but he just can't cover his man on defense anymore (and he wasn't great to begin with)

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    hes done, his offense is alright still but he just can't cover his man on defense anymore (and he wasn't great to begin with)

He can defend Z-Bo as good as Draygod, who pretty much just gets bullied on the post. Lee also sets better screens, rebounds better, and can actually finish around the paint. We don't have a single player who can score from the post on our team... not one. David Lee was that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    He can defend Z-Bo as good as Draygod, who pretty much just gets bullied on the post. Lee also sets better screens, rebounds better, and can actually finish around the paint. We don't have a single player who can score from the post on our team... not one. David Lee was that guy.
    Bogut? Speights?

If the Warriors dont win it this year moving Lee will be key to taking that next step.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Bogut? Speights?

I wish Bogut would look to score from the post more. Majority of his buckets come from defensive breakdowns. And Speights is a jump shooter. A very good mid-range shooter... but a jump shooter nonetheless. Curry even calls him the "biggest SG in the league".

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Not so long ago, he was called "Da White Howard"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason

Lee will rebound better but lets be serious. He isn't gonna do a better job on Randolph and Gasol than Green does. Draymond Green is one of the best defenders in the league, David Lee is one of the worst. No exaggeration.

David Lee can't space the floor like Draymond either. They need Draymond to knock down his 3's because Zach and Gasol arn't going out that far to contest.

Prime Lee's post-offense and rebounding would be great for the Warriors in this series.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    Prime Lee's post-offense and rebounding would be great for the Warriors in this series.
    Exactly. I don't know how Kerr doesn't see this. Lee would be great for this series..let the warriors lose..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

This is one reason why I as in favor of the Love trade. Lee's contract is a killer. It's just sitting there taking up 15 million this year and next for a player that doesn't make any impact.

The Warriors could be adding to this team this summer if they didn't have him on their books.

They are loaded regardless, but man...this team would be so much better if they could add another rotation player or two with his money.

Maybe Lee should be playing, I honestly don't know enough about him to say he shouldn't. In my limited viewing of him this year he seemed completely irrelevant to this team when on the court.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Because skinny boy Kerr thinks he can get away with Fatmond Green defending and scoring on much bigger and stronger 4's. Not going to happen against teams like the Grizzlies or Clippers. Sad that their poor nerd of a coach hasn't realized this yet.

Lee should have been their starting PF all season long. Coaching staff is just delusional.

speights is out, they need LEE!!