Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Steph Curry Toughest Player To Guard According To NBA Survey

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    No shit. Dude launches and makes 3 pointers from 30ft with a defender all over him.

Surprised at Harden being 4 though. How is LeBron #5? Dude hasn't been hitting shots beyond 5ft since last season.
    6'9 250lbs/stiff arm

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Not really. He's 31 with a jumper more broke than MC, and according to coaches, he has lost a step and he's still the 5th hardest player to guard in the league. I was surprised about LeBron being #5, but there really aren't more than 2 players (KD and Curry) more unstoppable than LeBron.

He might be better than Rubio, who's probably one of the worst shooters in the league, but my point still stands. LeBron is one of the worst shooters in the league.

Also, I don't know where you're getting your stats from, but:

You must be used to being wrong though.
    Um, how are you this confident while being so obviously wrong?

Thats the problem with early season graphics, you can't use them longer for a day or two....

this is now, the current reality:

I probably don't rely on graphics I randomly see posted on message boards and save them like they're worth anything in a week (you're hella raw for this, rookie mistake). I actually know the places to check for stats.

NBA(dot) com is your friend my brown Brother.

If you ask nicely, I might just tell you the exact page for you to get your numbers from in the future

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

how about next time they leave it to the players in the voting since they are the ones doing the guarding. Durant is probably #1 with just player votes.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by NattyPButter
    how about next time they leave it to the players in the voting since they are the ones doing the guarding. Durant is probably #1 with just player votes.
    Players voted Steph hardest to guard.

Of course Curry is the toughest to guard. He doesn't have to play defense or most of the 4th quarter. Dude always has fresh legs.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

how is kobe not on there

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner
    Of course Curry is the toughest to guard. He doesn't have to play defense or most of the 4th quarter. Dude always has fresh legs.
    Or perhaps he's just a remarkable talent who is currently the "toughest player to guard".

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

RIP lebron

I don't get picked last at the park anymore KnicksWolves's Avatar

Can there be anything more idiotic than some of the posters here protesting definitively that this list is wrong? It's fine to discuss and interject with your own opinions, but the morons who are just moving the list around to fit their agenda... Yes, the players in the league who have actually had to guard the players on this list, and the coaches who have to gameplan for them definitely don't know what they're talking about

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksWolves
    Can there be anything more idiotic than some of the posters here protesting definitively that this list is wrong? It's fine to discuss and interject with your own opinions, but the morons who are just moving the list around to fit their agenda... Yes, the players in the league who have actually had to guard the players on this list, and the coaches who have to gameplan for them definitely don't know what they're talking about

Banned

Fear The Beard you peasants

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

dubs,

Wade is actually a ~42% shooter from midrange area.. 44%, 41%, 40% across 3-10 ft, 10-16 ft, and 16-23 ft.. a very nice smooth distribution of above average ability from each range.

Lebron in the playoffs, across the same range is 38%, 35%, and 36%, considerably worse across the board.. and if you look at his early years there's some shocking numbers.. like teen %'s from midrange.. and then just last year in the 20% range for the Finals..

I mean.. what would it take for a bran fan to just admit that's hes a mediocre to poor shooter for his career so far?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    dubs,

Wade is actually a ~42% shooter from midrange area.. 44%, 41%, 40% across 3-10 ft, 10-16 ft, and 16-23 ft.. a very nice smooth distribution of above average ability from each range.

Lebron in the playoffs, across the same range is 38%, 35%, and 36%, considerably worse across the board.. and if you look at his early years there's some shocking numbers.. like teen %'s from midrange.. and then just last year in the 20% range for the Finals..

I mean.. what would it take for a bran fan to just admit that's hes a mediocre to poor shooter for his career so far?
    Wade is actually shooting a pathetic 34.6% from mid-range this season, and for his career year-by-year is a worse mid-range shooter than LeBron, by a decent margin...

LeBron is someone that was the 2nd best mid-range shooter across all perimeter stars in 2011, btw.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hawk
    Key word: WHEN

He need a running start, else, he is really stoppable.
    That is not the case, but even if it was, you can't guarantee that you'll be able to stop him from running...unless you never shoot the ball on offense so that the Cavs can never run off of a defensive rebound.

Or, you tell your team to sprint back right after shooting the ball, which would then mean your team will get 0 offensive rebounds.
    Last edited by tmacattack33; 01-12-2016 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    I want to say Harden might be higher,.
    ...unless it's an important game in the playoffs, in which case there's a good chance harden will implode.

Lebron deserves to be ranked above Harden here purely on the basis that Harden is yet to fully convince in one playoffs run, where the refs swallow their whistle more often and are less likely to believe Harden's head jerking in reaction to slight contact.

Rest of the list is good, though I think Durant has a case over Steph