Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: McGrady says shoulder arthritic, knee slow to heal

At this point, if McGrady can play at just 75% of his peak, Houston should be happy. McGrady playing 70 games and averaging 24/5/4 on 45% from the field would be like a Christmas present.

Very good NBA starter

t-mac might have a tendency to exaggerate some injuries though. some guys never reveal they're hurt. don't know why t-mac loves telling the whole world he's hurt all the time.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Rockets don't win anything without T-Mac.

I'm sure T-Mac is a warrior, and wants to play every game....

but the injury excuse just doesn't cut it anymore.

Why didn't he get surgery the day the season ended? Why wait until one month before the season starts and announce you have a shoulder injury that needs surgery?
    He did have the surgery the very next day that the season ended. during the surgery, the doctors foundout he had farthar complications.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake
    I never blame people for their injuries, but phukk him. I blame HIM for his injuries. Tracy Tree-Sap Mcgrady. The man with no heart. The man that can't get past the first round. And look how phukking FAT he's gotten, compared to AI, Kobe, Pierce, and other people that came out around the same time (or came in I should say, into the league).

I'm gonna make a prediction right now. IF his team fails to make it out of the first round this year, AND if they go out in embarrassing fashion, he will RETIRE. I guarantee this, he's a quitter, so it only fits.

You can quote me on this, including the part where I said you can quote me on this.
    Yeah it's his fault that his shoulder is messed up. damn you're a moron. he was playing a collective amount of injuries last season that most players would call it quits. hyet he persisted despite the pain. before you spew the utter nonsense you did, think. THINK. dumbass.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    I think bringing him off the bench would make it harder for him to find a groove, but I think that with Artest, McGrady and Yao they will all have less minutes in the regular season, kind of like the Celtics did to KG, Allen and Pierce. Instead of 37 minutes for T-mac like last year, it should be under 35. Yao should be 32ish and Artest should be 30-35. This way we should be able to rest up our stars in the regular season, enough. But if bringing McGrady off the bench would have him healthy for the playoffs then do it.
    The point is with or without coming off the bench, his minutes need to be cut down. i'm not all that worried. remember, it was his knee that was holding him back last season. by all reports the knee is fine. he can manage the shoulder. remember the 40 points game against utah. he can handle the shoulder pain.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
    Well go figure. Perhaps a healthy Mcgrady will never be seen again in the future.

I am calling it: Mcgrady misses 10-16 games this season.

way to go out on a limb

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Rockets don't win anything without T-Mac.

Rockets haven't won nothing with Tmac either.

Local High School Star CakeorDeath's Avatar

don't know why t-mac loves telling the whole world he's hurt all the time.
    Its quite simple, really. It gives him an excuse if he fails. He realizes that with the talent the organization has piled around him, he absolutely MUST makes some noise in the postseason this year, or he may lose almost all credibility as a top-tier star you can build around. Expectations have never been higher (which is saying something, because every year is supposedly the year the Rockets finally stay healthy and win it all) but, as usual in situations like this, the potential consequences/fall from grace has never been never been greater, either. I'm not saying he's not hurt, but it is much better for him to say he's injured now than in a postgame interview after they lose an early series (if that happens).

It has to suck being a Rockets fan. Its like getting a toy you're not allowed to take out of the box. Then again, being a Jazz fan sucks too; that's like getting a toy out of the box only to find that the one accessory that would make it really fun is sold separately, and your parents won't ever buy it for you.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
    Its quite simple, really. It gives him an excuse if he fails. He realizes that with the talent the organization has piled around him, he absolutely MUST makes some noise in the postseason this year, or he may lose almost all credibility as a top-tier star you can build around. Expectations have never been higher (which is saying something, because every year is supposedly the year the Rockets finally stay healthy and win it all) but, as usual in situations like this, the potential consequences/fall from grace has never been never been greater, either. I'm not saying he's not hurt, but it is much better for him to say he's injured now than in a postgame interview after they lose an early series (if that happens).

It has to suck being a Rockets fan. Its like getting a toy you're not allowed to take out of the box. Then again, being a Jazz fan sucks too; that's like getting a toy out of the box only to find that the one accessory that would make it really fun is sold separately, and your parents won't ever buy it for you.
    He is to honest. sometimes you need to spin it. throw in a white lie. but he says like how it is. thats unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    He is to honest. sometimes you need to spin it. throw in a white lie. but he says like how it is. thats unfortunate.
    He's just protecting himself, can't expect more from him than that. Given his recent run of playoff frustrations, I'm not surprised that at the dawn of one of the most anticipated Rockets seasons in history, he's revealing this kind of info. It's almost like a plea for the media/fans not to get ahead of themselves, not to start thinking about rings in October. I think he's simply asking fans to take it one game at a time, and with the injury history this team has, that's not a bad outlook to have.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
    He's just protecting himself, can't expect more from him than that. Given his recent run of playoff frustrations, I'm not surprised that at the dawn of one of the most anticipated Rockets seasons in history, he's revealing this kind of info. It's almost like a plea for the media/fans not to get ahead of themselves, not to start thinking about rings in October. I think he's simply asking fans to take it one game at a time, and with the injury history this team has, that's not a bad outlook to have.
    Most rockets fans know that nothing is a given.

Injuries suck,I would love to see how good T-Mac really can be without those damn injuries,he'd be probably averaging 29 ppg,and could compete with koBe and LbJ..

Most rockets fans know that nothing is a given
    Check out any basketball article on the web where readers can post comments or check out any non-ISH Rockets fanboard and then see if you still agree with your own comment.

Commens from Rockets fans on the internet currently read like a girls gone wild video. Except replace "Spring Break!" with "Rockets all the way!" all the "Whoo!" with emoticons, all the flashing of boobies with pictures of Artest in his new Houston uniform, and all the disappointed fathers with fans of other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
    Well go figure. Perhaps a healthy Mcgrady will never be seen again in the future.

I am calling it: Mcgrady misses 10-16 games this season.
    I actually will be happy with this number, 10 games means he plays 72 game,s which is a decent amount.

If it's another first round exit I really don't see why the Rockets would want to keep McGrady around for the following season. They're just going no where.