Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #301
vert48
Can You?
 
vert48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,440
Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-wade2923
By far the biggest play in cleveland sports history for the past 45 years
Nope. MJ's shot over Ehlo is still bigger.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #302
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!
 
Mikaiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,465
Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Nope. MJ's shot over Ehlo is still bigger.

MJ wasn't on the Cavs ...
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #303
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 27,872
Default Re: The Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yeah overrated is the wrong term.


You better hope he doesn't pull some miraculous sh!t tonight or you might as well rename ESPN ---> ELPN.


john_d,
We will see, in the grand scheme, where this shot should rank. Depending on whether or not the Cavs win this series or a championship, it could be as high as that list portrayed. I didn't see the list, so I can't really have a definite opinion on it.

What was No. 1? What was No. 3?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:32 PM   #304
CLE[216]
C A V A L I E R S
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ^^^^^^
Posts: 786
Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

LBJ's buzzer beater > MJ's buzzer beater

-Bron's was a three, MJ's was a two
-Bron had to catch and shoot in one second, MJ created his shot off the dribble
-Bron's shot was in the ECF, MJ's was a first rounder
CLE[216] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #305
YoungMula
I Get Money
 
YoungMula's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bank
Posts: 113
Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLE[216]
LBJ's buzzer beater > MJ's buzzer beater

-Bron's was a three, MJ's was a two
-Bron had to catch and shoot in one second, MJ created his shot off the dribble
-Bron's shot was in the ECF, MJ's was a first rounder

-MJs ended the series,
-Just because its a 2 or 3 doesn't always mean the 3 is going to be harder
-Bron squared up & shot, MJ was off balance double clutch
-He double clutched (in the air) til Ehlo hand was far enough down to actually shoot the ball.

Don't be biased cause you love lebron james

I cant believe people are actually believing themselves that lebrons was better
YoungMula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #306
D-Rose
Da Mavs
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 10,451
Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLE[216]
LBJ's buzzer beater > MJ's buzzer beater

-Bron's was a three, MJ's was a two
-Bron had to catch and shoot in one second, MJ created his shot off the dribble
-Bron's shot was in the ECF, MJ's was a first rounder

ever heard of a double clutch?
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #307
CLE[216]
C A V A L I E R S
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ^^^^^^
Posts: 786
Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMula
-MJs ended the series,
-Just because its a 2 or 3 doesn't always mean the 3 is going to be harder
-Bron squared up & shot, MJ was off balance double clutch
-He double clutched (in the air) til Ehlo hand was far enough down to actually shoot the ball.

Don't be biased cause you love lebron james

I cant believe people are actually believing themselves that lebrons was better

I'm not being biased, I'm giving my opinion. Hell, we're all kinda biased in that sense, aren't we?

-A three is more difficult than a two
-"Bron squared up and shot." Exactly. He caught the ball, squared and fired in less than a second
-Quit lying please. Michael couldn't have been any more square to the basket.
-Michael double clutched because he had time to double clutch, and because he had the inhuman power of levitation. Situational differences.
CLE[216] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #308
Riker
Prime Weak Era GOAT
 
Riker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Croatia
Posts: 1,282
Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

LMAO look at these kids all excited here, after ONE game winner here they are all salivating over it.

Well...sad. Sad to see people dumb like this.



LOL

anyway, MJ's any shot > this crap.


MJ made 2 shots in final 7 seconds of that game, but you kids dont know that.

Oh well. Go and check it out.

Let's weigh in


2 clutch shots in final 7 seconds of the game - for winning the SERIES >>>> game 2 series tier


The hype's pathetic. Jordan ended Cavs franchise hope for 20 years with those 2 shots.


Brainwashing is strong on this one.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #309
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH
 
crisoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Californications
Posts: 11,890
Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

That shot might be reminiscent of Kobe's game 2 winner in the 2004 Finals.


Remember that?

Most people don't because the Pistons won every game after that and took the title.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #310
Riker
Prime Weak Era GOAT
 
Riker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Croatia
Posts: 1,282
Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
That shot might be reminiscent of Kobe's game 2 winner in the 2004 Finals.


Remember that?

Most people don't because the Pistons won every game after that and took the title.

No no no, this was the single most hardest, contested, significant shot in NBA history.

Something that never happened in Playoff history ever.


Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #311
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!
 
Mikaiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,465
Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2



On one hand you've got those who overrate the shot, and then you've got those who think the shot's overrated. Can't we just appreciate that shot for what it was ? A shot that saved Cleveland's season and that's possibly the biggest shot in franchise history ? No it's not on "The Shot" level, or Horry's shot against the Kings, or many other shots that happened in the Finals. But it's way better than whatever happened in the 76ers/Magic matchup in the 1st round. How retarded is it to compare that ?

We won't know what place this shot will have in history. It all depends on what happens next. If the Cavs lose, it won't be that special. But if the Cavs win the title ? Then it'll rank up there.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #312
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,849
Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaiel


On one hand you've got those who overrate the shot, and then you've got those who think the shot's overrated. Can't we just appreciate that shot for what it was ? A shot that saved Cleveland's season and that's possibly the biggest shot in franchise history ? No it's not on "The Shot" level, or Horry's shot against the Kings, or many other shots that happened in the Finals. But it's way better than whatever happened in the 76ers/Magic matchup in the 1st round. How retarded is it to compare that ?

We won't know what place this shot will have in history. It all depends on what happens next. If the Cavs lose, it won't be that special. But if the Cavs win the title ? Then it'll rank up there.
because you have guys like Riker that will stop at NO cost to prove that that shot meant absolutle NOTHING
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #313
Riker
Prime Weak Era GOAT
 
Riker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Croatia
Posts: 1,282
Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaiel
We won't know what place this shot will have in history. It all depends on what happens next. If the Cavs lose, it won't be that special. But if the Cavs win the title ? Then it'll rank up there.

I was excited when it went in and I can't stand Cavs or James.


Then, the next day, after seeing how everyone on NBA TV is talking about it as if he hit a Game 7 NBA Finals title clincher - I was disgusted.


It was a great game winner. But, as shown on that picture, there were couple more shots like that - THIS year!


I give credit to Bron for making it, it was electrifying. However, as always, the media exploitation and propaganda and instant comparing with TRUE historical shots - makes me puke.



Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
because you have guys like Riker that will stop at NO cost to prove that that shot meant absolutle NOTHING

No, you're wrong, it's not about his 3 pointer, which was one of the greatest moments of this years playoffs (so far, I mean, we don't know what will happen next) and certainly one of the best moments in Cavs history - it's about little hypebeasts like yourself.

Last edited by Riker : 05-24-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:05 PM   #314
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,849
Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
I was excited when it went in and I can't stand Cavs or James.


Then, the next day, after seeing how everyone on NBA TV is talking about it as if he hit a Game 7 NBA Finals title clincher - I was disgusted.


It was a great game winner. But, as shown on that picture, there were couple more shots like that - THIS year!


I give credit to Bron for making it, it was electrifying. However, as always, the media exploitation and propaganda and instant comparing with TRUE historical shots - makes me puke.
So just because the media to too ignorant to control their emotions about a game winning shot you hate the guy that made it?

thats retarded
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #315
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,849
Default Re: LeBron James' buzzer-beating shot over Turkoglu to win Cavs-Magic Game 2

Quote:
No, you're wrong, it's not about his 3 pointer, it's about little hypebeasts like yourself.
and how have i "overrated" the shot? please explain to me what i said.....
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube










Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy