Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore Patches O'Houlihan's Avatar

Yea, Odom is great, but not enough for those three.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    Some of you guys seriously overrate Odom. Chandler, Roy and Duhon for Odom? All 3 of them would probably be starters if that trade went down.

Let me remind you that chandler in the playoffs averaged a total of 1.8 ppg and his rebounds went down like there was no tomorrow in the playoffs.

Chris Duhon is still really young but is becoming a great point gaurd.

the draft this year is so weak in depth its not even funny. This years first pick was probably just as good as the 25th pick in the Lebron and carmelo Draft.

I usually hit open layups BeckDiggLer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Where did you hear about this one?
    It came out of Orlando on tuesday, The Lakers feel the Offense runs better with Kwame in the game than Mihm and they feel Duhon will solve the PG issues. The Hawks trading down for Bynam seems like a stupid azz move by the Hawks, so it would be consistent with all their other moves.

Oh gotcha!

Decent playground baller LakerFan1086's Avatar

I really like the mihm trade. Duhon is pretty underated because of so many young talented players in the bulls organization. But by trading mihm for duhon and the 16th pick, they could have a lot of peices to work with. Duhon is a smart point guard, with 3-point range and pretty solid defensively which is basiclly what we need from our point guard. With the 16th pick and the 25th pick could also help us move up and maybe be able to pick up Roy which i hear the lakers are quite fond of.
    However, with duhon and Roy it could be the end of smush as a laker.

Quote Originally Posted by LakerFan1086
    I really like the mihm trade. Duhon is pretty underated because of so many young talented players in the bulls organization. But by trading mihm for duhon and the 16th pick, they could have a lot of peices to work with. Duhon is a smart point guard, with 3-point range and pretty solid defensively which is basiclly what we need from our point guard. With the 16th pick and the 25th pick could also help us move up and maybe be able to pick up Roy which i hear the lakers are quite fond of.
    Or we could just get rid of wafer, Devin green, and Devean George isnt returning anyways.

Devean George needs a new thread...I will make one

I rule the local playground

The 16th pick and the 25th pick probably won't be enough to trade up high enough to get Brandon Roy and they won't have Mihm to include in a package. Mihm is their best trade asset. It they can get the 16th pick, I would hold onto it and target players like Shawne Williams and Quincy Douby.

Odom is overrated. I want him gone.

Decent playground baller LakerFan1086's Avatar

your probably right about probably not being able to pick up brandon roy, but this draft class is going to be anything but normal. All the "experts" have completely different drafts. With the 16th pick we could take a whole bunch of different players that could turn out to be really good in the long run. Alot of the solid players could drop off alot this year. Jordan Farmar will proably be left by pick 16, sergio rodriguez, rajon rondo, ect. regardless the trade could get us some solid players out of this draft, and get us a very smart point guard in Duhon.

your probably right about probably not being able to pick up brandon roy, but this draft class is going to be anything but normal. All the "experts" have completely different drafts. With the 16th pick we could take a whole bunch of different players that could turn out to be really good in the long run. Alot of the solid players could drop off alot this year. Jordan Farmar will proably be left by pick 16, sergio rodriguez, rajon rondo, ect. regardless the trade could get us some solid players out of this draft, and get us a very smart point guard in Duhon.
    Duhon could start for the Lakers if they made this deal. They can help their depth with two first round picks. Duhon + Farmar, Rondo, or Douby would solve their point guard problems.

Not airballing my layups anymore Patches O'Houlihan's Avatar

If they got the 16th it's possible Shelden Williams could slip. Or maybe not. Either way I think if they get the 16th and Duhon they should draft another big with 16th(Mihm is gone, only Kwame, Bynum, Turiaf as the bigs) and then draft a backup combo guard with the later pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan
    If they got the 16th it's possible Shelden Williams could slip. Or maybe not. Either way I think if they get the 16th and Duhon they should draft another big with 16th(Mihm is gone, only Kwame, Bynum, Turiaf as the bigs) and then draft a backup combo guard with the later pick.
    Patrick O'Bryant's rise up the draft charts is knocking Sheldon down. It is very possible he would be available at 16. If he is, the Lakers should take him. A proven low post scorer, defender, and rebounder in college. He's very much like Emeka Okafor. He has my respect, and I'm a UNC fan.

A LOT of you people are writing lakers have the 25th pick...they have the 26th people.

I was just lookin through the roster and realized we still have a PF that doesnt play Defense or rebound very well. That would be Brian Cook.

If we end up drafting shelden williams by trading higher then we would have 2 Beasts down Low for the PF pos.

Not to mention that turiaf and Shelden have both played center before. They can do the Job.

If we get the 16th pick and keep our 26th we could also end up drafting farmar. That right there is a double Bonus in the draft.

The Triangle offense doesnt require great Bigs anyways. u need smart gaurds and defensive minded centers.

and michael jordan = (kobe bryant)

Unregistered
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

You know the really funny thing ? I can direct you guys to another Laker message board where they actually say that the trade is Odom & Mihm..( A player the Lakers have no intention of re-signing next year when he becomes a free agent )...to the Bulls for..Gordon,,Deng,,Sweetney,, Duhan AND the # 2 pick in the draft.

And SOME there think that the Lakers would be giving up too much in that trade LOL!!

Laker fans...Dumb as hell, but you gotta love em :-)

The is a lot of smoke around the possibility of a trade between the Lakers and the Bulls involving Lamar Odom, a guy the Bulls really like. Where there's smoke, there's a fire and both teams may be discussing the possibilities of a deal.

Any deal that would send Odom to Chicago must include Ben Gordon, but if the Bulls are set on drafting Brandon Roy, that is okay from their point of view. Chris Duhon would have to be a part of the package as well. If the Lakers include Chris Mihm, the Bulls can counter with Tyson Chandler, Michael Sweetney, or one of their small forwards, Nocioni or Deng, depending on where Chicago wants to play Odom, at the 3 or the 4. Other players like Smush Parker and Brian Cook could be included. If the Lakers wants to trade Odom, Chicago is probably their best trading partner.