Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Chris Paul = Nothing without Pick and Roll

an idiot is oblivious to the fact he is an idiot. not even everyone criticizing him clues him in to this fact.

Good High School Starter Out_In_Utah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Christofire
    i'm sick of hearing about Chris Paul. There's nothing impressive about a chronic flopper, that's go to move is coming off of a screen. Majority of his points are open jumpers off screen, or open layups off of a screen. You can count on 1 hand how often he isolates. One of the few times he isolated against fisher he couldnt even get past him.

chris paul in isolation = turnover/missed shot
    Kobe = Nothing without Phil Jackson.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Nit
    I don't understand. What do you want to do, rescind his triple double? Why should anyone join your bandwagon of hating on the best player in the playoffs so far? He has dominated the Lakers. You can't dispute that, so instead you turn to hating on his style of play? A PG with hardly anyone resembling an offensive weapon on his team is destroying the two-time defending champions, and you are mad because he utilizes the most effective play in basketball history?

Where are the mods? Delete this account, plz.
    His screens and flopping has dominated the lakers get it correct. He NEEDS the most effective play in basketball history, because he is useless without it. I am not impressed by a PG that entire game relies on SCREENS. He rarely creates his own shot, that to me is not impressive. The screens are more improtant to the play than him. You can plug carren collison back in on the Hornets and see the same numbers. Look at collison's numbers when he left. Paul is a product of the system.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Out_In_Utah
    Kobe = Nothing without Phil Jackson.

you can say the same for michael jordan

Local High School Star

His screens and flopping has dominated the lakers get it correct. He NEEDS the most effective play in basketball history, because he is useless without it. I am not impressed by a PG that entire game relies on SCREENS. He rarely creates his own shot, that to me is not impressive. The screens are more improtant to the play than him. You can plug carren collison back in on the Hornets and see the same numbers. Look at collison's numbers when he left. Paul is a product of the system.
    Why the **** does it matter if he needs a pick? There is never going to be a situation where you aren't allowed to use a screen. You might as well say you aren't impressed by Dirk because he needs his jumpshot to score.

Are you more impressed by a SG whose entire game relies on running his man through screen after screen to get open and take a jumper?

Or is it okay for a SG to do it like, I don't know, Ray Allen?

Or are you going to completely ignore a SECOND poster bringing up the fact that Ray Allen's ONLY go to move is the "run my man through two or three screens and then take my jumper" move?

Just wondering.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    Why the **** does it matter if he needs a pick? There is never going to be a situation where you aren't allowed to use a screen. You might as well say you aren't impressed by Dirk because he needs his jumpshot to score.

So true.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    don't be an ass, he relies on his OWN ability to score, not the assistance of a screen 90% of the time....Would you consider michael jordan to be the greatest player ever if alll is his point came off wide open jumpers created by a screen?....

Do you consider ray allen to be the best scorer in the game even though he can't isolate to save his life and runs off of screens the entire game?

Youre not doing yourself any favors man id just stop

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You can plug carren collison back in on the Hornets and see the same numbers. Look at collison's numbers when he left. Paul is a product of the system.
    You notice the difference in winning with and without Paul even when Collision was doing similar numbers in his absence?

What do you think caused that exactly?

heres some news.

1. basketball isnt ONLY 1v1.
    2. you're an idiot.
    3. the sky is blue

This isn't a one on one game, it's a team sport. The best point guards abuse defenders with picks. CP3 makes Aaron Gray look decent, an amazing feat in itself.

Hell hed be whining if Paul was running ISO all game too

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bird
    Are you more impressed by a SG whose entire game relies on running his man through screen after screen to get open and take a jumper?

Or is it okay for a SG to do it like, I don't know, Ray Allen?

Or are you going to completely ignore a SECOND poster bringing up the fact that Ray Allen's ONLY go to move is the "run my man through two or three screens and then take my jumper" move?

Just wondering.
    Do you ever placing ray allen into any elite scorer categories...Ray Allen is a shooter, who's entire game revolves around coming off of screens which is why he's not ever an after in reguards to great scorers.

Do you ever placing ray allen into any elite scorer categories...Ray Allen is a shooter, who's entire game revolves around coming off of screens which is why he's not ever an after in reguards to great scorers.
    I truly hope English is your second language, after a reply such as this.

I did notice, that even through your shit gargled response, you failed to answer ANY of the questions I posed to you.

I never asked if he was an elite scorer. I never asked if he was regarded as a great scorer.

I asked if you were as unimpressed with Ray Allen's game, since it is a game of screens, as you are with Chris Paul's.

Based on the many posts of yours in this thread, you make it very apparent you have very rarely, if EVER played any form of organized basketball. Not talking rec ball, on your local court, but, well, junior high/high school, rec leagues, college, etc. The basis of most great point guards is built around the pick and roll.

The second greatest PG of all time (no debating Magic is the first), one John Stockton, ABUSED the pick and roll with Karl Malone on his way to a myriad number of assists and easy jumpers.

While you are knocking Chris Paul off of the Greatest Point Guard pedestals, would you also like to take a swipe at John Stockton?