Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Default Horford or Howard???

If you were Danny Ainge who would rather bring in between Big Al and D12 and how much would you be willing to part for them?

Default Re: Horford or Howard???

The Celtics need a rim protector, but I don't want any part of Dwight. I don't see why the Celtics would be all that interested in Horford as well.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

With no guarantee of signing either of them back I'd only give up Lee's contract along with Sully or Zeller and one of the developing guys like Young or Rozier and a non Brooklyn draft pick. Too much or too little?

I have a hard time believing either would re-sign in Boston, so I'd give up Lee's expirer and maybe one other player (I won't like it but I might part with Sully). Maybe a 2nd round pick too.

I'm doing everything I can to avoid breaking up this young core of guys; I want to add to it.

High School Starter

Horford easily

Horford, no question.

Horfords been better since 2013

Horford would better selection for Celtics .

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    I have a hard time believing either would re-sign in Boston, so I'd give up Lee's expirer and maybe one other player (I won't like it but I might part with Sully). Maybe a 2nd round pick too.

I'm doing everything I can to avoid breaking up this young core of guys; I want to add to it.
    I understand that, but don't make the mistake of over-valuing your guys just because they are yours. Sully, Olynyk, Smart... no one on that team other than Crowder, Bradley or Thomas, is anything more than an average starter in the league. And even those three are just barely there.

Don't get me wrong, I love what Boston has been doing. But they're more similar to GSW than they are to Cleveland. They're greater than the sum of their parts because of how they play together, rather than just an uber-talented bunch that is not meshing all that well.

That said, Boston should continue building in that vein; they should look to acquire players that will follow the status quo, not challenge it. That's why Horford is infinitely better suited for the team than Howard.

Both are kinda useless in today's NBA. They just aren't that good. If I'm Boston the most I'm giving up is a 2nd rounder for either. If I'm ATL or HOU I'm taking that 2nd round ASAP

Decent playground baller jimmybball's Avatar

Any team would be wise to choose Horford over Howard.

Banned

I'd go with Horward.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I understand that, but don't make the mistake of over-valuing your guys just because they are yours. Sully, Olynyk, Smart... no one on that team other than Crowder, Bradley or Thomas, is anything more than an average starter in the league. And even those three are just barely there.

Don't get me wrong, I love what Boston has been doing. But they're more similar to GSW than they are to Cleveland. They're greater than the sum of their parts because of how they play together, rather than just an uber-talented bunch that is not meshing all that well.

That said, Boston should continue building in that vein; they should look to acquire players that will follow the status quo, not challenge it. That's why Horford is infinitely better suited for the team than Howard.
    Crowder, Thomas and Smart...those are the three I'm not letting go of for anything less than a winning offer.

Honestly, I wouldn't even say Avery is untradeable. There are rumblings that he's unhappy with the extension he signed a couple of years ago and he wants to get paid more now. I think Sully and Olynyk are perfectly nice trade pieces and I'd part with them for the right price.

My reticence comes from doing any of that THIS YEAR and for those particular guys. For one thing, again, I don't think Dwight or Al re-sign in Boston after this year. For another thing, I don't think anyone beats GS or SA this year for a title...so is it really worth breaking up this group this season to bring in a guy who isn't going to stick around come free agency and isn't the guy who puts you into title contention right away? I don't think so. That's why if I'm taking a chance on Dwight or Al this year, I'm not giving up the farm for him.