Default Thibs. what the Hell...

He's a good coach, one of the best in the league, but that is mainly on the back of his defensive schemes.

His rotations, player management and minute distribution to players I'd argue is one of the worst in the league.

For example, today's game we were down by 9 so what does he do? He brings in an offensively challenged Kirk Hinrich. What is the logic behind that?

I have been harping on about Thibs playing Rose and Brooks together for stretches in a game. Particularly when our offense gets a bit stagnant.

Why can't we see some play where Mirotic plays at the 3? Going further, why wasn't this happening when Gibson was healthy if it was an issue of being thin for big men off the bench?

Makes no sense.

I understand that McDermott has being playing like ass lately, but surely we could try and play him in the starting lineup a game or two? See if he gains confidence playing alongside players who can cover his shortcomings or even release him into space?

Second year Snell has been copping it hard also. I understand he might f.ck up a few defensive sets here and there, but he hasn't looked terrible either. Why not play him a steady 15-20 minutes every game for 10 games and see if he improves? I've seen some excellent man defense played by him before, surely he can add to that with some confidence.

I saw too much penetration from Ellis in the Dallas game, why wasn't Thibs instructing his big men to protect the hoop and at least contest the shot? I saw Gasol just stand there and watch over and over again. So fustrating.

Some excellent pick and pop, pick and roll plays today, but our defensive intensity was not consistent enough and not for long enough. Nobody helping out, nobody closing out the penetrators.

That's my rant, I'm just tired of seeing Thibs hold back the potential of this team a bit. Great defensive philosophies that has made Bulls elite on defense, but everything else not so good...I think a really good offensive assistant coach could really help.

Someone needs to tell Thibs to give Butler more rest too. Perhaps play McDermott or Snell some more minutes...

Default Re: Thibs. what the Hell...

In my opinion our offense has actually looked smoother and more effective than our defense.

But I do agree with you about the minute distribution though.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

We have 3 rookies.

Of all the issues, most of them will take care of of themselves. The minute distribution problem.... ugh, yes. It continues to be worrisome.

But some of the development might not blossom until the end of the season, or even next season. That is just the reality that we are dealing with. Three rookies and a sensitive rehab with the star player.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    We have 3 rookies.

Of all the issues, most of them will take care of of themselves. The minute distribution problem.... ugh, yes. It continues to be worrisome.

But some of the development might not blossom until the end of the season, or even next season. That is just the reality that we are dealing with. Three rookies and a sensitive rehab with the star player.

Here's the things I'd do:

Reduce butlers minutes to 30-32 minutes a game by playing mirotic 5 minutes there and mcdermott/Snell.

Reduce Gasol minutes and play mirotic next to gibson and Noah more.

Reduce hinrich minutes to around 15-18, by playing Brooks with rose and give Moore 5 minutes a game.

That's about it.

I think our number one priority should be to make mirotic a feature part of our rotation now. He is playing like he has adjusted to the nba game and will only get better. I don't want to see him playing less than 20 minutes a game, even if that means reducing Noah and Gasol minutes.

Brooks needs to play more and hinrich needs to play less. Won't happen because hinrich is Thibs guy.

Need to try and get mcdermott and Snells confidence up. Even if it is to play them substantial minutes over a 10 Game period to see how they develop. Let them make mistakes, it will help keep players fresh and get the whole team ready for end of season. Snell can certainly be instrumental in relief defense on lebron in the playoffs. He has some decent man defense. McDermott needs his confidence to kick in. I'd consider starting him for 10 games and try get him going.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

I'm sure we would all manage the minutes differently. But our opinions don't matter. Thibs is going to Thibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    I'm sure we would all manage the minutes differently. But our opinions don't matter. Thibs is going to Thibs.
    How I wish Pau and Butler would fake injuries so they can rest.
    I mean my gosh, Jimmy is like averaging 40 mins while Pau is playing 38 mins. Taj injury was almost like a blessing cuz Mirotic got valuable exposure but now that Gibs is back, his PT is dwindling.
    It's a very long season. Kirk is bound to breakdown, Poido is right, he should be playing under 20 mins while Brooks should figure out how to play with the regular rotation ala Nate Rob.