Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default whats the Knicks plan?

I'm confused why we're blowing our cap space, next year we wont have enough to get a star. I guess no Kevin Durant like Phil wanted.

Banned

Default Re: whats the Knicks plan?

did you think KD would leave OKC for the knicks?

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    did you think KD would leave OKC for the knicks?
    I'm just confused why Phil is blowing our ENTIRE cap on average players.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    I'm confused why we're blowing our cap space, next year we wont have enough to get a star. I guess no Kevin Durant like Phil wanted.
    They will still have 20m to spend even if everyone opts in. That's enough to get a star. And they now have a deep team with potential on all fronts.

basically in rebuilding mode, everybody knows it except for melo who is still delusional thinking phil jackson can transform the knicks to a championship team in 2 years

Top 1 Bball Mind.

To become the most disgraceful franchise in pro-sports history..it's working brilliantly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by roffie
    basically in rebuilding mode, everybody knows it except for melo who is still delusional thinking phil jackson can transform the knicks to a championship team in 2 years

They are doing the opposite. You don't sign vets when you rebuilding. They want to compete now when they should be rebuilding. They need to fix their culture before any real free agents come, to do that they need to rebuild with a good young core and show the big names that they are serious this time.

They are doing the opposite. You don't sign vets when you rebuilding. They want to compete now when they should be rebuilding. They need to fix their culture before any real free agents come, to do that they need to rebuild with a good young core and show the big names that they are serious this time.
    Not everyone rebuilds like the sixers, and they don't have their draft pick next year so what is the point in tanking. They put together a nice team with a veteran core and young pieces that hopefully pan out.

First of all .. KD ain't coming here .. it's even a bigger pipe dream than Marc Gasol

I honestly don't why so many Knicks fans are complaining. The quick fixes this franchise tried the last 15 YEARS obviously didn't work and this fanbase is still so impatient and want our FO to throw money at players regardless if they fit or not.

If you want big names you need to have a solid core of players; just look at SA with LMA, Mavs with Jordan and the Bucks with Monroe.

I'm not saying we had the best off season possible but it's nothing to be complaining about either.

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    They will still have 20m to spend even if everyone opts in. That's enough to get a star. And they now have a deep team with potential on all fronts.
    20 is enough to get a star when the max is over 30? Do you mean 20 is enough to get a robin Lopez caliber player next year?

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    20 is enough to get a star when the max is over 30? Do you mean 20 is enough to get a robin Lopez caliber player next year?
    Who is getting a max next year? The only player I see receiving a max is Durant, and the Knicks don't need him. They need a reliable 2nd option/1b type of player, or 3rd option if Porzingis is ahead of schedule.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Props to Pjax for drafting Porzingis. He's the opposite of your old school triangle player. He's a 2010's era player, and I think he'll end up being great. Getting Robin Lopez was a good move. The plan was to get a team who might make the playoffs opposed to tanking another year and keep the fans unsatisfied. I think they'll end up getting the 7th or 8th seed, and pulling a first round exit. It's still better than what the Lakers are doing.

you need a combination of both, dats how the wizard rebuilt. signed a few vets + got a good amount of young talent of wall/beal. and obviously yes, they want to rebuild to compete now but they have to be realistic in the actual signings they can make lol

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    Trust in Phil. If even you know his plan then what's the point of hiring him.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I don't mind what the Knicks are doing. They already have their "star" in Melo, their foundational building piece (ideally #2/1b) with that Euro guy, and they have some young talent whom hopefully develop into a 4/5/6/7/8. Finding roleplayers to build forward with is so important. For some reason the Knicks haven't been able to find one. Personally, I think Jerian Grant will be a legit starting PG and RoLo is close to type of center you want in today's NBA if you aren't going to have a star there.

It's time to starting rebuilding a winning culture in NY. When was the last time they had b2b winning season? Guessing the 90s. Also as already mentioned, look at how all these major FAs are choosing their teams. Stars don't want to join a shit team. You need to build something somewhat attractive, outside of the NY life and whatever. Furthermore about the older guys like AA, all that takes pressure off what's his name (I seriously can't remember right now..). You need to put him in a situation to succeed. Do whatever it takes because, imo, all of this really comes down to that top pick panning out.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 07-05-2015 at 06:00 AM.