Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: LeBron won't negotiate contract with Cavs unless Thompson is signed first

Something tells me the idiots posting about Lebron James overstepping his boundaries are the same morons who yelled about Lebron James not recruiting or letting the Cleveland FO know what he wanted the first time around...

Now he is overstepping his boundaries...

And BTW, Peyton Manning was Lebron James on steroids when it came to controlling whatever team he was on...The man RAN HIS OWN PRACTICES AND INSTALLED HIS OWN OFFENSE. I think if Manning can run his own practices, Lebron is entitled to make known to his FO what free agents he wishes to play with.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron won't negotiate contract with Cavs unless Thompson is signed first

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Ugh...I don't know.

If they add West and another player via the Haywood contract that is just a lot.

Yea, it's great to have depth, but I'm a big believer in continuity throughout the season. I feel like a team with West and another rotation player (and they'll need that) might be a case of mix and match too often.

The plus side of it for me would be to guard against injuries hurting you...so I might do it on that alone, but I don't love it.
    Meh, I'm not sure it will hinder any continuity. We still have our main three guys -- LeBron, Kyrie and Love.

The next tier on the team are still the same three guys, as well, with Tristan, Shump and Mozgov.

I guess JR Smith would be the next one on the list and it wouldn't surprise me at all at this point if he ends up coming back. So, that's basically your top seven players going right back to their previous roles and hopefully getting more comfortable.

After that, it is a mix of likely new guys and those already on the roster last year. Anderson Varejao will obviously be back and he has a long (and very good) history with the main two options on the roster (Kyrie and LeBron).

Delly will be back, it looks like.

Mike Miller is coming back for sure, since he had a player option for the last year of his contract. People may snicker, but he is so beloved in the locker room and his contract is so small, I really don't mind having him around for morale purposes.

I would guess that David West would take Perk's spot on the roster. Still not sure how James Jones is going to play out. He gave us some good minutes this season, but he will likely be pushed off the roster just based on our needs and the assets we still have left.

I mean, it is not like there is a major facelift going on here. We would have upgraded Perk and James Jones to Varejao and David West.

We need a backup PG and a backup SF, but continuity really shouldn't be an issue with our main, core pieces.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Meh, I'm not sure it will hinder any continuity. We still have our main three guys -- LeBron, Kyrie and Love.

The next tier on the team are still the same three guys, as well, with Tristan, Shump and Mozgov.

I guess JR Smith would be the next one on the list and it wouldn't surprise me at all at this point if he ends up coming back. So, that's basically your top seven players going right back to their previous roles and hopefully getting more comfortable.

After that, it is a mix of likely new guys and those already on the roster last year. Anderson Varejao will obviously be back and he has a long (and very good) history with the main two options on the roster (Kyrie and LeBron).

Delly will be back, it looks like.

Mike Miller is coming back for sure, since he had a player option for the last year of his contract. People may snicker, but he is so beloved in the locker room and his contract is so small, I really don't mind having him around for morale purposes.

I would guess that David West would take Perk's spot on the roster. Still not sure how James Jones is going to play out. He gave us some good minutes this season, but he will likely be pushed off the roster just based on our needs and the assets we still have left.

I mean, it is not like there is a major facelift going on here. We would have upgraded Perk and James Jones to Varejao and David West.

We need a backup PG and a backup SF, but continuity really shouldn't be an issue with our main, core pieces.
    I was talking more like the temptation to play West quite a bit in spots. I think a guy like Love needs to get really comfortable this year out there...especially with how TT garnered so much attention for his play.

I'm not saying it's like a terrible thing or something...I just wouldn't do it.

Magic Johnson

If the Cavs pitch to West is to play the Perkins role, he is going to the Spurs.

LePassiveAggressiveBeta

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    What a douche. Let Thompson walk and DARE LeBron to leave.
    yeah, thats what I'd do.

If Bron bails on Cleveland again, after leaving MIA after losing in the Finals last year, his legacy will be completely ****ed beyond any point of return

He may think he has leverage in this situation but he doesn't unless he truly doesn't care about ****ing over his entire image and legacy