Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default Re: Where do you rank Stephen Curry on the all-time PG list and overall ?

Better than Chris Paul

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Where do you rank Stephen Curry on the all-time PG list and overall ?

whereever chris paul is, steph is one spot above him

Top 20 PG Curry in Nash and Kidd tier for the moment.

He's in the top 10 PGs all time imo. Lower end. I'm not going to hold a couple bad games in the finals that much against him. It's fun to clown him now because of some of his annoying fans and Iggy winning FMVP over him...but he did put up a hell of a regular season, had a terrific playoff run before the finals, and as for the finals... The guy put up 26/5/6/2 on 59% TS against constant double and occasionally even triple teams..they game planned specifically against him all the time, he had by far the most defensive attention of anyone on his team, to the point where they didn't even guard guys like Iggy at times. If he does that and people still clown him, that has to say something about how crazy good he is. Curry had a few bad games but overall his series wasn't even bad. If anything, guys like Klay and Barnes deserve flack for not torching Cleveland with how much defensive attention shifted to Curry.

Top 10

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

I think he'll go down as the 2nd or 3rd best pg ever

he's still behind isiah & stockton. arguably on the same level all-time as Kidd, Nash, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness
    I think he'll go down as the 2nd or 3rd best pg ever

he's still behind isiah & stockton. arguably on the same level all-time as Kidd, Nash, etc
    Top two? How would Curry be above Oscar Robertson? Curry isn't half the player Oscar was and likely won't have half his accomplishments either.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

If he continues at the pace that's expected of him now he's gonna go down in the top-5 best PG's of all time and most likely be #2 or #3. Right now I'd have him behind Magic, Stockton, Oscar, Isiah. He's in the tier with Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, and Chris Paul (I have him above CP3 even if he retired today). So as of right now probably #7, but will be top 3 when it is all set and done.

Decent playground baller Carter_17's Avatar

Best PG in the league right now
    Top 3 all time (if you count A.I as a PG)
    1.Magic
    2.A.I
    3.Curry

Overall? Right now he is around top15-20

If he keeps it up and stays healthy, he's clearly gonna be a top10 PG at the least, imho.

I got Magic, Oscar, Isiah, Frazier, Stockton, Cousy, Nash, Payton and Kidd on my top10 GOAT PG's list... No reason why Steph can't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Kareem in 1980.
    Should've been named FMVP though.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

he has more on court impact than most point guards who have every played.. impacts the game offensively in ways that guys like Kidd and Stockton ever did..

Curry is going to change the way GM's/Coaches build teams

Pointless ranking him right now IMO. He's only had one elite year.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Well he's nowhere near the top 10 all time point guards yet. Peak he's top 5 though.

As for all time list, idk. His career has been short so far and he's only been a top 10 player for about 3 seasons. Not top 50 yet, id say around 75-80 range probably.

Behind:

Magic
    Isiah
    Stockton

Already on the Kidd, Nash, and GP tier. Maybe a slight notch ahead of CP3 due to the ring.

I know it's only been 20 some odd games but he continues this play for the rest of the year. And his level of play the past few years for another 3 to 5 years. He could easily be top five all time when all is said and done.

He's playing the best right now. LeBron is still the best player in the league though.

Oscar, Iverson, and West at times played PG but weren't really point guards. I don't include them in the discussion.

Banned

Somewhere between 0-11 all time