Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Andre Iguodala is weak

Honestly, Iggy has the potential to be just as good as lebron. He can do it all. I don't know what's up with him. He is freakishly athletic,has a more then decent shot,good defense, good passer<etc.... idgi

I think if he got traded to a good team, he'd play better, but he knows the 76ers aren't going anywhere so he really doesn't give a shit.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I think if he got traded to a good team, he'd play better, but he knows the 76ers aren't going anywhere so he really doesn't give a shit.
    which is exactly why he is weak. this is labeled his team, he claims its his team and acts like he is good enough to lead a team. but yet he doesn't care. he can go into attack mode at anytime. he had a really athletic slam tonight which he can do at anytime yet he decides to stand there and jack up a contested shot. hes 27 he is what he is, the sixers are not gonna win anything with him as was proved the last couple seasons. the sooner we get rid of him the better.
    Last edited by Styles p; 11-02-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Saw a basketball once

Let'em know GOBB.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    which is exactly why he is weak. this is labeled his team, he claims its his team and acts like he is good enough to lead a team. but yet he doesn't care. he can go into attack mode at anytime. he had a really athletic slam tonight which he can do at anytime yet he decides to stand there and jack up a contested shot. hes 27 he is what he is, the sixers are not gonna win anything with him as was proved the last seasons. the sooner we get rid of him the better.
    I think one of the reasons he doesn't give a shit is because of boring-ass idiot homo cornball fans like you who prefer to sit on their asses and talk about how much he sucks on the internet instead of going to the game and supporting him.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    I think one of the reasons he doesn't give a shit is because of boring-ass idiot homo cornball fans like you who prefer to sit on their asses and talk about how much he sucks on the internet instead of going to the game and supporting him.
    oh right because you know how many games i have attended.

Iggy for... um, er, cant think of a fair trade.

Quote Originally Posted by PullupJay
    Honestly, Iggy has the potential to be just as good as lebron. He can do it all. I don't know what's up with him. He is freakishly athletic,has a more then decent shot,good defense, good passer<etc.... idgi
    Carter has the potential to be better than Jordan
    Marbury has the potential to be better than Isiah

it's more about what's in your head.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Bulls would gladly take him off your guys' hands in exchange for Deng. Though Deng's not any better to build around, he'd try hard all the time. They're both dudes you add to teams that already have a star or two.

Iguodala just isn't a star himself. He's a sidekick. . .arguably even a third option. With superstar expectations, you're always gonna be disappointed with the guy.

Is he really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Bulls would gladly take him off your guys' hands in exchange for Deng. Though Deng's not any better to build around, he'd try hard all the time. They're both dudes you add to teams that already have a star or two.

Iguodala just isn't a star himself. He's a sidekick. . .arguably even a third option. With superstar expectations, you're always gonna be disappointed with the guy.

Is he really that bad?
    I kind of look at Iggy as a guy who really just checks out when he doesn't have a good team around him. Yeah he might gets his old numbers, but they won't be flashy or anything, and won't help you win. I agree he'd be a better sidekick than leader though just because of the fact he doesn't care about winning. Maybe I'm wrong though I'm sure Philly fans can fill us in better

its the nbahe has suspect handles and a avg jumpshot for a sf what do you expect from him he is like a shawn marion maxing out all of his talents.Lower your expectations just because he dunks on a fastbreak or catches a alley opp doesnt mean he can take over a game......................

About the FT's and attacking the basket, it might actually have something to do with Doug Collins.

On opening night, the whole starting 5 ended up with zero FT's attempted. Actually, Lou is the only Sixer that is constantly going to the line. The rest of the team rarely shoots FT's. No Jrue, no Iggy, no Brand, no Young nor Turner.

That should be a red flag in Collin's offensive scheme. Get that fixed already.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    It's crazy how he hasn't progressed in years. Just slowly become crappier and crappier. I don't get this guy. Solid handles, very good all around defense, crazy athletic, clutch as fuck, 6'6 210 lbs, solid midrange game, high iq, impressive passer, can run, can rebound, great dunker and so on. All these characteristic usually = GOAT potential type player or atleast a dominant perimeter motherfucker, but this guy has underachieved so much.

I've had so much hopes for this guy. What a disappointment so far...

Im thinking maybe its just one of those things where he needs a fresh start on another team. Also, Iggy cannot be the only option on a squad. He is a good piece to have, but not a star by any means...

Dunking on everybody in the park donsanchez306's Avatar

I agree completely with gobb. I wanted to rebuild beforewe got elton brand now we are stuck with him and iggy. I miss reggie evans and kyle korver