Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Who should get in the HOF?

Quote Originally Posted by Biddy77
    so... the NBA Hall of Fame, which celebrates the NBA careers of players (as opposed to being a general professional basketball hall of fame) should induct ABA players?

the ABA players who came to the NBA and had Hall of Fame worthy careers in the League have been inducted based on those merits.

if you think the NBA (again... it's own f**king league) should induct players from other leagues, i think you should start a campaign to demand that the NBA induct Terry Bradshaw into their hall of fame. i hear he was a very good player in the NFL...

It's called the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Local High School Star Bush4Ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Biddy77
    so... the NBA Hall of Fame, which celebrates the NBA careers of players (as opposed to being a general professional basketball hall of fame) should induct ABA players?

the ABA players who came to the NBA and had Hall of Fame worthy careers in the League have been inducted based on those merits.

if you think the NBA (again... it's own f**king league) should induct players from other leagues, i think you should start a campaign to demand that the NBA induct Terry Bradshaw into their hall of fame. i hear he was a very good player in the NFL...
    It's just the basketball hall of fame. It inductes players from international leagues, college, etc... fairly frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers

It's called the Basketball Hall of Fame.
    excuse me while i pull my head out of my ass.

this could take some time. i wedged it in there pretty good.

especially embarassing--the fact that i already knew this (see reference to Bob Hurley, Sr being a shoo-in for his high school accomplishments), but managed to forget it, and even used the word "retard" in this thread.

here's me:

and here is me publicly admitting my mistake. i have no idea wtf came over me. not sure if it's the legitimately retarded threads today (john stockton/overrated, upper body strength overrated, etc etc), or my anxiety over the blazers vs rockets game... either way, my idiocy in this thread has been inexcusable.

i apologize.

bumping for more apology.

my bad.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

We all make the occasional flub

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    We all make the occasional flub
    true.

i just decided to make mine a really big one. kudos to you for not responding to my idiocy with an angry response. i'd still have admitted i was in the wrong, but i came away from this with increased respect for how you handled it.

/salute