Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-23-2018, 12:31 PM   #1
MMM
877-954-1893

Default Playoff Power Rankings

1. Golden State - They are still playing at a championship level without Steph

2. New Orleans - Davis is playing at an MVP level, but I also like the compete level of their guards. Jrue and Rondo aren't going to be backing down any time soon

3. Philadelphia - Embiid anchoring both ends, Simmons, and 3 point shooting role players is a solid formula so much, so they swept on the road. Only the Pels have done the same which is a good accomplishment for any team much less a young team like the Sixers.

4. Utah - This might be match up related because the Thunder's non-ability to guard at the 1 and 2 has allowed the Utah guards showcase they are pretty damn good.

5. Houston - I wouldn't count them out because i remember the 08 Celtics having similar struggles early on the road before they figured it out. Unfortunately for the Rockets, the t-wolves are no 08 Hawks, and the Warriors are no 08 Pistons.

6. Toronto - DeRozan has been the most consistent star in their series, and the Raps have held double-digit leads in 3 of the 4 games. With at least 1 maybe 2 hope games i expect the best home team all season to get through

7. Cleveland - I still expect LeBron to be in the Finals because he has a psychological advantage over both the Raps/Wiz and the closer he gets to the finals the more i expect that he can find another gear or 2.

8. OKC - I can't see PG13 signing up for potential first-round exits

9. Indiana - Game 4 was a must win, i don't think they have enough sustainable firepower going forward.

10. Miami - They could have won both games in Miami, but they didn't get enough stops to expand their leads. The series overall has been a back and forth battle, but Miami just isn't able to close out like the Sixers were able

11. Washington - Have Wall, Beal, and Porter finally arrived at the same time??? Nice game 4 but the officiating seemed questionable especially after the soft call on Beal's 6th

12. Minnesota - Nice to see their first playoff win in 14 years but it doesn't take away from the poor decisions in the first 2 games. I'm looking to see if by game 4 they have learned from the mistakes of game 1 and 2 or have they become habits that are hard to break; i.e. better utilise KAT and he has to dominate on mismatches instead of floating to the outside.

13. Boston - Young team but no excuses to play as bad as they have had in multiple games while makes some errors in the crunch like Rozier leaving a open 3 in game 1 and Brown's TO in game 4. Overall not a bad showing by the 3 young C's so far but they need to show me more.

14. Milwaukee - is Antetokounpo still overrated??? now that the series is 2-2 is he a star again because i don't think his game was better than the games he played in Boston. The Bucks have talent, but it doesn't mesh as well because the organisation has had a number of letdowns.

15. San Antonio - At least they didn't get swept but my condolences to the Pop and Spurs family. The Leonard drama will be what we turn to next this summer.

16. Portland - They looked embarrassing, but people are putting way to much emphasis on the 1st round. There is coming back from being swept in the 1st round, and the current #1 seed in the East might be proof.

How do you rank the playoff teams???
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:37 PM   #2
FKAri
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Playoff Power Rankings

Overrating Philly. Underrating Boston.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:02 PM   #3
BANE?
Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Playoff Power Rankings

Warriors are not playing at a championship level, there’s nothing impressive about their double digit victories over a spurs team without kawhi. They had awful starts in game 2 and 3 yet it didn’t matter because they were playing against a mediocre SA team. Warriors have no room for error when playing the pelicans and possibly the rockets. New Orleans have looked like the best team and with the way they’re playing right now, they could beat the warriors in seven games

Last edited by BANE? : 04-23-2018 at 01:06 PM.
BANE? is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: