Playoff Power Rankings
1. Golden State - They are still playing at a championship level without Steph
2. New Orleans - Davis is playing at an MVP level, but I also like the compete level of their guards. Jrue and Rondo aren't going to be backing down any time soon
3. Philadelphia - Embiid anchoring both ends, Simmons, and 3 point shooting role players is a solid formula so much, so they swept on the road. Only the Pels have done the same which is a good accomplishment for any team much less a young team like the Sixers.
4. Utah - This might be match up related because the Thunder's non-ability to guard at the 1 and 2 has allowed the Utah guards showcase they are pretty damn good.
5. Houston - I wouldn't count them out because i remember the 08 Celtics having similar struggles early on the road before they figured it out. Unfortunately for the Rockets, the t-wolves are no 08 Hawks, and the Warriors are no 08 Pistons.
6. Toronto - DeRozan has been the most consistent star in their series, and the Raps have held double-digit leads in 3 of the 4 games. With at least 1 maybe 2 hope games i expect the best home team all season to get through
7. Cleveland - I still expect LeBron to be in the Finals because he has a psychological advantage over both the Raps/Wiz and the closer he gets to the finals the more i expect that he can find another gear or 2.
8. OKC - I can't see PG13 signing up for potential first-round exits
9. Indiana - Game 4 was a must win, i don't think they have enough sustainable firepower going forward.
10. Miami - They could have won both games in Miami, but they didn't get enough stops to expand their leads. The series overall has been a back and forth battle, but Miami just isn't able to close out like the Sixers were able
11. Washington - Have Wall, Beal, and Porter finally arrived at the same time??? Nice game 4 but the officiating seemed questionable especially after the soft call on Beal's 6th
12. Minnesota - Nice to see their first playoff win in 14 years but it doesn't take away from the poor decisions in the first 2 games. I'm looking to see if by game 4 they have learned from the mistakes of game 1 and 2 or have they become habits that are hard to break; i.e. better utilise KAT and he has to dominate on mismatches instead of floating to the outside.
13. Boston - Young team but no excuses to play as bad as they have had in multiple games while makes some errors in the crunch like Rozier leaving a open 3 in game 1 and Brown's TO in game 4. Overall not a bad showing by the 3 young C's so far but they need to show me more.
14. Milwaukee - is Antetokounpo still overrated??? now that the series is 2-2 is he a star again because i don't think his game was better than the games he played in Boston. The Bucks have talent, but it doesn't mesh as well because the organisation has had a number of letdowns.
15. San Antonio - At least they didn't get swept but my condolences to the Pop and Spurs family. The Leonard drama will be what we turn to next this summer.
16. Portland - They looked embarrassing, but people are putting way to much emphasis on the 1st round. There is coming back from being swept in the 1st round, and the current #1 seed in the East might be proof.
How do you rank the playoff teams???