Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cool guy

Default Re: Coach Nick's WB Hate is Hilarious

Since when did that irrelevant bastard's opinion even matter? Some of you guys acting like he's some big analyst or some shit

Quote Originally Posted by Dee O Gee
    Since when did that irrelevant bastard's opinion even matter? Some of you guys acting like he's some big analyst or some shit
    he's getting extremely popular among the NBA community now.. like it or not he's becoming/has become a big analyst he's doing what ESPN and NBA tv analysts SHOULD be doing... actually breaking down basketball plays for fans to understand

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    he's getting extremely popular among the NBA community now.. like it or not he's becoming/has become a big analyst he's doing what ESPN and NBA tv analysts SHOULD be doing... actually breaking down basketball plays for fans to understand
    NBA community? explain.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    It doesn't speak much about today's league if he's a top 10 player.
    so you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    NBA community? explain.
    coaches, players, writers, are all on board with his interviews and content and fans are watching it... what needs explained?

his popularity has exploded in the past few years I still remember when his channel was first getting started

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

so you agree.
    I don't, but if others do, it doesn't look good for the league.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

coaches, players, writers, are all on board with his interviews and content and fans are watching it... what needs explained?

his popularity has exploded in the past few years I still remember when his channel was first getting started

Yup, hate him or love him, he's becoming a legit analyst.

links. I don't follow NBA specific columns so I'm not familiar with people giving this guy any credibility.

links. I don't follow NBA specific columns so I'm not familiar with people giving this guy any credibility.
    ..dude go to his Youtube channel and browse athletes, coaches, and NBA senior writers that do segments with him... he gets guys like Kyle Korver to talk about shooting on his channel, Steve Aschburner to talk NBA history and context from a journalist perspective, he talks to current and HOF basketball coaches.

He's big time now, seriously. He's ingratiated himself with legitimate people in the basketball world and fans watch his stuff. Whether you agree with his content or not his content has made him become popular/successful in the community of basketball no way around it.

..dude go to his Youtube channel and browse athletes, coaches, and NBA senior writers that do segments with him... he gets guys like Kyle Korver to talk about shooting on his channel, Steve Aschburner to talk NBA history and context from a journalist perspective, he talks to current and HOF basketball coaches.

He's big time now, seriously. He's ingratiated himself with legitimate people in the basketball world and fans watch his stuff. Whether you agree with his content or not his content has made him become popular/successful in the community of basketball no way around it.
    I'm not trying to hate on him. I seriously don't watch his stuff, not outta any malice tho. If that is the case then good for him.

Thanks tho. I legit had no idea this happened. Guess there was unfulfilled demand in the market and he is filling it. Good for him.

I'm not trying to hate on him. I seriously don't watch his stuff, not outta any malice tho. If that is the case then good for him.

Thanks tho. I legit had no idea this happened. Guess there was unfulfilled demand in the market and he is filling it. Good for him.
    I believe the demand comes from the fact that if you are a fan of sports and sincerely want to understand basketball better, ESPN and NBAtv analysts are legitimately useless... they analyze the social media angle of sports coverage more than anything it's like sports TMZ. Say Lebron's name 15 times during a half hour segment, talk about "wanting it more" and "willing to victory", a Kevin Durant twitter feud etc.

Coach Nick, even if he has biases or w/e any of his detractors might try to point out, actually attempts to talk X's and O's and reveal some of the finer points of how the game is played. It's def a much needed niche. Compare some of his breakdowns of games to Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless's take and oh my you wonder why they are saying what they are on the most watched Sports network in America where as Coach Nick is still on Youtube.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

No one has worse shot selection than stephen curry... he shoots multiple deep contested 3s a game and last time I checked he's also a high turnover guy as well. Why don't we hear any talk of Curry's low IQ?... to say westbrook has a low basketball IQ is absurd. Especially considering how well he runs the floor, the break, fills the lane, give his teammates a target to pass to. Being aggressive in getting your own shot doesn't make you a low IQ. GIve me westbrook anyday. When playoff time comes he dominates his PG matchup on both ends.
    Last edited by I.R.Beast; 02-08-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    No one has worse shot selection than stephen curry... he's shoots multiple deep contested 3s a game and last time I check he's also a high turnover guy as well. Why don't we hear any talk of Curry's low IQ?... to say westbrook has a low basketball IQ is absurd. Especially considering how well he runs the floor, the break, fills the lane, give his teammates a target to pass to. Being aggressive in getting your own shot doesn't make you a low IQ. GIve me westbrook anyday. When playoff time comes he dominates his PG matchup on both ends.
    the steph curry thing will happen eventually. he has never had any expectations until recently. sooner or later people will realize who damaging his reckless playstyle is to playoff basketball, Kerr has had similar compliants. He is also unable to make certain passes in the halfcourt based on his play in the play in the playoffs, although he may have progresses.

the steph curry thing will happen eventually. he has never had any expectations until recently. sooner or later people will realize who damaging his reckless playstyle is to playoff basketball, Kerr has had similar compliants. He is also unable to make certain passes in the halfcourt based on his play in the play in the playoffs, although he may have progresses.
    Man... and i love Steph Curry, but his shot selection is easily worse than any PG that people wanna call a "low IQ" player and he is every bit as reckless with the ball as another PG. Westbrook is more conducive to winning playoff games than in stephen curry IMO..even when westbrook is having a bad night shooting...his missed layups a lot times end up being O reb opportunities for second chance points..if curry misses those deep 3s that a fastbreak on the other end. Also Westbrooks playoff defense is a coaches dream. Aggressive and phsyical. Westbrook's passion for the game and desire to win at all costs are what drive the thunder despite how horribly coached they are. He allows KD to be that silent Killer that just gets it done.

There is a reason 3pt chucking teams don't do well in the playoffs.

The russell westbrook hate is grotesque and t's only this bad because his teammate is durant and people feel as though his job is to just pass to durant on every play and not get his own shot. Westbrook is hands down the most hated player in the league and his ability to play as great as he does despite being a media villain is commendable.

When lebron is shooting those ugly fadeaway threes no one says anything. When curry is pulling up from popeyes chicken with a defender in his grill no one says nothing. When Cp3 has an easy layup in the lane and kicks it out to barnes for a brick no one says nothing. The moment westbrook takes his heat check or his contested shot that every superstar in this league has the leeway to take it's "a bad shot", "He's a bonehead" , "He's so dumb".. This guy will literally make 1 or 2 mistakes a game and get's murdered by the media. Everyone ignores what he does in the passing game, the defensive end, on the boards, the emotianal driving force that he is to this team to get their momentum up. THe NBA needs more players like westbrook that gives everything he has to winning the game.

Last year Cp3 made smug comments about westbrook not being a PG...Westbrook came out ravaged cp3 in that series. #Competitor.