Default Re: Dirk Nowitzki is still the best clutch player in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Jlamb47
    Id say Damian
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Kobe
    I'd say Chadron, Nebraska

epic dirk

wouldnt he have to compete with top 5-25 all time (like garnett, duncan) guys for the all nba first team selection in his prime, he would have had so much more.

guard spot was a joke back then and kobe profited so much of this circumstance.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I think Ellis has been better than Dirk late in games this year, although Dirk was had is fair share of moments as usual.

This Mavs team, at least on paper, should be next to impossible to stop late in games if Dirk/Ellis are on their games. Just seems like they are capable of getting a good shot every possession in a slowed down close game with a few minutes remaining.

I'd imagine teams will just leave Rondo completely, but even then a wide open shot for as bad a shooter as Rondo is actually still a quality shot.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I think Ellis has been better than Dirk late in games this year, although Dirk was had is fair share of moments as usual.

This Mavs team, at least on paper, should be next to impossible to stop late in games if Dirk/Ellis are on their games. Just seems like they are capable of getting a good shot every possession in a slowed down close game with a few minutes remaining.

I'd imagine teams will just leave Rondo completely, but even then a wide open shot for as bad a shooter as Rondo is actually still a quality shot.

1. thing with monta is, that he extremly profits from the space Dirks creates. you can see how his number are dropping when dirk isnt on the floor. you can give dirk te worst team out there and he will deliver. not (yet) the same with monta.

2. i was thinking about to not play dirk during first 2 quarters (or during 1 1/2 quarter), bringing him 3rd for warmup and then 4th to kill it all.

I thought he is done this season tbh. His december was horrible, but man has he stepped up the last 5-6 games- vintage Dirk

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    1. thing with monta is, that he extremly profits from the space Dirks creates. you can see how his number are dropping when dirk isnt on the floor. you can give dirk te worst team out there and he will deliver. not (yet) the same with monta.

2. i was thinking about to not play dirk during first 2 quarters (or during 1 1/2 quarter), bringing him 3rd for warmup and then 4th to kill it all.
    I think it goes hand in hand. No doubt every player on the Mavs greatly benefits from Dirk just being out there. I totally agree.

However, Monta really does make a lot of shit happen on his own and deserves a ton of credit for being able to do that and play as efficiently as he has late in games.

It's not really related to this discussion, but i think Tyson has actually been our best and most valuable player to date this season. It's close between Dirk, Ellis, and Tyson...but I'd give the nod to Tyson.

Which just shows you how much circumstances matter to certain players. Because overall I'd take both Monta and Dirk over Tyson as players in a vacuum without knowing the circumstances of the team. But on this Mavs team...Tyson does so much and I really think he's the one guy we absolutely could not do anything of note without. We could piece together enough offense if Dirk or Monta went out for a while, but that defense/rebounding was just be a disaster without Tyson.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Dirk is so awesome to watch......

him dialing in jumper after jumper in the 4th quarter...still at this point of his career at his age!!

Love it!