Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Brown

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Re: Bobby Brown

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    You realize those highlights are from a friendly, not the gold medal game.
    lol , I didn't pay atention to that because I didn't see exebition in the name of the video . I will find good ones but you can still see how Kobe guards Navarro .

Steve Novak is a type A player. He was getting his shots from open 3s because teams were doubling Anthony. There was a while where he was scoring around 20 points a game. But teams scouted the games and realized that you need to always put a defender on Novak no matter what. Now for many games he is held scoreless because his man stays on him all the time.

I always thought of Navarro as a type A player too and believe he get many of his points from teams concentrating on the Gasol brothers. When Navarro did not have Pau in 2010 he did not fair so well. Also I remember in the gold medal game of 2012 Navarro had like 20+ points in the first half. In the 2nd half Kobe told coach I got him and Navarro did not score another point the rest of the game. If you put a good one on one defender on Navarro who never leaves him to double team he can be shut down, just like Novak, but that leaves one less player to double Anthony, Pau, etc...
    You have NEVER seen Navarro play.

GFTO troll

A ****ing guy that has the entire defense designed to stop him in EVERY game INCLUDING all the ones with Spanish national team and you are ****ing comparing him to Steve Novak.

**** YOU
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-31-2013 at 04:50 AM.

Yes Kobe guarded him in the first half but would sag off him to help double the bigs down low. In the second half he told coach not to worry and he stuck to Navarro like glue and did't try to help anyone else. If Navarro is not a type A player than why did he not score at all in the 2nd half? The gold medal game is the biggest game in a players career, especially a Euroleague player.
    NBA players place more emphasis on Olympics than Euroleague players do. Dumb ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    NBA players place more emphasis on Olympics than Euroleague players do. Dumb ass.
    First off there's no way to prove that. I know of no example of a Euroleague player choosing to sit out of the Olympics (although many lessor players like Spanoulis can't even qualify). And I'm not saying as compared to the World Championship. My logic is that for Euroleague players, since they don't play in the top league in the world, the Olympics and the World Championships, are the one chance they have to prove themselves against the best players in the world.

First off there's no way to prove that. I know of no example of a Euroleague player choosing to sit out of the Olympics (although many lessor players like Spanoulis can't even qualify). And I'm not saying as compared to the World Championship. My logic is that for Euroleague players, since they don't play in the top league in the world, the Olympics and the World Championships, are the one chance they have to prove themselves against the best players in the world.
    Well your logic is bad and you don't follow Euroleague enough to know for such an example .

Players play for their NT for their country and not to prove themselves .

In case if you are wondering what player from Europe doesn't play for his NT it's Diamantidis and he is clearly good enough to still play in NT.

I don't agree that European players don't care about Olympics , they care about it as much as american players .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Well your logic is bad and you don't follow Euroleague enough to know for such an example .

Players play for their NT for their country and not to prove themselves .

In case if you are wondering what player from Europe doesn't play for his NT it's Diamantidis and he is clearly good enough to still play in NT.

I don't agree that European players don't care about Olympics , they care about it as much as american players .
    Yes but Diamantidis played many times for his national team, probably more than any American player. He is just retired from the national team now.

Yes but Diamantidis played many times for his national team, probably more than any American player. He is just retired from the national team now.
    Well if he wanted he could still play but he chooses not too .

You are still wrong if you think players from Europe play for their NT to prove themslefs against NBA players .

Another lie from you. He retired several years ago and he played much less than the current core of Team USA did. The core of Team USA of this era played way more in national teams than Diamantidis ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Well if he wanted he could still play but he chooses not too .

You are still wrong if you think players from Europe play for their NT to prove themslefs against NBA players .
    Fiba, this is a serious question. What exactly is it going to take for you to grasp that gabepizza is a troll?

BTW, Sonny Weems, "the without any question best player in Europe, best scorer in Europe, and for sure 100% guaranteed Euroleague MVP", according to gabepizza, continues to suck ass in Top 16.

That's 2 years in a row that he played awful in Top 16 level. What a ****ing joke gabepizza is, calling this guy best player in Europe, or even best on CSKA.

Last edited by Euroleague; 01-31-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Another lie from you. He retired several years ago and he played much less than the current core of Team USA did. The core of Team USA of this era played way more in national teams than Diamantidis ever did.
    Buzzzzzzzz! Wrong again. Lies, lies and more lies. Diamantidis participated in
    2003 Eurobasket
    2004 Olympics
    2005 Eurobasket
    2006 World Championship
    2007 Eurobasket
    2008 Olympics
    2010 World Championship
    That's 7 tournaments he participated in.

By the "core" of Team USA you must mean James and Anthony because they have played the most games for team USA this decade. The participated in
    2004 Olympics
    2006 World Championship
    2007 Americas Championship
    2008 Olympics
    2010 Olympics

So they played in 5 tournaments, Diamantidis played in 7 yet he played less than the core of Team USA. Another bold face lie which you have been exposed telling.

And after James and Anthony the next "core" members of team USA I guess would be Kobe, Paul, D-Will, Howard and Wade and they all only played in 3 total tournaments and any one else less than that (unless we include Kidd but even he only played in 5).

But nice try lying troll.

Buzzzzzzzz! Wrong again. Lies, lies and more lies. Diamantidis participated in
    2003 Eurobasket
    2004 Olympics
    2005 Eurobasket
    2006 World Championship
    2007 Eurobasket
    2008 Olympics
    2010 World Championship
    That's 7 tournaments he participated in.

By the "core" of Team USA you must mean James and Anthony because they have played the most games for team USA this decade. The participated in
    2004 Olympics
    2006 World Championship
    2007 Americas Championship
    2008 Olympics
    2010 Olympics

So they played in 5 tournaments, Diamantidis played in 7 yet he played less than the core of Team USA. Another bold face lie which you have been exposed telling.

And after James and Anthony the next "core" members of team USA I guess would be Kobe, Paul, D-Will, Howard and Wade and they all only played in 3 total tournaments and any one else less than that (unless we include Kidd but even he only played in 5).

But nice try lying troll.
    WRONG. Diamantidis was only in the team for 6 years. USA core is in the team for 7-9 years and STILL in it.

Your lying is beyond the pale, even for this website.

Besides NUMEROUS Greek players refused to play. Mavrokefalidis refused to play so much he actually got banned for 2 months from playing by the Greek federation.

Half the ****ing Greek players don't give a shit about the Olympics. Slovenia almost always had several players refusing to play, etc. You are a delusional nut.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 02-01-2013 at 03:51 AM.

WRONG. Diamantidis was only in the team for 6 years. USA core is in the team for 7-9 years and STILL in it.

Your lying is beyond the pale, even for this website.

Besides NUMEROUS Greek players refused to play. Mavrokefalidis refused to play so much he actually got banned for 2 months from playing by the Greek federation.

Half the ****ing Greek players don't give a shit about the Olympics. Slovenia almost always had several players refusing to play, etc. You are a delusional nut.
    Wrong? I just showed that Diamantidis was on the team for 7 tournaments. Check any roster of a Greek team in those tournaments and Diamantidis would be on it. I also showed that the players who have played the most for Team USA really ever, James, Anthony and Kidd only played 7 tournaments, try to find a roster from a tournament I did not put to see if they were on it. I don't know why you are talking years. Kidd played in 1999, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2008. Does that mean he played 9 years.

The facts are you have been caught lying again. Diamantidis has played in 2 more tournaments than the American players who have played the most. No matter how you put it that is the facts.

But keep trying to weasel yourself out of another bold face lie you have been caught writing because that seems like all you are good at.

Wrong? I just showed that Diamantidis was on the team for 7 tournaments. Check any roster of a Greek team in those tournaments and Diamantidis would be on it. I also showed that the players who have played the most for Team USA really ever, James, Anthony and Kidd only played 7 tournaments, try to find a roster from a tournament I did not put to see if they were on it. I don't know why you are talking years. Kidd played in 1999, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2008. Does that mean he played 9 years.

The facts are you have been caught lying again. Diamantidis has played in 2 more tournaments than the American players who have played the most. No matter how you put it that is the facts.

But keep trying to weasel yourself out of another bold face lie you have been caught writing because that seems like all you are good at.
    I mean only played in 5 tournaments.

Even Spanoulis has played more than any Team USA player

2004 Olympics
    2005 Eurobasket
    2006 World Championship
    2007 Eurobasket
    2008 Olympics
    2009 Eurobasket
    2010 World Championship
    2012 Olympic qualifying tournament.

That's 8 tournaments Spanoulis has played in. 3 more than any US player. For example Kobe and Durant have played in a total of only 2 tournaments each. The difference every they play they win gold, not like Spanoulis who gets 11th place and then eliminated by Nigeria.

Even Spanoulis has played more than any Team USA player

2004 Olympics
    2005 Eurobasket
    2006 World Championship
    2007 Eurobasket
    2008 Olympics
    2009 Eurobasket
    2010 World Championship
    2012 Olympic qualifying tournament.

That's 8 tournaments Spanoulis has played in. 3 more than any US player. For example Kobe and Durant have played in a total of only 2 tournaments each. The difference every they play they win gold, not like Spanoulis who gets 11th place and then eliminated by Nigeria.

Kobe played in 3 tournaments. I forgot about the 2007 FIBA Americas championship.