Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Who do you play like in real life

Like short Javale.

If to be serious though, hard to find comparison. 6'3 with 6'9wingspan, love to make flashy passes, good at shot blocking, most my scoring is from self created midrange jumpers and baby hooks in the post.

Made that high school varsity squad LA Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Like short Javale.

If to be serious though, hard to find comparison. 6'3 with 6'9wingspan, love to make flashy passes, good at shot blocking, most my scoring is from self created midrange jumpers and baby hooks in the post.
    Hey Sakkreth, didnt you guys win the Bronze in Barcelona? I think Grateful Dead designed your jerseys too. Very cool. Congrats on the medal, too!

Quote Originally Posted by LA Lakers
    Hey Sakkreth, didnt you guys win the Bronze in Barcelona? I think Grateful Dead designed your jerseys too. Very cool. Congrats on the medal, too!
    That's so random, but thanks I guess

And yea we also won gold for whole Soviet Union in 1988. And after Independency made top 4 in every olympics except last one.

Learning to shoot layups Da Hammer's Avatar

Dirk Nowitzki. I like to play on the perimeter and post up mid range. I have the fade away off 1 foot shot almost perfected . I'm tall and have long arms so I rarely get well contested.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    It's called a travel, dude. Doing the Euro-Step in men's leagues with real referees is already pushing the limits of what most consider a travel or not. No offense, but guy was frozen because you took 3 to 4 steps.
    The op was implying that he traveled.

Also I have a new self-comparison. Blake griffin...if he could only barely touch the rim lol. I'm 5'11+long arms and a lean 170lbs so I can take a lot of contact and I only ever shoot jumpers when my defender completely plays off me. Otherwise I'm facing up or posting up. I'm actually a good athlete, bball just wasn't my sport growing up so my vert sucks. I was a water polo player

I have never shot a pull up jumper in a game. Closest I've come is a 1 dribble post turnaround jumper (and I like to fake and shake like Kobe on those).

I played with a ~6'4" dirk clone the other day. Kid couldn't keep the ball after 2 dribbles but his jumper was literally copied from dirk and I never got close to blocking him. I have a little pet move where I dribble to the right, jump stop, and throw up a 6-8 foot bank shot floater and if they bite I just go up and under. It gave him fits lol. I can palm a playground ball off the dribble without touching it with my left hand and it let's me do some funky moves
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 06-28-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Maybe Wade with a slightly better jump shot? I love slashing and getting to the hoop in any way imaginable but can be streaky shooting the three so sometimes I'll abandon that part of my game and just focus on creating lanes to the basket for myself and/or teammates.

Plus I'm a little guy (5'11,160) but can get rim level or higher and I'm not afraid to challenge shots defensively, I have trouble man-to-man usually but can play lanes well and block shots surprisingly well.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    It's called a travel, dude. Doing the Euro-Step in men's leagues with real referees is already pushing the limits of what most consider a travel or not. No offense, but guy was frozen because you took 3 to 4 steps.
    Yeah, like Ralph mentioned above, I was heavily implying that I traveled ("My brain short circuited", "I call it the double Euro-step."). That is the only reason I posted it - because it was so awful. I thought some might find it to be a humorous visual.

Interesting postscript: I took four to five steps and it was the worst display of footwork I've ever exhibited, but somehow no travel was called on the play. I almost gave up and didn't even jump because I thought it was an easy call (and again, terrible footwork on my part). I even apologized to my opponents for a travel not being whistled.

Doing the Euro-Step in men's leagues with real referees is already pushing the limits of what most consider a travel or not.
    Edit: Regarding a legitimate Euro-step though, I do not believe it's really pushing the limits anymore, even in casual rec leagues. Maybe in 2004, but I do not recall a time in the last ten years I've been whistled for a walk on a Euro when I execute it normally, and it's a move I rely upon with semi-regularity. I think it has just about fully ingrained itself into basketball across all levels.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 06-28-2014 at 10:47 AM.

NBA Finals

Tony Allen on defense
    Ray Allen on offense.

I can shut anyone down on defense, or at least stay in front of em.
    And on offense Im really a SG in a pgs body, but I like being on the wing and running around baseline screens alot better. Deadly jumper.

Ill can play Pg but only if I have to. In other words, if the other guys keeps turning it over or being a ballhog etc..
    Last edited by 1~Gibson~1; 06-28-2014 at 02:37 PM.

The more I think about it, the more my playing style is really just a ripoff of Pau Gasol, early Lakers version. The way I approach the game is almost exactly the same.