Default I am praying to GOBB Speights does not equal...

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Default Re: I am praying to GOBB Speights does not equal...

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

Sadly....that is a best case scenario. The dude has a ton of physical talent, but he has the a bad case of the Dumb, and a fair amount of lazy. Gooden, at least, played fairly hard.

Serious playground baller mswank's Avatar

do you mean the hideous neck hair thing or you hope he doesn't **** his pants w/ his stupidity night in and night out?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pzf-dkLJCGc

"showed range all the way out to 3 point line where he was hitting with consistency"

"his strength in a 3 on 3 game where he really shut down joe alexander"

He's the guy I wanted. Hickson was the only other low post guy pf around their pick, and he's better than Hickson.

I don't know he has the talent to be special, he was the best pick you guys coudl have got at #16. He's talented enough to start now if he has his head on straight, and I expect him to be one of the most productive players in this draft immediately.

I say he's a career 15 and 9 guy, with 1 block. Around 51 fg%.

Darrell Arthur was the friggin pick man. I'm sorry. I mean at 16? I'm not mad at this pick. I just hope this dude doesnt turn out like Drew Gooden. He is kinda cut from the same cloth. Falls in love with the jumper too much instead of taking advantage of his size, soft touch around the rim and going down [t-pain]LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW LOWWWWWWW[/t-pain].

Not a bad pick at 16 at all. I like it, just think D.Arthur was the better pick. And I cringe to think this guy might fall in love with the jumper ala Drew Gooden. Nothing more I cant stand if a big man who thinks they are a SG with a midrange game. Someone like Mcdyess? He's a vet who can pop that shyt because he lost his athletism. He's consistent and knows his spots. Drew Gooden doesnt.

nbadraft.net compared him to Juwon. Eh not sure I agree
    draftexpress compared him to Al Jefferson. I damn near fell out laughing.

Dude has the talent that is he is developed over the next 2yrs can look like a lottery pick. I'm talkin top 8. Think he better offensively than Al Horford/Noah. I mean just on scoring ability. But Al plays how I want this dude too. Closer to the rim, agressive, physical. Speights has the ability to do it, hope he changes his approach.

To his credit he only has 1 real yer of college bball. 14ppg 8rbs aint bad at all. Considering you played behind 3 NBA players your freshman year. Definately needs more improvement, work and seasoning. I dont expect him to do anymore than what Jason Smith did last year.

Size wise he shyts on Arthur but I like Arthur game much more. Screw his kidney problem. As long as Speights doesnt end up like Drew Goodumb I'll be content.

Bucks fan

As a Bucks fan, I had a list of my top 8 guys, and Speights was in there.

I thought tier one was Beasley/Rose, tier two was Mayo/Love, and tier three was about eight-ten guys, with Speights easily in that group. One of the few players who combines legit NBA size and athleticism with being an already good college player.

Sixers made a great draft pick, just as they did last year.

I see why you would want Arthur. The thing I think hurt Arthur more so than his kidney problem was his size. Only measured 6'7.5" out of shoes...only 6'8.5" in them. He's also only 216 pounds. A lot of Arthur's points came off alley oops, loose ball rebounds that he put back up, and mid range jumpers. He really looked uncomfortable when he tried his post moves. If Stefanski wanted someone who was going to play the post, it wasn't going to be Arthur.

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    I see why you would want Arthur. The thing I think hurt Arthur more so than his kidney problem was his size. Only measured 6'7.5" out of shoes...only 6'8.5" in them. He's also only 216 pounds. A lot of Arthur's points came off alley oops, loose ball rebounds that he put back up, and mid range jumpers. He really looked uncomfortable when he tried his post moves. If Stefanski wanted someone who was going to play the post, it wasn't going to be Arthur.
    Yeah, thats exactly what Ed was lookin at. All good tho. I'm not mad at the pick. I would be mad if it were someone like Ryan Anderson, Kosta Koufos. We already got a vanilla icecream cone who likes to shoot in Jason Smith.

Yeah, thats exactly what Ed was lookin at. All good tho. I'm not mad at the pick. I would be mad if it were someone like Ryan Anderson, Kosta Koufos. We already got a vanilla icecream cone who likes to shoot in Jason Smith.
    I'm even happier Robin Lopez went a pick ahead of us so we didn't consider that bum. Don't think they would have taken him, but that would have been a long 5 minute wait for me after the phx pick if he was still on the board.

McCants is Available!!

I'm even happier Robin Lopez went a pick ahead of us so we didn't consider that bum. Don't think they would have taken him, but that would have been a long 5 minute wait for me after the phx pick if he was still on the board.
    Posterize, you've been saying you wanted Speights all along. Congrats bro. Just wish the celtics would have drafted Jamont Gordon and I would be happy too. I'm satisfied with our picks though.

I say he's a career 15 and 9 guy, with 1 block. Around 51 fg%.

What is posterize246 name on ish now? He loves talking prospects and the draft.

State property