Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 307077787980
Results 1,186 to 1,196 of 1196
    Local High School Star ChrisConley's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
    Richardson is a very good player. I don't think you'd find one Bobcats fan who would deal him straight up for Ben Wallace and be happy about it. He isn't considered a disgrace to his franchise (what many Cavs fans have said). He doesn't have a website asking him to stop taking so many dumb shots. None of that stuff. Hughes, on the other hand, was considered by Cavs fans to be an absolute scrub who was hurting the team more than helping.
    What about DeShawn Stephenson?

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Hubie Brown says that the MVP race will come down to the last games and...
    if NO wins the west conf., then it would be hard to give it to anyone but CP3.

Not airballing my layups anymore ~LA's finest~'s Avatar

Hubie Brown says that the MVP race will come down to the last games and...
    if NO wins the west conf., then it would be hard to give it to anyone but CP3.
    You'd think these so called experts would have a better analogy on the game, sometimes I see no difference between a general fan and one of these experts.

I've already expressed why that's a flawed logic.
    (I think Hubie is an expert, I just don't agree with his comment at all)

It's going to be very close. I guarauntee that most everyone will be surprised at how many votes Garnett gets. I wouldn't count him out of the top 3.

Paul and Kobe will most likely capture the top two positions. How they will end up? I really don't know anymore.

Serious playground baller LakerDynasty00's Avatar

Forget about MVP, I'm just curious where the popularity of the "Kobe's Shot Selection" thread has gone?

I posted in that thread before the Memphis game he'd shoot at or near his 46% career average for the rest of the season, and in fact he's shot over 50% since then. But yeah I think its Paul's if they end up as the better record.

I don't have too much problem with that although the disparity regarding injuries to each team is pretty big. Still Paul's been nothing short of amazing and has his team at the top of the conference.

why was this thread moved for stupid NCAA

Spurs Forum Moderator The Big Three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    why was this thread moved for stupid NCAA
    The NCAA is not stupid.

Serious playground baller LakerDynasty00's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Three
    The NCAA is not stupid.
    It is relative to the NBA. People only watch it because its so much fun to bet on! The talent level is shockingly disappointing, the game is too short, style of play sucks, and 1-and-done makes no sense on a "best team should win" basis.

Not to mention most of the NCAA popularity comes from small market cities that don't have major pro-sports (or former/current alumni). Add that to the gambling and elimination style you get "March Madness." Wow. Put any freaking major sport in that format you'll get some fans (hey that's how the NFL does it).

Spurs Forum Moderator The Big Three's Avatar

College can still be fun. I only pointed it out because Nets fan has been pretty annoying lately coming into threads saying "why is this still stickied" "ncaa sucks" and goes into bucks forum with a video of devin harris dunking with no one in the vicinity except Yi and no one in that situation could have stopped harris. If you don't have anything positive to contribute, then just don't post, or at least shape your posts into something more constructive like the way LakerDynasty just voiced his dislike for the NCAA or say something like "mods green is waived so could you unsticky it", that sort of thing. Comes off as trollish when you do that too often.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by LakerDynasty00
    It is relative to the NBA. People only watch it because its so much fun to bet on! The talent level is shockingly disappointing, the game is too short, style of play sucks, and 1-and-done makes no sense on a "best team should win" basis.

Not to mention most of the NCAA popularity comes from small market cities that don't have major pro-sports (or former/current alumni). Add that to the gambling and elimination style you get "March Madness." Wow. Put any freaking major sport in that format you'll get some fans (hey that's how the NFL does it).
    Maybe if the NBA went to the one-and-done style of the NCAA, teams wouldn't take games off. I'd love to see a healthy Cavs team in a single elimination tournament, because I don't think anyone can stop LeBron, when he says all we need is this one game!

you dont know how good lebron would be in his prime