Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-17-2008, 06:03 AM   #1
Created Player
Banned

Created Player has an OK reputation so far
Default Danny Ferry: "I'm reluctant to trade away a 1st round draft pick"

This what this guy said in a recent radio interview here in Cleveland. Here you have LeBron publically acknowledging he wants help RIGHT NOW, and here you have this guy saying sh*t like this.

Have ever heard such a thing?

The type of picks he's reluctant to trade, are what, upper to mid-20's picks?

WHO THE F*CK IS RELUCTANT TO TRADE AWAY THOSE TYPES OF PICKS WHEN THE STAR PLAYER IS PUSHING FOR IMMEDIATE HELP?

And it's not only the absurdity of not wanting to trade the pick, but also the fact this guy hasn't proven he can draft quality guys at that slot given the opportunity. Dude drafts Shannon Brown two years ago and
NEVER gave him a chance.

So what's the point?

And what makes it funnier is here you have Ferry making comments like these two months after extending a coach who is notorious for not playing young players.

What Ferry, you think you're going to draft a quality young player with the 21st pick and he's going to see the court two years from the date LeBron has a chance to walk in '10?

Uhhhhh, hell no.

You see, these are all the signs of a organization pressing. You can see clear as day. What a shame it is that an ENTIRE franchise is resting on the shoulders of a 23-year old. Ferry and company have done nothing that would lead even the most optimistic of fans feeling comfortable with the future of the Cleveland Cavaliers. And the fact by the year of 2010, he would have had 5 years to organize a long-term winning plan around a top-3 player is just plain silly.

Seriously, who would die for an opportunity like that?

FIVE F*CKING YEARS!!! Two open windows with 20+ mill in cap room. Four 1st round draft picks. Five years of having Top-10 team revenue. Five years of playing in a relatively 'weaker' conference. Three years of your best player playing on a rookie salary slot.

^^^^ read that again. In the summer of '10, Ferry would have had all that to work with, and yet, up till now no one would be surprised is LeBron walked for less money at that point.

That's how bad it's been, and can possibly be for the next two years.

Welcome to the mind of a Cleveland Cavalier fan. It's so fun.
Created Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:17 AM   #2
darabzarrabi
High School JV MVP

darabzarrabi has decent reputation
Default Re: Danny Ferry: "I'm reluctant to trade away a 1st round draft pick"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Created Player

This what this guy said in a recent radio interview here in Cleveland. Here you have LeBron publically acknowledging he wants help RIGHT NOW, and here you have this guy saying sh*t like this.

Have ever heard such a thing?

The type of picks he's reluctant to trade, are what, upper to mid-20's picks?

WHO THE F*CK IS RELUCTANT TO TRADE AWAY THOSE TYPES OF PICKS WHEN THE STAR PLAYER IS PUSHING FOR IMMEDIATE HELP?

And it's not only the absurdity of not wanting to trade the pick, but also the fact this guy hasn't proven he can draft quality guys at that slot given the opportunity. Dude drafts Shannon Brown two years ago and
NEVER gave him a chance.

So what's the point?

And what makes it funnier is here you have Ferry making comments like these two months after extending a coach who is notorious for not playing young players.

What Ferry, you think you're going to draft a quality young player with the 21st pick and he's going to see the court two years from the date LeBron has a chance to walk in '10?

Uhhhhh, hell no.

You see, these are all the signs of a organization pressing. You can see clear as day. What a shame it is that an ENTIRE franchise is resting on the shoulders of a 23-year old. Ferry and company have done nothing that would lead even the most optimistic of fans feeling comfortable with the future of the Cleveland Cavaliers. And the fact by the year of 2010, he would have had 5 years to organize a long-term winning plan around a top-3 player is just plain silly.

Seriously, who would die for an opportunity like that?

FIVE F*CKING YEARS!!! Two open windows with 20+ mill in cap room. Four 1st round draft picks. Five years of having Top-10 team revenue. Five years of playing in a relatively 'weaker' conference. Three years of your best player playing on a rookie salary slot.

^^^^ read that again. In the summer of '10, Ferry would have had all that to work with, and yet, up till now no one would be surprised is LeBron walked for less money at that point.

That's how bad it's been, and can possibly be for the next two years.

Welcome to the mind of a Cleveland Cavalier fan. It's so fun.

All the master plan for Stern to get Lebron to New York in 2010...there could be no other reason for Isiah to still be in a GM position right?
darabzarrabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:23 AM   #3
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

donsanchez306 has an OK reputation so far

i'd trade them for jason kidd.
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:24 AM   #4
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

not saying that ferry is a good GM, but you know what happened the last time management give in to lebron's calls for immediate help?
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:25 AM   #5
Señor Cedric
why live??

Señor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^Why did you quote the whole post? I read it once, I don't need to read it twice. Just quote what you want to reply to, if it's the whole post then don't click the quote button, just click on reply.
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:34 AM   #6
Created Player
Banned

Created Player has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
not saying that ferry is a good GM, but you know what happened the last time management give in to lebron's calls for immediate help?
It's not about giving in to LeBron's calls for help. Hell, he probably doesn't know how to build a team either. But that's not his job...it's Ferry's. LeBron is just publically stating in a nice way that whatever Ferry has done to this point is not enough.

BOTTOMLINE: GM'S ARE SUPPOSED TO IMPLEMENT VISIONARY LONG-TERM ORGANIZATIONAL POLICIES.

That's it. Know what type of team you want and get'er done!!!!

You see, LeBron doesn't have to build this team, but he can certainly break it if he walks. But then again, GM'ing with a talent like that may be too tough for some. Everything is super-scrutinized.

That may be Ferry's problem. Small-time GM in a bigtime situation.
Created Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:50 AM   #7
kidachi

Isiah>>>Ferry
Old 02-17-2008, 07:27 AM   #8
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool

The dude better take his panties off if he wants to win/keep Lebron because the Cav's chance of winning the East with their current team is definitely closing. Atlanta and Philly already have enough expiring contracts to make conference altering signings next season, so they better do something and fast. Miami will have enough money soon to do something big down the road as well.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:03 PM   #9
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He seems the same as Paxson. Doesn't look willing to take a risk and go out and acquire a big time player. That's why I like Steve Kerr now. Regardless of whether Shaq works out for them or not, he took a risk. It's not a good idea to do it all the time, but in the Cavs situation what do you have to lose?

You stand pat and LeBron gets pissed off and leaves in 2010, cause you suck. Or you take a risk and go out and give up some pieces to get another superstar and, I dunno, maybe have a shot at winning a championship if it works out. If not, well, LeBron was gonna leave anyways.

Of course, this may be that he simply is unable to get a decent deal done with the current players he has. But, if what's holding up trades is Ferry's reluctance to give up 1st rounders, well, that's just stupid.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:07 PM   #10
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

it depends on who they could get.. are we talking big help for a 1st rounder or a mid level piece?.. are we talking jason kidd or damon stoudamire?

next year's draft class looks real solid too.. this isnt a huge deal by Ferry.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #11
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Ferry will be fired when LeBron is playing in either New York or Chicago in 2 years with that line of thinking.

Hmm, Shannon Brown or Jason Kidd?
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #12
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ferry better hope he has some Spurs luck in him when it comes to drafts. Boobie was pretty good so far.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: