Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #181
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: 2013 NFL MVP & DMVP Awards.

It was a joke that Brady got a vote. His backup gave it to him, complete homerism.

So yeah he finished second, but really shouldn't have. Peyton Manning was the regular season MVP, not Brady, to any non-homer.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:18 AM   #182
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Kuechly very much deserves it. People are underrating him because he's not a pass-rusher or he doesn't look like Hercules (aka Bowman). But the man has the motor, lateral quickness, speed, instinct/awareness and technique that very few MLB's have...and I'm not talking about this season, I'm talking about ever. His stamina is absolutely insane and he puts in 110% on every single play. He's the heart and soul of a defense that was ranked 1st for 12 total weeks this year. Every single player on Carolina's D will say Luke is their QB on defense.

He definitely deserves the award. 156 tackles, 4 INTs, 10 pass deflections...
With his quickness and play recognition, I have no doubt he could be amongst the sack leaders if he ever to play in a different system and be placed as an OLB.

But I guess people are too fascinated with interceptions and sacks, rather than actually watching film and seeing just how terrific Luke is. There's a reason both Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher gave him such high praise in the middle of the season and both chose him as the DPOTY after week 15. They both said he reminds them of themselves; they also said the fact that he isn't a showboating loudmouth like Sherman, people don't notice him as much. That's a nail on the head. Also, people act like Luke has too much help. Guess what; Sherman, Bowman and Thomas have just as much if not more help. Players like Quinn, Mathis are getting recognition because they are pass-rushers, so of course their stats will look sexier. Carolina's D has been superb in large part because Kuechly has incredible awareness for a linebacker; he covers ground faster then ANY linebacker in this league. I don't mind if people think Quinn, Mathis or Bowman deserved it more; because that's a legit argument and those guys are terrific. But saying Luke flat out doesn't deserve it just makes YOU sound like a moron who is uneducated about the sport.

Manning should have gotten all 50 1st place votes, what a joke that Brady got 1 of them. Manning had the greatest statistical season of any QB in league history and led his team to more wins than Brady. I don't care about circumstances, when you dominate the game the way Peyton has this season; you should be the anonymous winner.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:27 PM   #183
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
It was a joke that Brady got a vote. His backup gave it to him, complete homerism.

So yeah he finished second, but really shouldn't have. Peyton Manning was the regular season MVP, not Brady, to any non-homer.

It was a joke that you kept saying Kuechly was not the DPOY and that Brady was not even in the top 5-6 of the MVP race, and that you accused anyone saying otherwise of being a troll.

You got owned big time.

STFU
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #184
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

I said Kuechly was going to win it and that he deserved it.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:56 AM   #185
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I said Kuechly was going to win it and that he deserved it.

After lots of people kept calling you out on it. Before that you kept saying no way he could win it, that it was Watts all the way, and you were calling people trolls for even arguing it.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #186
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
After lots of people kept calling you out on it. Before that you kept saying no way he could win it, that it was Watts all the way, and you were calling people trolls for even arguing it.

Yeah, I remember that. Kuechly was in his honour roll for a while until I started bickering at him (heck he wasn't even in his HR until like week 7 or something). Then within a span of 4 weeks he was #1 on his list. Still, he had both winners on his list so I think we should give him credit, no?
Old 02-07-2014, 05:29 PM   #187
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

1) Kuechly
2) Bowman
3) Mathis
4) Quinn
5) Thomas/Watt/Sherman

Is my top 5 for whatever it's worth.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:33 PM   #188
Rodmantheman
National High School Star

Rodmantheman is popular on this boardRodmantheman is popular on this boardRodmantheman is popular on this boardRodmantheman is popular on this board

Continue with this thread or make a new thread?
Rodmantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: