Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I am your soldier!

Default Re: Can Boston beat Orlando?

Quote Originally Posted by faz200
    The Big question is, Can Perkins Give them 38 minutes a night?
    Hell yeah man. Perk in game 5 played 48:20, with NO FOULS. Only two other players have done that, Wilt and (I'm drawing a blank). Perk has been playing fantastic lately. In game 5 he had 16 points, 19 rebs, and 7 blocks.

He and Baby have really stepped up since Powe/KG have been out.

Plus with Rondo attacking, Pierce and Ray. I think the Celts have a good shot at beating them.

Also the bench will play Moore(joke). Scal, TA, House, Marbury, and Moore will definitely see quite a bit more time.

Oh the Bealsanity

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    My thoughts....

Other than Dwight Howard, Orlando is a BAD rebounding team.

They have streaky shooters, and I expect them to win one game by 15 plus points if they are on.

They are worst defensively than Chicago was. Chicago was able to take away drives for most of the series against the celtics. Lewis and Turk are no Tyrus Thomas,Noah, type guys. They are finesse players.

Orlando doesnt run a whole lot where as the bulls were a fast break everytime rose had the ball. IN a half court set Celtics are dangerous with Allen on screens,Pierce on the elbow, and rondo penetrating.

BOSTON in 6
    You lost all your credibility right there. Bulls=terrible on defense. Gordon and Rose were probably the worst starting defensive backcourt in the PO.

And lol, Noah and Thomas are definitely finesse players. Noah doesn't impose himself physically in any game. Post=fail

Saw a basketball once

call me crazy but i like the celts in 7. all boston needs to do is look at how detroit owned them last year in the playoffs. perkins needs to do his best sheed impression and just play him straight up. no double teaming. i see rondo and ray allen outperforming the magic's backcourt. just like billups and hamilton did last year. ITS NO DIFFERENT. i see rondo having a big series against alston. look howard is gonna get his numbers. heck so will turk and shard. but i dont think its gonna be enuff. even when scal and mikki moore come in. all they have to do is but a body on howard and make him work. just buy perkins some time to avoid him getting in foul trouble.

Default Re: Could Boston beat Orlando?

They won't win without KG. Period.

The C's are done. Howard will out muscle the C's and Alston will take Rondo to school. The C's hit 3's. The Magic hit them too. Too bad for big shiny KG.

Default Re: Could Boston beat Orlando?

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    It will be a treat.
    3's all day

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by GatorKid117
    You lost all your credibility right there. Bulls=terrible on defense. Gordon and Rose were probably the worst starting defensive backcourt in the PO.

And lol, Noah and Thomas are definitely finesse players. Noah doesn't impose himself physically in any game. Post=fail
    Yeah, plus Orlando's a great defensive team. No one on the team has a reputation as a great defender other than Dwight, but the Magic led the league in defensive rating last year. Someone needs to write a book on how, too, because the more I think about it, the more it blows my mind.

Yes they can. Boston matches up pretty well against Orlando. They have the size inside to slow down Dwight, much better point guard play, and better wing players.

Much of it will come down to the way the refs call the Dwight v Perkins matchup. If they call it in favor of Dwight as usual, and Perkins ends up spending much of the game on the bench as a result, the Magic will win. If they start actually calling Dwight for some of all the 3-second violations and offensive fouls though ? In that case the Celtics win.

Local High School Star Bush4Ever's Avatar

If the Celtics bigs can match up with Howard, the Celtics will actually match up very well with Orlando.

Besides, any team that leans heavily on outside shooting is vulnerable.

Good High School Starter Splitz77's Avatar

I see my celtics winning 4-0.......lol.jkjk

Nah, I don't think that its going to be easy for the Celtics, if they do end up losing to the magic, I think that they will lose in either game 6 or 7..

Without KG, no chance.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by GatorKid117

THIS ^^^

Bulls were AWFUL on D. The only presence they have on D is blocking shots with TT and Noah. No perimeter defense, terrible at fighting through screens, apparently awful against the pick and roll.

When you look at the Boston-Chicago series, the one thing that really killed the Bulls was the lack of size inside. Even though Noah had a good series, he was abused by perkins. Perkins got a ridiculous number of offensive boards and they always capitalized on them. Obviously, Perkins wont be able to push around Howard like hes a 12 year old girl.

I think the Magic take this in 6. Thats only if the Celtics continue to make every god damn last shot like they did against my bulls.

To the people saying who guards pierce and allen....Does it matter who guards them? we had Salmons on Pierce and he was basically no where to be found for most of the series. With Allen it doesnt even matter, he apparently makes every freakin shot he takes.
    Last edited by burnsy87; 05-03-2009 at 06:10 PM.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by burnsy87
    With Allen it doesnt even matter, he apparently makes every freakin shot he takes.
    He does...

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    He does...
    Stop bringing it up

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by burnsy87
    Stop bringing it up
    Hahaha, sorry. What can I say?

The man was insane in round 1.