Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: 10 seconds left, tied up, ball in Jordans hands. Who do you chose to defend him?

obv Lebron

Default Re: 10 seconds left, tied up, ball in Jordans hands. Who do you chose to defend him?

Prime Payton.

Bill Russell

Not as fast, but fast enough to keep up with him...and any speed difference might be nullified by Bills Length...GOAT clutch offense vs GOAT clutch Defense

Last edited by jongib369; 08-28-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    I'll go with Kevin Durant. his length is just too crazy

So you didn't watch the finals last season?

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

bowen

Quote Originally Posted by Mach_3
    Michael Cooper was the first thought in my head, then it went to Pippen, prime KG for some reason (i guess was thinking ridiculous length plus the extremely high Defensive IQ he has) then i went to Bowen, and for some other reason Moncrief. Then i started thinking about Frazier and a couple others.

Truthfully i don't even think i have an answer to this question now that i think about it
    Prime KG is VERY INTERESTING! KG back in the day was a guy in my opinion that was capable of defending SG-C. In terms of SG, I always thought more specifically bigger swingmen in that 6'8 to 6'9 range. But MJ early in career was known as a swingman at 6'6. If any 7 footer EVER could defend MJ good it would KG. KG had the lateral quickness and game of a swingman anyway. And let's not forget he played a ton of SF early in his career. His first All Star nod came as a SF.

This is how dumb you kids are...

NOBODY MENTION SOMETHING ALREADY PROVEN AND FACTUAL.
    SOMEBODY JORDAN HIMSELF SAID GAVE HIM PROBLEMS ALL THE TIME.

Gah damn time is passing and the legend of Jordan is surpassing truth. And who ever says LeBron or Wade don't know sh*t about b-ball. Both of them are NOT lock down defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Hmm...I'm surprised there are not more people saying Gary Payton.

He held MJ to .414 FG in the 1996 Finals. In the closing game, MJ went 5-23 on FG, and had 7 assists and 5 turnovers.

That was probably MJ's worst Finals Performance out of his 6 appearances. Looks like Payton did a good job.
    To an extent I think Jordan was worn down by the end of that season, his first full campaign in two years. Payton's defense was only part of the reason he had a subpar series, he managed to get looks but missed shots he'd normally hit.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    For me it's either Pippen or Lebron
    Throw a double team and hope Jordan passes the ball, rather have someone else beat me

Stupid kids know your history!!!

Again who ever say LeBron or Wade don't know sh*t about ball.

Durant ?

Did you not watch the Finals?

For each position
    PG - The Glove. I'd like to put Fraizer, but he gambled too much on defense
    SG - Dumars. Him and the Pistons gave him the most trouble ever.
    SF - Pippen. Great defender, added bonus he knew Jordan's game more than his competitors
    PF - Pistons Rodman. The guy was ferocious on defense in his heyday
    C - Russell. His competitive spirit would make sure Jordan would have to work for every single point.

Of all those, I'd say Pippen. Dumars is a close second for all the misery the Pistons gave young MJ, but the Pistons system didn't rely on just Dumars getting to Jordan, it relied on everybody. With Pippen, he'd have the most knowledge on what Jordan could and would do. Plus he's one of the great one on one defenders.

How is this even a question? How about we let the greatest defender of all time guard him...

Scottie would give him a ton of problems.

Other players I would let guard him would be LeBron from '10, Prime KG, Artest, and prime Rodman.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Prime Payton.
    As close as it gets.