Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Kobe 52 Pts vs Jazz 30 in 1 Qtr!!!

What you're saying is great and all, but the fact that Doc Rivers and every other opponent game plan their defense towards Kobe and not Pau Gasol means a lot more than petty statistics that hardly even favor Pau. I'm sure these NBA Coaches know more basketball then you and I, and they would have a good reason for doing so. Go youtube press conferences. Watch the games, listen to what the Coaches and assistant coaches are saying at half time. They never talk about shutting down Pau or holding him to a low percentage. I'm not sure what game you were watching either, I disagree, Pau Gasol was hardly ever doubled.

I didn't know the turnover thing, but it makes sense since Kobe is not a point guard, and he is also not a forward.

I don't think Kobe > MJ, but I also don't think MJ was god. MJ was a lot like Kobe, but people don't want to see it. He often shot poorly. He often disrupted team offense going iso. But both are so impactful in the game and require so much attention and resources.

Pau Gasol is not on the same level as prime Shaq, or even a 40 year old MJ for that matter (exaggeration on the last part, as a team owner I'd take prime Pau over 40 year old MJ). You get my point.

32dayz =

@ 7Cody

its all good man, just my observations and opinions I dont expect everyone to agree with me.

I did see the offense run through Gasol in the post like you would do normally in the triangle offense and I did watch him create at times for others and also score plenty by himself.

I dont know Doc Rivers personally or his game plans so I can only watch the games and judge for myself how they were defending LA.

I personally think Gasol was more valuable over the entire Finals series especially due to his play in the 4 Wins and in G6 and G7 but for those who feel differently its fine.

Obviously for those who are player fans of Kobe I wouldn't expect them to feel comfortable agreeing with this as they most likely choose to view Gasol as a roleplayer and not a Legit Star since it enhances their view and opinion of Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    @ 7Cody

its all good man, just my observations and opinions I dont expect everyone to agree with me.

I did see the offense run through Gasol in the post like you would do normally in the triangle offense and I did watch him create at times for others and also score plenty by himself.

I dont know Doc Rivers personally or his game plans so I can only watch the games and judge for myself how they were defending LA.

I personally think Gasol was more valuable over the entire Finals series especially due to his play in the 4 Wins and in G6 and G7 but for those who feel differently its fine.

Obviously for those who are player fans of Kobe I wouldn't expect them to feel comfortable agreeing with this as they most likely choose to view Gasol as a roleplayer and not a Legit Star since it enhances their view and opinion of Kobe.

not true, Gasol played great in the '09 and '10 Playoffs, and an elite player, not a superstar of course but a good allstar
    I like Gasol, and when he plays right the Lakers are 2/2 in championships when Kobe and Pau play elite basketball together

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    @ 7Cody

You didn't say this specifically, but you might have implied it -- I never said or thought Gasol is a roleplayer. He's an elite player, but he's no Kobe, MJ, Shaq, nothing. What I did say is that he's guarded like a role player.

Either way, thanks for being a good sport, unfortunately I do not agree with you at all about Gasol being more valuable. Could we have won without him? Absolutely not. Without kobe? Hell no! Gasol would have struggled, shot horribly trying to lead this team, it would have been epic failure, and suddenly Kobe's great amazingly stacked team because known for what it really is, 2 great players, a couple very good roleplayers, and that's it. Not to mention one of the worst starting point guards in the NBA. Overrall, Kobe's supporting cast is very, very overrated.

LOL, this is right after he came back from knee surgery and got hung on the rim a game or two before He had something to prove.

I dunno, I think a frontline of Gasol/Bynum and Odom is pretty impressive especially in 2010 where Bynum was healthy and could contribute consistently. They have also had some solid guards like Artest, Ariza etc.

I agree Peak/Prime Gasol is certainly not comparable to Prime Kobe, Shaq or players of that level but I dont think 2010 Kobe was
    "Prime Kobe" anymore.
    Kobe was beginning to decline in 2010 and Gasol was hitting his Prime/Peak which is why I think they were somewhat close in contributions to the team that year.

I also disagree that Gasol was treated like a roleplayer defensively as I dont think Boston viewed him as that type of player but instead as LA's 2nd Star / 0ffensive option.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    the biggest statpadder and team cancer ever

Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    the biggest statpadder and team cancer ever
    you mean lebron? he completed destroyed the heat's chances of a championship last season and CHECK MY $TATS.