Default It's about to be the 2020's yet some of you fools are still going on about the 80s

Could you imagine 1st take still bringing up babe ruth everyday..Thats what it feels like with the MJ thing....Let it go

He was #1

Times changed

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: It's about to be the 2020's yet some of you fools are still going on about the 80s

Babe Ruth’s rookie season was 105 years ago. Michael Jordan played people in the league today. Not really the same thing. Michael Jordan was only a long time ago to people who don’t clearly remember a president before Obama.

Default Re: It's about to be the 2020's yet some of you fools are still going on about the 80s

His last title was in '98, he currently is a part owner of a franchise and his shoes outsell those of any current player.

So yes he is still relevant.

They may not have known how to shoot the ball back then from afar (3-pointers) but they sure could put you in a mean headlock!

I made a thread earlier about how Zion might have a chance to pass the Bron. It must be a weird feeling, being a Jordan fan and LeBron passing you in every single individual statistical category.

At what point do you accept it and let go? Probably never for most of them

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid
    Could you imagine 1st take still bringing up babe ruth everyday..Thats what it feels like with the MJ thing....Let it go

He was #1

Times changed
    Babe Ruth hit a home run at the rate of 1 per 12 times at bat. No other baseball player has ever duplicated that home run rate, so there is a valid argument about Babe being the greatest home run hitter. As always, it depends on what you want the measuring criteria to be = poor analogy.

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]Babe Ruth

win 6 rings, embiid. til then shut up

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    His last title was in '98, he currently is a part owner of a franchise and his shoes outsell those of any current player.

So yes he is still relevant.

BOOM

I see kids today rockin MJ's Jordan 3's and 4's, shoes that were out when I was a freshman and sophomore in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    BOOM

I see kids today rockin MJ's Jordan 3's and 4's, shoes that were out when I was a freshman and sophomore in high school.
    Yes we know it's all about the shoes and YouTube highlight dunks and Wheaties box appearances

Get a clue he's been passed up in damn near everything now, and he faced week competitors throughout his career