Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Why are overweight people discriminated against so much?

God I hope this isn't some dumb-ass Type 2 diabetes gimmick.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    You ask me smokers are in a category of their own. Those mfers only think about their next smoke. How much they have left in their pack.

I don't discriminate against smokers, but when it comes to dating I'm against dating a girl who smokes. One being that she's going to smell like smoke and she probably will more than likely have bad hygiene.
    Smokers think about their next smoke just like obese think about food 24/7...I really don't see much difference

they both have an unhealthy habit they need to break

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Smokers think about their next smoke just like obese think about food 24/7...I really don't see much difference

I think about my next food 247. It's cravings. We all have them. They have it most often and make it an necessity. Sitting next to a smoker with their clothes drenched in smoke and inhaling it is the worst. Most a fat person ever did to piss me off was probably take up one and a half seats on a bus or train. Which is fine.

90% of my friends smoke. At the end of the day I'm second hand smoking. I'm smelling like smoke. And we all know smoke on clothing is irritable.

Not trying to "offend" any smokers. But if I had too, I'd shame the fck out of them before anyone else. Breath smells like shit. Odor smells like shit. Their constant gross coughing. Their constant need to smoke every break. Always spitting.

A fat person would get me hungry when he/she is munching.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

what's up with the huge peeps who get gastric bypass surgery and then they look really strange afterwards? like a huge head and small neck and stuff.

You're definitely over thinking it. You're used to seeing him overweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Type 2
    Why does that matter? They aren't hurting others. You don't have to be attracted to them, but why do people have to be mean to them?
    In countries where there is free healthcare, they are in fact hurting others.....all the diseases they have get taken care off for tax payers money............ also, other folks have to wait if these fat fukks are ahead of them in line, talking about both doctor and hospital examinations and operations.......plus the taxes that are being payed so the fats bastards can have all their diseases treated

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

They are disgusting fat slobs with no self control

Why does that matter? They aren't hurting others. You don't have to be attracted to them, but why do people have to be mean to them?

You could argue non-overweight people's healthcare costs are skyrocketing due to them, so they kind of are hurting others. Same with smokers. Overall burden on the healthcare system and the majority don't have genetic factors causing their obesity.

Serious playground baller Type 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    They are big people. Not saying they are lazy but they have to eat more than other people because of their big composition. I would not hire a fat person for an office job because they may need to take more breaks to refuel. It's like driving a gas guzzling vehicle versus an efficient one. A fat person may have a tendency to take longer lunch and longer breaks because there body needs to maintain a certain level of energy. This cuts into production time. If we want to talk about discrimination, what's next? Smokers? Employers won't hire smokers because they think they need a cigarette break every hour.
    What are you talking about? Larger people don't require longer breaks? I have never once heard of an overweight person being compensated with longer breaks so they have time to eat more.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Even if you're predisposed to being overweight you have to make habitually bad decisions regarding diet and activity to maintain 20+ more pounds than is recommended.
    So not true. Never heard of thyroid issues? They are quite common and will generally lead to somebody easily being more than 20 pounds overweight.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~

There are 3 differences:

1. Smokers smoking in the presence of others impacts the health of others around them. People eating near others does not harm others. If smokers are respectful, then there is no issue.

2. Obese people do not think about food 24/7 (technically most smokers don't either), and some don't even have larger diets than non-obese people, while smokers inherently smoke while non-smokers inherently don't. Some may overweight people may think of food 24/7, but generally overweight people are like others in that they think about food at times and other life events the rest of the time. Yes there is correlation between size and how much somebody eats, but really you are talking about over-eaters, not obese people.

3. Smokers can abstain from smoking to move past their issues. Those who only smoke occasionally are not really past their issues. Over-eaters however cannot abstain from food because it is a requirement for life. They can't abstain to get away from their issues, which makes it a constant battle. The closest thing can do is abstain from certain foods.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    In countries where there is free healthcare, they are in fact hurting others.....all the diseases they have get taken care off for tax payers money............ also, other folks have to wait if these fat fukks are ahead of them in line, talking about both doctor and hospital examinations and operations.......plus the taxes that are being payed so the fats bastards can have all their diseases treated
    What about those who have eaten healthy but generally have health or weight issues that are out of their control?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    They are disgusting fat slobs with no self control
    Horrible stereotype.

So not true. Never heard of thyroid issues? They are quite common and will generally lead to somebody easily being more than 20 pounds overweight.
    Completely true. Don't bring up some bullshit affecting less than 1% of the population as a rebuttal.

Try to be smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Completely true. Don't bring up some bullshit affecting less than 1% of the population as a rebuttal.

Try to be smarter.
    You're one to talk. As many as 10% of the female population has thyroid deficiency issues, and that is just one health issue that influences weight gain. That is a massive percentage of the people who are overweight too.

http://www.endocrineweb.com/conditio...hyroid-hormone

But please, provide your source that says people who are predisposed to being overweight have to make habitually bad decisions regarding diet and activity to maintain 20+ more pounds than is recommended.
    Last edited by Type 2; 05-20-2015 at 03:52 PM.