Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: trade luol deng thread

He's gonna have to play well before anybody is willing to give anything up for him. Otherwise the Lakers will have to really lose a trade. I'd wait for the next CBA if he doesn't start playing better. Maybe there will be another one time amnesty.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Anyone would be an upgrade over Deng right now. I could think of several d-league players that could contribute more to our team than Deng.

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    Anyone would be an upgrade over Deng right now. I could think of several d-league players that could contribute more to our team than Deng.
    Don't get me wrong bec I am really hoping that Mitch has put a buy out clause for his contract but actually he has improved on his last 5 games or so.
    Averaging 10pts at 8 shots, 54% from the 3pt line, 50%FG.
    I was there at Staples when he did a great job defending Carmelo Anthony.
    And yes, I would trade him for 2 future 2nd rounders not bec he is garbage right now but I just don't see him contributing in his 3rd and esp his 4th year.

We have to count for the fact that this is still very much a young season, and what Luol Deng's role is on the team.

Was he brought here to be a starter? You could say yes. Was he brought here to provide support to the young guys, Ingram in particular? I would think so.

All of what he is doing for the team is under the umbrella of what we expect from him. So far from what I have seen, Ingram has been improving slowly, at a rate which is good for him for a safe transition, but not a part of our demand to have a team that competes for the championship.

I would safely say that Luol is performing the tasks of which were expected of him when he signed. We knew he wasn't going to be a superstar. We did slightly overpay (Slightly as in, everyone nowadays is getting so much money), but there is no reason to trade just because he makes us feel bad watching how he tries to fit in, in his first season, on a young, rebuilding team, with a brand new coach...etc.

Here is to a bright future with the lakers. We should thank Luol accordingly for agreeing to waste his last years on a rebuilding team to serve as a mentor for Ingram, who I really have high hopes for.

NBA lottery pick

He took the most money offered to him. Plain and simple. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. The Heat wanted him back but offered him less. I just read an article that the Wizards wanted him but offered him less and are now happy about that. I'm more surprised to see a lakerfreak post lol

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

The Lakers also have a salary minimum that they have to maintain per CBA rules... So, they did take on salary to ensure the league min. With so many young players, the Lakers dont have an expensive roster as compared to the past....

So they paid a lot for Deng and Mozgov, but it gets them to the levels they need to be.

Please rescind this thread. I was really down on Deng, and then all of a sudden he turned back into that player he was at Duke- ultimate glue guy. High basketball IQ.

Default Bash Bros

I just saw a story calling Tarik Black and Thomas Robinson the bash brothers. Pretty good name. Those guys are really good at leading by example, going all out at all times. We saw the effect it had on Ingram with that nasty dunk against the Raptors. Its only a matter of time before our whole team starts playing as hard as the bash bros, or else they are gonna sit.

Default Re: Bash Bros

I almost wanna see what those guys could do as starters. There would be some good possibilities there. Maybe move Randle over to the three or Ingram, or maybe even Nance JR when he comes back.

Mozgov came off the bench in Cleveland. I don't see any reason why Tarik Black wouldn't put up better numbers than Tristan Thompson if given starter minutes.

Default ☆Vote for Randle

Julius Randle with the second triple double of the season should be voted in to this year's all-star game. I encourage everyone on here to go vote for Randle .....

https://vote.nba.com/index.html?iref...d=asv17_nbadrd

Sorry, but these are the exact kinds of posts that keep me from spending more time here. I am not the only one.

Up your game!

Home of the 16

I have deleted, merged, etc. kkinchen's post so many times in the past two years, & I have messaged him (pre-pm disable) about it with the addition of suggestions for him, but I received no response.

I'm trying.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    I have deleted, merged, etc. kkinchen's post so many times in the past two years, & I have messaged him (pre-pm disable) about it with the addition of suggestions for him, but I received no response.

I'm trying.
    I appreciate it. I know what it is like to be a mod, and I am glad I don't do it anymore... anywhere...lol

Default Re: Coach Kinchen to Coach Walton

Like I said, Clarkson is cold. I want to see him out there starting for the rest of the season. He can do what he did agains the 76ers most nights if given starter minutes.

I would like to see this rotation for the rest of the season....

Russell/Clarkson/Ingram/Randle/Zubac
    Ennis/Nwaba/Brewer/Nance Jr/Black

Lets get it. Ennis would really thrive having those athletic guys he can throw lobs to, and Russ and Clarkson need to really establish themselves as the Swag Brothers. If Black doesn't handle his business I would mind seeing T Rob get some shine. Maybe Swaggy P could get some minutes at the 3 position.

Default Re: Coach Kinchen to Coach Walton

I am actually giving away Luke's signed framed photograph memorabilia to a co-worker before I before I burn it in disgust.
    I was in the Lakers/Sixers game and it seems like he's mailing it in too.,
    3 breakaway run outs/layups in a span of 8 minutes and no reaction from him.
    No offensive sets to get easy points coming from time outs. A lot of standing around, basic screen from a big to a PG, and that's about it.
    I wonder now if Luke really has the ability to get into the young players head, esp Russell bec he's the same player who don't hustle, when was the last time you saw him dove for a loose ball? For most of his first half games he has 1 or even zero fouls, not saying he picks up a stupid foul but he's not even trying, at times his counterpart blows by him, and he's like "oh well, lets move on"...