Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bulls possibly moving Luol Deng

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    He may be annoying, but he's not really wrong.

Easy to say when Rose got injured and the Bulls didn't even get a chance they could beat the Heat in a series a 2nd time around.

The Celtics took the Heat to 7 games, guess what? A healthy Bulls squad is much better than the aged Celtics, and I respect the hell out of that team.

Do you have anything to mention about Deng and a trade or just trying to derail things?

And no, he's wrong all the time. He is a troll who brings down this board on a daily basis.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Im a huge Luol fan too but we have to look to make moves since the ACL tear heard round the world completely changes the future of the Bulls.

We are no longer title contenders next season IMO. With Rose/Deng/Noah/Boozer taking up virtually all the cap space, one of them has to be moved now or the Bulls will stand pat and will have no flexibility going forward. The Bulls have no flexibility right now, and thats why they are going to lose some combo of Cj Watson, Brewer, and Korver THIS SUMMER, and possibly Asik if another teams wildly overpays the young center.

Rose and Noah are keepers. No one will trade for Boozers ridiculous crippling contract. That leaves Deng. Id love to keep him but his value after an all-star season is as high as it will be, probably for the rest of his career.

Tough times for the Bulls org, gotta make some tough moves that will hurt the heart but will improve the team for the future. Deng is a really good 2way player, but he is not irreplaceable.
    I could also see Evans turn into the star alot of us thought he would be based off his rookie year in a winning situation playing with Rose and Noah and playing under Thibs.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    IMO not a bad idea. With Rose's injury there is a chance that they could add a lotto pick to their core next season as well.

In '13 - '14 they could run out

Rose
    Evans
    Barnes
    Len
    Noah

pretty damn young.

Yeah the possibility of an additional lottery pick has been discussed before. The thing is though, the Bulls next season will still have enough talent and a great Coach in Thibodeau, that will make sure they aren't a lottery team.

Warriors should try to jump on this.Im not sure who we would send to the bulls besides the #7 pick but they would have to take either Biedrins or Jeffersons contract to make it work.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Easy to say when Rose got injured and the Bulls didn't even get a chance they could beat the Heat in a series a 2nd time around.

The Celtics took the Heat to 7 games, guess what? A healthy Bulls squad is much better than the aged Celtics, and I respect the hell out of that team.

Do you have anything to mention about Deng and a trade or just trying to derail things?

And no, he's wrong all the time. He is a troll who brings down this board on a daily basis.
    Did you forget the part where Miami was missing Bosh for the Pacers and majority of the Boston series? The same Bosh that absolutely sh1t on the Bulls last season? Its not like D-Rose improved either. What were the odds of him going off on Lebron? Not good.

Ive discussed the problem of Tyreke's shooting with some friends. Its a tough situation. On the other hand, he can create and play spot minutes at the 1 through the 3. His playmaking ability is a much needed skill on this Bulls team who completely lacks playmakers. The 5th pick would need to be Barnes, Beal, or Lamb. T-Robinson looks like a beast and will be gone by 5.
    To me I think he's a small forward, he played there in high school ALOT. And then Cal had him run the point because as he's shown, he's a pretty solid passer. Not great, but can set guys up at times. I agree we need playmakers and guys who can get their own shots, but I really don't like the idea of him here.

I think he can work, because Rose obviously isn't going to be a 7 out of 10 times driver anymore. He's finally going to have to use his nice midrange game more(it's sad that he does have to rely on it more now but good in that it will help his development) and that might help Tyreke, but I don't know if he can be that good working that way. Maybe he can and maybe that backcourt?!?!!? can work. Who knows?

Although in a way I do like the trade because if he doesn't fit well you can trade him at the deadline because with Rose out, that leaves him open to play really any 1-3 position and find his fit. Maybe some other team takes a gamble on him. And if he fits you just give him a nice extension in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Well, did they?

They didn't even play these playoffs because of injuries, so i have no idea what you are asking....

And you are a Lebron troll so of course you would come in here like a bitch

Yeah but I hope you understand that we can't count on him being the D-Rose we are accustomed to. After he is "healthy" enough to play again, it will take more months to trust his knee and body, and also to get back to game speed, shooting touch, etc.

Next year the Bulls will not win a title. We have to understand this and make moves accordingly.
    not really, you dont know how well he will recover, i never believed it would take him more than 10 months to recover from that injury. hes a normal sized human being hes not a basketball freak that heals oddly like greg oden.

a bulls team with a 80 percent rose could still win the title, his presence just needs to be on the court

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    They may need an Evans like player to take the pressure off Rose, who may lack his full explosive driving ability for a couple of seasons.

I doubt the Kings give up a 5th pick and Evans for Deng though. Seems too much, Evans still has a little star potential.

I tend to agree that it seems to be a little too much for Deng, but depending on if the Bobcats future first that looks pretty good still is included, it might not be too much.

From what Ive gathered from Sac news and fans, the organization has really cooled on Reke.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I could also see Evans turn into the star alot of us thought he would be based off his rookie year in a winning situation playing with Rose and Noah and playing under Thibs.
    Thats what I think would happen too. Get him w/ a more stable franchise w/ a great coach and great teammates.... then you can reach your true potential.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Did you forget the part where Miami was missing Bosh for the Pacers and majority of the Boston series? The same Bosh that absolutely sh1t on the Bulls last season? Its not like D-Rose improved either. What were the odds of him going off on Lebron? Not good.

Do you have any ideas on a Deng trade or just trolling?

The thread title wasn't anything to do w/ the Miami Heat. Acting like a douche as normal. You have to post on ISH's where there is little to no moderating because you can't stop yourself from trolling and making daily threads to make yourself feel important. Whatever, go get ****ed.

I like it. Id miss Deng, but evans can definatly create his own shot. And he can run a little PG. I didnt know he was 6'6 though.

How well does Evans play defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Warriors should try to jump on this.Im not sure who we would send to the bulls besides the #7 pick but they would have to take either Biedrins or Jeffersons contract to make it work.

A lot of Warriors Bulls trade talk on RealGM(a website I go to more than ISH now because of moderating). Bulls like the 7th pick but to take on one of those other contracts really doesn't benefit the Bulls enough to pull the trigger.

I know the Warriors would love to get their hands on Deng to pair w/ Bogut, Lee, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson.

Just doesn't do enough for the Bulls unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    not really, you dont know how well he will recover, i never believed it would take him more than 10 months to recover from that injury. hes a normal sized human being hes not a basketball freak that heals oddly like greg oden.

a bulls team with a 80 percent rose could still win the title, his presence just needs to be on the court
    They couldnt beat miami with Rose being 100%. And if what you say is true, an d Rose is only 80% healed, why would you want to risk that? Lets allow him to be 100% ready and healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    To me I think he's a small forward, he played there in high school ALOT. And then Cal had him run the point because as he's shown, he's a pretty solid passer. Not great, but can set guys up at times. I agree we need playmakers and guys who can get their own shots, but I really don't like the idea of him here.

I think he can work, because Rose obviously isn't going to be a 7 out of 10 times driver anymore. He's finally going to have to use his nice midrange game more(it's sad that he does have to rely on it more now but good in that it will help his development) and that might help Tyreke, but I don't know if he can be that good working that way. Maybe he can and maybe that backcourt?!?!!? can work. Who knows?

Although in a way I do like the trade because if he doesn't fit well you can trade him at the deadline because with Rose out, that leaves him open to play really any 1-3 position and find his fit. Maybe some other team takes a gamble on him. And if he fits you just give him a nice extension in the offseason.

Good post