Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Bulls possibly moving Luol Deng

There have been many mentions in the Chicago Tribune, Daily Herald(Chicago's Suburban paper), Suntimes, and many other online websites that the Bulls are open to possibly trading Luol Deng for a lottery pick/s and a young player.

The hot topic amongst all trade rumors is Luol Deng/ Bulls 31st and/or Bobcats future 1st for Sac's #5 and Tyreke Evans.

For me personally, that is a no brainer for the Bulls. On the other hand I know many Bulls fans that wouldn't do the trade because Luol Deng has proven himself much more than Tyreke Evans, who has regressed in the last year or 2 w/ out a true position to play. The #5 pick is nice, but no one knows for sure that it will pan out to be a future all-star or anything of the sorts.

The thinking on this trade is the Bulls get a little cap room and 2 young potential loaded players to add to the core of Rose/Noah/Gibson/Asik for the future w/ Boozer still being around at least next season.

The Kings get a 27 year old fringe all-star two way player that helps change the culture in Sacramento, is a positive presence in the locker room to the young players. The Kings also have made it known that a contract extension for Tyreke isn't likely and they made let him walk in FA when he becomes an RFA. The Kings already like some other young players in the core in D-Cuz, Thomas, Thornton, Hickson, Thompson. Deng would be a welcomed addition and is relatively young still and has a larger contract but only 2 seasons left on it.

Thoughts on if the Bulls should trade Deng and for what type of package???

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Bulls possibly moving Luol Deng

The Bulls are re-building becuase their front office knows they can't beat the Heat.
    Last edited by SilkkTheShocker; 06-18-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    The Bulls are re-building becuase their front offic knows they can't beat the Heat.

Says the guy who makes a 1000 retarded threads and who's opinion no one respects....

Next.

3-time NBA All-Star

I read about this earlier and thought WTF, but if its for Tyreke and the pick, then I don't know. Probably wouldn't do it just cause I'm a Deng fan, but I'm not a GM and I could see why they would.

trade loul while his value is up. i think it also has to do with a disagreement between him wanting to play in the olympics or getting surgery on his hand to be ready for next season.

I'm all for the new rebuild, with a youth movement given the current state of the team/it's future. But trading Deng for Tyreke+5 is not a good trade. Tyreke can't shoot for shit. And the ONLY lottery pick guy they've interviewed is Barnes. So I really really really don't like this idea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I read about this earlier and thought WTF, but if its for Tyreke and the pick, then I don't know. Probably wouldn't do it just cause I'm a Deng fan, but I could see why they would.

Im a huge Luol fan too but we have to look to make moves since the ACL tear heard round the world completely changes the future of the Bulls.

We are no longer title contenders next season IMO. With Rose/Deng/Noah/Boozer taking up virtually all the cap space, one of them has to be moved now or the Bulls will stand pat and will have no flexibility going forward. The Bulls have no flexibility right now, and thats why they are going to lose some combo of Cj Watson, Brewer, and Korver THIS SUMMER, and possibly Asik if another teams wildly overpays the young center.

Rose and Noah are keepers. No one will trade for Boozers ridiculous crippling contract. That leaves Deng. Id love to keep him but his value after an all-star season is as high as it will be, probably for the rest of his career.

Tough times for the Bulls org, gotta make some tough moves that will hurt the heart but will improve the team for the future. Deng is a really good 2way player, but he is not irreplaceable.

Good High School Starter jalbert009's Avatar

Bulls Send Hamilton, Deng & Pick 29
    They Get Evans, Ridnour & Pick 5

Kings Send Evans & Pick 5
    They Get Deng & Pick 18

Wolves Send Ridnour & Pick 18
    They Get Hamilton & Pick 29

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I'm all for the new rebuild, with a youth movement given the current state of the team/it's future. But trading Deng for Tyreke+5 is not a good trade. Tyreke can't shoot for shit. And the ONLY lottery pick guy they've interviewed is Barnes. So I really really really don't like this idea at all.

Ive discussed the problem of Tyreke's shooting with some friends. Its a tough situation. On the other hand, he can create and play spot minutes at the 1 through the 3. His playmaking ability is a much needed skill on this Bulls team who completely lacks playmakers. The 5th pick would need to be Barnes, Beal, or Lamb. T-Robinson looks like a beast and will be gone by 5.

rose should be back by mid season next year btw.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Says the guy who makes a 1000 retarded threads and who's opinion no one respects....

Next.
    He may be annoying, but he's not really wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    rose should be back by mid season next year btw.

Yeah but I hope you understand that we can't count on him being the D-Rose we are accustomed to. After he is "healthy" enough to play again, it will take more months to trust his knee and body, and also to get back to game speed, shooting touch, etc.

Next year the Bulls will not win a title. We have to understand this and make moves accordingly.

IMO not a bad idea. With Rose's injury there is a chance that they could add a lotto pick to their core next season as well.

In '13 - '14 they could run out

Rose
    Evans
    Barnes
    Len
    Noah

pretty damn young.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9

Next.
    Well, did they?

They may need an Evans like player to take the pressure off Rose, who may lack his full explosive driving ability for a couple of seasons.

I doubt the Kings give up a 5th pick and Evans for Deng though. Seems too much, Evans still has a little star potential.