Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Quote Originally Posted by LutherHeadJob
    @ all the Yao haters, Yao is a ching get over it, i know most of you Americans are racists but this is hilarious. This thread isn't even about Yao.

Amare > Dwight
    No one hates Yao. I actually love watching him play. Its just that the op is such a agenda driven fan boy that people get annoyed and some anti-yao comments might be said.

Serious playground baller WildStyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    1. Dwight has never averaged 3 blocks a game and actually him and Amare both averaged 2.1 bpg this year.
    Dwight's block numbers are decieving. The intimidation of a long armed 6'11 jumping jack stops guys from going at him. And when they do they will often throw up ugly rainbow floaters that have no chance of going in. One has to only look at the first round series against the Raptors to see Dwight's shot blocking ability. They went at him and he sent them back every time.

Quote Originally Posted by WildStyle
    Dwight's block numbers are decieving. The intimidation of a long armed 6'11 jumping jack stops guys from going at him. And when they do they will often throw up ugly rainbow floaters that have no chance of going in. One has to only look at the first round series against the Raptors to see Dwight's shot blocking ability. They went at him and he sent them back every time.
    Oh yes great example considering the Raptors are one of the softest/unaggressive teams in the league.

NBA lottery pick

Oh yes great example considering the Raptors are one of the softest/unaggressive teams in the league.

"Great Example"

South Africa 2010

Howard is way better than Amare just for the simple reason that he can work down in the low block unlike Amare who takes jumpshots and when he's in the paint he's just fininishg off of Nash. Just for the record: Yao is better than Howard and Amare.

Quote Originally Posted by U got Served
    Howard is way better than Amare just for the simple reason that he can work down in the low block unlike Amare who takes jumpshots and when he's in the paint he's just fininishg off of Nash. Just for the record: Yao is better than Howard and Amare.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=KX-6K0E4oi8
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=GYWYwPfJi20
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=KjUD-zfk-LE
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZnSwnnDRlzw
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=cHYckm1bn5g&feature=related
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=quo8CTGkX4Q

Not to mention what he did b4 Nash got to Phx.

Keep on posting uneducated garbage.

hahaha statman32 torched knickballer and U got Served.

Serious playground baller WildStyle's Avatar

What's that got to do with anything? The point is they went at him and WERE aggressive in that series and he sent them back time and time again. This happens to ANY team when they take it to him.

Default Amare > D.Howard

Clear as day..... Stats don't lie. Amare has him beat in every catagory except for boards.... Thats because Amare has been playing with 1 of the best rebounder's in the game (Marion) Amare will step up his board game this year. And as far as Howard being a better defender how so? He is a better rebounder but defender? I see him giving up just as many points against opponents. Amare overall is a better player if you can't see that then you're insane. lol just try to dispute these numbers.

Amare

25.2 pts
    9.1 rebs
    2.1 blks
    1.5 asts
    2.2 tos
    59% fg
    80% ft

D.Howard

20.7 pts
    14.2 rebs
    2.1 blks
    1.3 asts
    3.2 tos
    59% fg
    59% ft

Banned

Default Re: Amare > D.Howard

Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLE DRIBBLE
    Clear as day..... Stats don't lie. Amare has him beat in every catagory except for boards.... Thats because Amare has been playing with 1 of the best rebounder's in the game (Marion) Amare will step up his board game this year. And as far as Howard being a better defender how so? He is a better rebounder but defender? I see him giving up just as many points against opponents. Amare overall is a better player if you can't see that then you're insane. lol just try to dispute these numbers.

Amare

25.2 pts
    9.1 rebs
    2.1 blks
    1.5 asts
    2.2 tos
    59% fg
    80% ft

D.Howard

20.7 pts
    14.2 rebs
    2.1 blks
    1.3 asts
    3.2 tos
    59% fg
    59% ft
    actually if you look closer at the blocks, Dwight has more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by U got Served
    i cant believe someone accused folks of being racist against Yao, lol however, HE IS CHINESE which means he is still WEAK in upperbody strength and in movement, yao has no power in his game, he is all finesse, yes he avg.ed 25 ppg once, but ,how is a guy who is 7'6 barely averaging 10 rpg, and lil dwight howard at barely 6'11 (ive met the guy) leading the league at 14.5 rpg with 21.1 ppg. also, Howard is 22 NOW, when yao was 22 as a rookie, he only avged 13 ppg 6 rpg. ROOKIE dwight howard is a better center than yao, how many and-1's has yao made in his career? 3? an and 1 play really shows a players strength to finish dispite being fouled, of course, and amare stoudamire is leading the league in those every season, i believe he was only second to lebron james

amare stoudamire was the rightful rookie of the year in the supposed 'yao' draft and he has been better than yao in every season since, yao has never even averaged 2.1 blocks per game, he has never even averaged 10.9 rebounds, the only reason yao gets his 20+ points is because he shoots 85% Free Throws, which is the best out of all centers, but thats all he's good for

no seriously tho, can u even use the word DOMINATE and yao in the same sentence? has he ever been shown to DOMINATE a game? has he ever has a 20 pts 20 rbs game? this is the biggest, tallest guy in the league and all he does it shoot fadeaway turnaround jumpshots and baseline jumpers, even his dunking is weak

amare>>>>yao
    dwight>>>>yao

but in reference to dwight vs amare, which is a worthy discussion, i would have to say amare stoudamire is a better all around player. better shooter, FT getter, shooter, slasher, even his back-to-the-basket is a lil more creative than young dwight, but amare will probably never be the great rebounding center dwight is, dwight is a great-great center, amare is a great power forward, certainly not the best, i lost alot of belief in amare after the 08 playoffs, however

amare (just slightly) > dwight

Local High School Star

sometimes i wonder if people who make those kinda comments about amare ever watch him play, dude can get what ever he want on offense
    amare>>>>>>>>>dwight

Default Re: Amare > D.Howard

Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLE DRIBBLE
    Amare will step up his board game this year.
    I'm not sure about that, because his role is often to get out on the break while Shaq cleans up the board and throws the outlet. The simple fact that he's told to run out on the break (because he's the team's best finisher) means he's not going to stay around for the defensive rebounds.

So because of that, I don't think his rebound numbers will go up that much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doinitbig06
    i cant believe someone accused folks of being racist against Yao, lol however, HE IS CHINESE which means he is still WEAK in upperbody strength and in movement, yao has no power in his game, he is all finesse, yes he avg.ed 25 ppg once, but ,how is a guy who is 7'6 barely averaging 10 rpg, and lil dwight howard at barely 6'11 (ive met the guy) leading the league at 14.5 rpg with 21.1 ppg. also, Howard is 22 NOW, when yao was 22 as a rookie, he only avged 13 ppg 6 rpg. ROOKIE dwight howard is a better center than yao, how many and-1's has yao made in his career? 3? an and 1 play really shows a players strength to finish dispite being fouled, of course, and amare stoudamire is leading the league in those every season, i believe he was only second to lebron james

amare stoudamire was the rightful rookie of the year in the supposed 'yao' draft and he has been better than yao in every season since, yao has never even averaged 2.1 blocks per game, he has never even averaged 10.9 rebounds, the only reason yao gets his 20+ points is because he shoots 85% Free Throws, which is the best out of all centers, but thats all he's good for

no seriously tho, can u even use the word DOMINATE and yao in the same sentence? has he ever been shown to DOMINATE a game? has he ever has a 20 pts 20 rbs game? this is the biggest, tallest guy in the league and all he does it shoot fadeaway turnaround jumpshots and baseline jumpers, even his dunking is weak

amare>>>>yao
    dwight>>>>yao

but in reference to dwight vs amare, which is a worthy discussion, i would have to say amare stoudamire is a better all around player. better shooter, FT getter, shooter, slasher, even his back-to-the-basket is a lil more creative than young dwight, but amare will probably never be the great rebounding center dwight is, dwight is a great-great center, amare is a great power forward, certainly not the best, i lost alot of belief in amare after the 08 playoffs, however

amare (just slightly) > dwight
    Nice opinions there buddy, but we are looking for hard facts, and you are wrong about Yao and this is not about Yao dink.

Quote Originally Posted by WildStyle
    What's that got to do with anything? The point is they went at him and WERE aggressive in that series and he sent them back time and time again. This happens to ANY team when they take it to him.
    I guess thats why he averages 2.1 bpg then.

**** if Toronto was playing overly aggressive they dont have the guys to play that way. They shoot the least amount of free throws a game in the league.

This doesnt happen to any team that takes it to him FYI. Plenty of teams have went at him and either got him in foul trouble or got to the line a lot.