Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan

Can we pause a minute to recognize these two great players still putting up great numbers after all these years in the NBA.
    Just think about the wear and tear both have on them right now.
    Both have won multiple titles and have played deep in to the playoffs numerous amounts of times.

I think fans who are just getting in to the NBA need to have more respect for these two.

Kobe is hated for BS LeBron and Jordan reasons...and Duncan is an after thought to most of you.

Here are their current stats right now.

Kobe 2012-13 Stats

PPG 27.2
    RPG 5.40
    APG 5.6
    EFF + 24.27

Duncan 2012-13 Stats

PPG 16.8
    RPG 9.70
    APG 2.6
    EFF + 22.86

Two legends in the game still playing right now.

Banned

Default Re: Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan

to be fair. kobes the only one of the 2 still putting up great/elite numbers

duncans putting up solid numbers. good for any center in the nba atm. but that isnt saying much

Sometimes people spend so much time hating on a particular player that they never met(Kobe, LeBron), they are missing how great they really are. It's pointless. Yeah, definitely appreciate the legends while they're still here. But if you're a true fan of basketball, you can't really hate on those guys.

Great thread.

The haters should stop and think about all of those HOF's that have come and gone during these two legends' respective tenures in the NBA. It's astonishing that they are still able to play at an elite level after so many years and several deep playoff runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    Sometimes people spend so much time hating on a particular player that they never met(Kobe, LeBron), they are missing how great they really are. It's pointless. Yeah, definitely appreciate the legends while they're still here. But if you're a true fan of basketball, you can't really hate on those guys.
    Exactly. I'm a Spurs fan but I can appreciate other teams and other players. For example, I love Memphis, Clippers, Pacers and Knicks. You don't have to be a blind homer all the time. I've learned to appreciate Kobe as the years pass. His competitive drive is unbelievable and even though he's known as being selfish on the court, he's all about winning.

Not to mention: Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Andre Miller

- IMHO Tim Duncan is the greatest Leader in sports....( that I have actually seen ....since early 80's)

- I watched the Magic's, Bird's, Jordan's...heck even the Montana's ,Elway's, Jeter's etc...

- He is stoic, Humble and most importantly....he Wins/Dominate's with his mind more so then his Body.( sure he is gifted athlete but he is more cerebral minded and uses the little aspects to dominate more then just the physical)

- I always thought Duncan was a guy you would want in the Foxhole...him and Pop make a perfect match.....no wonder the Spurs have Dominated and won so much.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    - IMHO Tim Duncan is the greatest Leader in sports....( that I have actually seen ....since early 80's)

- I watched the Magic's, Bird's, Jordan's...heck even the Montana's ,Elway's, Jeter's etc...

- He is stoic, Humble and most importantly....he Wins/Dominate's with his mind more so then his Body.( sure he is gifted athlete but he is more cerebral minded and uses the little aspects to dominate more then just the physical)

- I always thought Duncan was a guy you would want in the Foxhole...him and Pop make a perfect match.....no wonder the Spurs have Dominated and won so much.

Tim Duncan is one of my favorite players ever and it's a treat to see him still playing.

Well we get a 100 Kobe threads a day so I'm tired of being reminded of it, but for Duncan...

I don't hate Kobe, and I really respect him, but I hate his fans.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Tim is and always was a far superior player than Kobe yet sadly still to this day never gets any recognition. Heck, Tim's team has the tied best record in the NBA while the loaded Lakers might not even make the playoffs.

Hate aside. Kobe and Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    Well we get a 100 Kobe threads a day so I'm tired of being reminded of it, but for Duncan...

This.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5

For the most part I am indifferent to Kobe but if I don't show overtly fan boyism I am hater.

It's like I have to love him and if I don't then I am an insecure Jordan or LeBron fan.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    to be fair. kobes the only one of the 2 still putting up great/elite numbers

duncans putting up solid numbers. good for any center in the nba atm. but that isnt saying much
    Timmy is putting up 20-11 with 3 blks per 36 man he just doesn't play a ton of minutes like Kobe.

timmy>kobe even now. Defense counts in basketball