Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default How high will Curry finish on the GOAT list?

I think Curry can finish as a top 3 GOAT. Win MVP, FMVP, NBA title, and beat the Bulls record this season.

After this season there are 2 scenarios either Durant joins the Dubs or Warriors stand pat. If KD joins they would have to dump Bogut, Iggy, and Jason Thompson(only $2,877,032 guaranteed). I could see the Lakers hiring Luke Walton then accepting Bogut, Iggy, J. Thompson, and the dubs 2016 1st round pick in a straight salary dump. The dubs can then sign KD for the max and sign Pau Gasol for the MLE. They can use bird rights to re-sign Barnes and Ezeli. They can re-sign Barbosa for the vet minimum. Edit. Barnes cap hold is higher than I thought so they would have to renounce him and keep Brandon Rush instead.

Curry/Livingston
    Klay/Barbosa
    Durant/Rush
    Draygod/Looney
    Gasol/Ezeli

That squad easily wins 5 titles minimum barring injury. So Curry ends up with at least 3 more MVPs, 3 FMVPs(let's say KD wins 2), and 5 more titles.

Curry grand total: 7 NBA titles, 5 NBA MVPs, 4 FMVPs, and beating the Bulls record. That is top 3 GOAT status with an argument for GOAT.

If the Warriors stand pat then Iggy and Bogut's ages are a concern. Both will be 32 next season and have one year left on their contracts. I still think the Dubs would 3 peat but after that who knows?

Curry grand total: 3 NBA titles, 3 NBA MVPs, 2 FMVPs, and beating the Bulls record. I would put him above Bird, Kobe, Bran, and Hakeem. Top 7 GOAT.
    Last edited by Ca$H; 02-06-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Back to Business

Default Re: How high will Curry finish on the GOAT list?

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    I think Curry can finish as a top 3 GOAT. Win MVP, FMVP, NBA title, and beat the Bulls record this season.

After this season there are 2 scenarios either Durant joins the Dubs or Warriors stand pat. If KD joins they would have to dump Bogut, Iggy, and Jason Thompson(only $2,877,032 guaranteed). I could see the Lakers hiring Luke Walton then accepting Bogut, Iggy, J. Thompson, and the dubs 2016 1st round pick in a straight salary dump. The dubs can then sign KD for the max and sign Pau Gasol for the MLE. They can use bird rights to re-sign Barnes and Ezeli. They can re-sign Barbosa for the vet minimum.

Curry/Livingston
    Klay/Barbosa
    Durant/Barnes
    Draygod/Looney
    Gasol/Ezeli

That squad easily wins 5 titles minimum barring injury. So Curry ends up with at least 3 more MVPs, 3 FMVPs(let's say KD wins 2), and 5 more titles.

Curry grand total: 7 NBA titles, 5 NBA MVPs, 4 FMVPs, and beating the Bulls record. That is top 3 GOAT status with an argument for GOAT.

If the Warriors stand pat then Iggy and Bogut's ages are a concern. Both will be 32 next season and have one year left on their contracts. I still think the Dubs would 3 peat but after that who knows?

Curry grand total: 3 NBA titles, 3 NBA MVPs, 2 FMVPs, and beating the Bulls record. I would put him above Bird, Kobe, Bran, and Hakeem. Top 7 GOAT.

i hate to say this but i think curry will become underrated the more championships he wins....if he wins 7 titles thats a team achievement so people are gonna be like yea he was good but look at how STACKED his teams were. I think curry will have a better individual legacy at 3 titles,2 fmvps, 3 league mvps and surpassing kobe on the all time scoring list. just my opinion though

I can see him going up to as high as top 12

He is going to be really good for a very long time. If there are no injuries he should be able to do play at s high level for another 10 years with his skill level

Banned

probly between top 15-20

and possibly top 10 passing lebron and hakeem for the last spot

Maximum 15th .

He'll never reach Kareem,Jordan,Wilt,Bill,Hakeem,Duncan,Magic,Bird,M ikan,Shaq,Kobe,West,Lebron,Erving level .

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    i hate to say this but i think curry will become underrated the more championships he wins....if he wins 7 titles thats a team achievement so people are gonna be like yea he was good but look at how STACKED his teams were. I think curry will have a better individual legacy at 3 titles,2 fmvps, 3 league mvps and surpassing kobe on the all time scoring list. just my opinion though
    The funny thing about the top 10 GOAT list is that Kobe & Shaq and Magic & KAJ played with each other. I don't see their rankings suffering because of it. If Curry wins MVP, FMVP, NBA title, and beats the Bulls record this year then he would already have a great resume' before hypothetically KD even joins. Durant's GOAT ranking might come into question though.

Durant grand total: 5 NBA titles, 2 FMVPS, and one NBA MVP. That is very similar to Kobe's resume' except zero titles as the unquestioned #1 option. I would still put him as a Top 15 GOAT.

It all depends on what he does the next 4-5 years. There are levels to greatness. Right now, he's playing at a GOAT level. If he keeps this up, wins a few more rings, MVPs and FMVPs, he can end up in the high rent district.

One big factor in his favor is that he was unique. No one did it quite like him. So his ability to revolutionize the game carries additional weight.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    The funny thing about the top 10 GOAT list is that Kobe & Shaq and Magic & KAJ played with each other. I don't see their rankings suffering because of it. If Curry wins MVP, FMVP, NBA title, and beats the Bulls record this year then he would already have a great resume' before hypothetically KD even joins. Durant's GOAT ranking might come into question though.

Durant grand total: 5 NBA titles, 2 FMVPS, and one NBA MVP. That is very similar to Kobe's resume' except zero titles as the unquestioned #1 option. I would still put him as a Top 15 GOAT.

the funny thing about your argument is this warriors team will go down as the greatest team ever assembled so yes it will affect curry's rating. and i dont know whos top 10 goat you been looking at but kobe is barely top 10 and shaq isnt. I think people forget how weak the center position was when shaq dominated....as far as talented bigs that could score when shaq reached his prime and he still underachieved IMO.only led th eleague in rebounding i think two seasons.....should have been one of the best shot blockers of all time...i can go on but ill stop there. Shaq left alot to be desired if you followed him from lsu all the way to the end of his career in the nba. He had potential to be the greatest center ever. Just my opinion though

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    Maximum 15th .

He'll never reach Kareem,Jordan,Wilt,Bill,Hakeem,Duncan,Magic,Bird,M ikan,Shaq,Kobe,West,Lebron,Erving level .

Like you can see the future huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival

Like you can see the future huh?
    I guessed . Nobody can see future . But i know he won't reach those players . There is no chances for Curry dominate the NBA until 2022 . If he will , I'll say that , i was wrong .

Banned

I'll be interested to see where his career finishes.

There are no one way players in your average top 10 list but his offensive impact is so significant that he could end up with the r

NBA lottery pick

[QUOTE=24-Inch_Chrome]I'll be interested to see where his career finishes.

There are no one way players in your average top 10 list but his offensive impact is so significant that he could end up with the r

[QUOTE=24-Inch_Chrome]I'll be interested to see where his career finishes.

Who knows... If I had to guess top 15-20 but still long ways to go we all have to see how is career plays out next 5+ years.

Banned

Magic > Curry as a defender.

And I've read that Russell was actually a good offensive centre until the league's development essentially left him and his skill set behind, at which point he cut down on his offensive game in terms of shooting to focus on his strengths (he was apparently a good passer/ballhandler). I would consider someone like Ben Wallace to be a true one way player, Russell seems to have been much more than that.