Default Should Taj Gibson be traded?

I'm all for trying to pull a trade at the deadline for some much needed firepower. I just feel Mirotic needs more playing time and Taj needs to be starting somewhere. It works out well for all parties involved. I'm sure teams will be very interested in his services since his stock is pretty damn high, aside from his current ankle injury.

Don't get me wrong, I respect Taj and love watching him play for the Bulls. It's just that he can be somewhere else in a starting role as opposed coming off the bench for the Bulls the next two to three years...and he's already 29 right now. His best years are coming to a close in that window. The Bulls need to put together a package and do something this deadline. This team is good as is, but it could be a whole lot better.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Default Re: Should Taj Gibson be traded?

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    I'm all for trying to pull a trade at the deadline for some much needed firepower. I just feel Mirotic needs more playing time and Taj needs to be starting somewhere. It works out well for all parties involved. I'm sure teams will be very interested in his services since his stock is pretty damn high, aside from his current ankle injury.

Don't get me wrong, I respect Taj and love watching him play for the Bulls. It's just that he can be somewhere else in a starting role as opposed coming off the bench for the Bulls the next two to three years...and he's already 29 right now. His best years are coming to a close in that window. The Bulls need to put together a package and do something this deadline. This team is good as is, but it could be a whole lot better.

Traded just for the sake of trading. No.

But if the right offer comes along, then by all means. Taj isn't untouchable.

The problem I have with these topics, is that a lot of fans will make phantom trade arguments based on trades that either a) only exist in video games or b) are purely speculative based on something a journalist with anonymous sources will put out with little/no integrity or confirmation.

Knows Thibs schemes and has been one of the bulls longest tenured players in the current squad.

Do you trade away a glue player of his quality for a possible Upgrade?

Tough to know, it's whether you believe the current team is good enough to win a championship.

I love tajs energy and hustle, but he could potentially get us a player that pu ts us over the top and releases Mirotic from playing garbage minutes.

I'm on the fence on this one. I'm scared what this might do to the chemistry of our team.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

I think Mirotic is going to be the starting PF when Gasol really slows down. I like the idea of Taj being a 6th man for the Bulls.

When Mirotic and McDermott play up to their full potential I really like the idea of this lineup:

C: Noah
    PF: Mirotic
    SF: McDermott
    SG: Butler
    PG: Rose

6th man: Taj

But Taj isn't untouchable. No one on this Bulls team should be untouchable except for Noah. And even Noah shouldn't be untouchable for the right trade like for something crazy like Kevin Durant or Anthony Davis.

I think he's too valuable this year, unless it's for a really good deal. Particularly since the team is finally really good offensively. It's the inconsistent rebounding/defense (98 allowed 12th overall) that's suspect right now.

100 points a game (15th) with Rose only playing every once in a while, Pau's obviously missed a couple now. Granted in the games without both it's a different story entirely. But you can't game plan for that anyway.

Having Taj as 6th man just works really well while Mirotic is learning the NBA style. Next year though after he's gotten a taste of the playoffs, knows the defense more, how to play with the guys more, and is experienced? Absolutely for the right trade.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

nope taj shows up in play-offs not everyone on the team can say that.