Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    nashisbest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Dallas Should Thank Devean George

Quote Originally Posted by Topdoglakers
    HOW in the world you trade 4 guys from your rotation to an aging 34 years old Pg.......and on top of that diop( xfactor)...Can u imagine Dampier going against a frontline of bynum-gasol(turiaf)- duncan-oberto and (elson) shaq and amare...Cuban should thank george for this.
    i see your point

Serious playground baller Hstone's Avatar

Cant mavs just replace George with Eddie Jones as hes a expier for around the same place

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    There isn't a chance in hell the Mavs re-sign George, but he's awesome for doing this anyway. Baseball players hold up deals all the time to make the new team give them a new contract. Only reason to be mad at George is if you're a Mavs fan, and even then, he's just exercising his rights.
    yep

George's Larry Bird rights are worthless now.

Does Devean really expect the Mavs to resign him this offseason or "sign and trade" him after this debacle? That will never happen now. Therefore, his Bird rights mean nothing. So, in essence, he is going to give up rights that he will never be able to use anyway. And he's simply pissing off an entire city and making himself look silly.

He should just accept the trade and try to get some more compensation out of the deal, and/or ask the Nets to buy him out so he can get a second contract and benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdoglakers
    HOW in the world you trade 4 guys from your rotation to an aging 34 years old Pg.......and on top of that diop( xfactor)...Can u imagine Dampier going against a frontline of bynum-gasol(turiaf)- duncan-oberto and (elson) shaq and amare...Cuban should thank george for this.

4 Rotation players? Who?

George sucks and is easily replace by Hassel, Jones, Wright, etc.

Stackhouse would be back with the team in 30 days

Diop is severly overrated, and critics have been blasting the Dallas front line for years even with Diop. If he were that important he would play more than 17 minutes a night. IMO Brandon Bass is a better player, and I much rather have him as a Nets fan.

Harris is the most important player that is going to be lost, and he is what? The 4th or 5th most important component of this team after Dirk, Howard, Terry and maybe Dampier?

Basically you give up your 4th or 5th most important player for the Nets most important player, and who will be the new leader of the Mavs. Not a bad deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    4 Rotation players? Who?

George sucks and is easily replace by Hassel, Jones, Wright, etc.

Stackhouse would be back with the team in 30 days

Diop is severly overrated, and critics have been blasting the Dallas front line for years even with Diop. If he were that important he would play more than 17 minutes a night. IMO Brandon Bass is a better player, and I much rather have him as a Nets fan.

Harris is the most important player that is going to be lost, and he is what? The 4th or 5th most important component of this team after Dirk, Howard, Terry and maybe Dampier?

Basically you give up your 4th or 5th most important player for the Nets most important player, and who will be the new leader of the Mavs. Not a bad deal.
    I think that's why its a good trade for both teams. If Nets ain't winning now, why not get point guard of the future who has ever more upside.

Mavs get Kidd, and keep top four players (Dirk, Terry, Howard, Damp) on the team.

Win, win.....although in 2 years Mavs might regret it if Harris gets better.....

deavan george is hilarious. who does he think he is? worrying about how much $ he's getting next year when it's obvious he'll be lucky to be in the league.

HELLO!?!?! McFLY!?!!? UR FRIGGEN DEAVAN GEORGE!!!

I think George is getting advice from Carlos Boozer.

Default Re: Devean George: "I'll be the bad guy"

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    What makes you all think I like him so much anyways? I prefer him to Stackhouse, Hassell, and Jones, but would I really say I like him? Not really. It's just obviously in his best interest to get the most money he can. Nobody may think he's worth 5.3mil obviously next yr, but there's a chance he can get a deal up to that large to facilitate some sort of move. And FWIW, he shot 25% Stackhouse shot 31% Dirk shot 38%

Given the chance, I'd replace him with Terrence Kinsey in a New York minute and/or bring Reyshawn Terry back over.
    why do I think this? What, are you like George and think people will forget things you recently said?

He has a point....

And we should pay him more
    link

You said he should be paid more than he is already getting! I have no idea why b/c the Mavs OVERPAID him this summer in the first place.

link

There was NVER any chance he could have gotten a bigger deal. NEVER. Plus, HE DID NOT SHOOT 25%, he shot and even worse 20% in the playoffs. He was getting wide open jumpers and he shot 20%. Yet this clown thinks he is worth something more? This is AFTER HE DEMANDED A TRADE IF HE WAS NOT IN THE TEAMS PLANS.

DGs playoff stats

How in the hell do you not get this? THEY GAVE HIM HIS WISH. Also for his agent to say they were told "Right before the game" is FALSE. George himself said last night he knew about it by at least 11am Dallas time. The game was not till 7pm. Yet his agent wasn't able to make any sense of it by then EVEN THOUGH HIS CLIENT HAD ALREADY ASKED FOR A TRADE?

I don't blame Devean honestly. If you see players like Kidd unhappy for the Nets, and Carter and Jefferson don't look too happy rightnow, why would you want to be traded to the Nets who are obviously giong to try to rebuild after this year when you're playing for a top West team rightnow?

Saw a basketball once

I hope everyone in the Mav's locker room goes outta their way to let him know that he is Devean George, a 10th man, and he cost the team a chance to get one of the best PGs ever. How does he get a no trade claus anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I don't blame Devean honestly. If you see players like Kidd unhappy for the Nets, and Carter and Jefferson don't look too happy rightnow, why would you want to be traded to the Nets who are obviously giong to try to rebuild after this year when you're playing for a top West team rightnow?
    HE already demanded to be traded this year b/c he felt he wasn't getting enough PT to showcase himself for a new contract next year. He does not care about winning. You can't ask to be traded and then complain when it happens.

How does he get a no trade claus anyway?
    Article VII: Section 8
    (b) A player with a one-year Contract (excluding any Option Year) who would be a Qualifying Veteran Free Agent or an Early Qualifying Veteran Free Agent upon completing the playing services called for under his Contract cannot be traded without the player's consent. Should the player consent and be traded, then, for purposes of determining whether the player is a Qualifying Veteran Free Agent, Early Qualifying Veteran Free Agent or Non-Qualifying Veteran Free Agent at the conclusion of the Contract or any subsequent Contract between the player and the assignee Team, the player shall be considered as having changed Teams by means of signing a Contract with the assignee Team as a Free Agent (and not by means of trade).
    link

College superstar

Was a typo and should have been play but whatever, I stand by it. He's doing what's best for him. I don't at all like Ager, Stackhouse, Jones, or Hassell so liking George more than those 3 doesn't particularly mean much. It's not like those 3 are exactly lighting the world on fire with their shooting either. Jones has started 31 games and is shooting 35%, a scorching 3-16 for 9pts in his last 3 games. Whole team sucks really, I don't care ever since they got rid of most of the players I liked after the 02 season and changed their style. It's just funny to see everyone villainizing George for doing what the rule was specifically made to allow him to do, not put himself in a position whereby accepting a trade he loses potential millions.

Trade will probably still go through once he can get the Nets or Mavs to commit to what they're going to do with him after the season.

Not airballing my layups anymore Ghetto Phenom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    Was a typo and should have been play but whatever, I stand by it. He's doing what's best for him. I don't at all like Ager, Stackhouse, Jones, or Hassell so liking George more than those 3 doesn't particularly mean much. It's not like those 3 are exactly lighting the world on fire with their shooting either. Jones has started 31 games and is shooting 35%, a scorching 3-16 for 9pts in his last 3 games. Whole team sucks really, I don't care ever since they got rid of most of the players I liked after the 02 season and changed their style. It's just funny to see everyone villainizing George for doing what the rule was specifically made to allow him to do, not put himself in a position whereby accepting a trade he loses potential millions.

Trade will probably still go through once he can get the Nets or Mavs to commit to what they're going to do with him after the season.
    He's not doing what's best for him. He made the most idiotic move that he could make. He already requested a trade from the Mavericks earlier in the season. If he was so worried about his "early Bird" rights, he should've thought of it then.

Secondly, there's no chance in HELL the Mavs will resign him after this season. No team is going to go over the cap to sign Devean George. It's just not gonna happen. He should've been happy to get to NJ where he'd have a shot at getting some PT and trying to earn a bigger contract or get re-signed. What an idiot.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by fallyous
    I hope everyone in the Mav's locker room goes outta their way to let him know that he is Devean George, a 10th man, and he cost the team a chance to get one of the best PGs ever. How does he get a no trade claus anyway?
    I'm sure that will go over well when he wears his 3 rings into the locker room and say "I'm Devean George Damnit".

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto Phenom
    He's not doing what's best for him. He made the most idiotic move that he could make. He already requested a trade from the Mavericks earlier in the season. If he was so worried about his "early Bird" rights, he should've thought of it then.

Secondly, there's no chance in HELL the Mavs will resign him after this season. No team is going to go over the cap to sign Devean George. It's just not gonna happen. He should've been happy to get to NJ where he'd have a shot at getting some PT and trying to earn a bigger contract or get re-signed. What an idiot.
    I'm sure he realizes that Dallas is not planning on signing him next year (especially if he's on the trading block right now). Maybe he doesn't even want to sign with Dallas next year.

But, why would he want to go to the Nets w/o Kidd and possibly w/o Carter? What does that benefit him? Staying with Dallas, for the remainder of the season, means he doesn't have to uproot his family and may give him a 4th ring. He's an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season and will have the opportunity to choose from interested teams.

Maybe I need to watch the video again but, I didn't hear him say "I'm not going to NJ". What he said was, "I'm waiting for my agent to explain, to me, what my options are. We have time." Any smart man would weigh his options before making a career decision. You think Harris or Diop wouldn't do the same thing if they had the opportunity?

Do you really think he cares about being hated in a city that he, most likely, won't be in after June? He should look out for HIS best interest, just like we all do when we make career decisions.