Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Default Re: to everyone shaking their head about lebron and company taking paycuts -

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    You're one fairweather fan that deserves nothing from what Miami does

Where does this stop? I mean, what lengths will players go to in stacking a team in their favour?

There needs to be some kind of limit on this shit. If you are an established superstar in their prime, you should not be allowed to take a paycut to gain an advantage.

Set wage limits(both high and low) on superstars in the league and we might get a bit of parity in the league.
    I literally laughed out loud.

Default Re: to everyone shaking their head about lebron and company taking paycuts -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    I literally laughed out loud.

Lebron taking a paycut to fit other great players in, yet loses nothing on state taxes and endorsements.

Cheating muthafcker

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Lebron taking a paycut to fit other great players in, yet loses nothing on state taxes and endorsements.

Cheating muthafcker
    He does it all within the context of the rules. I think that means he's pretty smart, no?
    Last edited by Mr. Incredible; 06-28-2014 at 11:57 PM.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

No they haven't.

Duncan is nearly 40 years old.

I don't want to hear what stats he gets, he is nearly 40 years old and gets paid according to his age.
    Tony Parker has never gotten paid over 13 million his entire career. Ginobli made under 10 mil the majority of his career... Those two guys are easily worth more. Duncan, despite being a top 5-6 all time player, has never gotten paid the max. In his prime, he was getting 16 mil or less. These guys are all easily worth more but they chose to play below their market value and 5 rings later, look what it has done for them

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    He does it all in the context of the rules. I think that means he's pretty smart, no?
    He moved to a state w/ no state income tax... much like the Spurs

F**K CHEATERS

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Tony Parker has never gotten paid over 13 million his entire career. Ginobli made under 10 mil the majority of his career... Those two guys are easily worth more. Duncan, despite being a top 5-6 all time player, has never gotten paid the max. In his prime, he was getting 16 mil or less. These guys are all easily worth more but they chose to play below their market value and 5 rings later, look what it has done for them

That's debatable and you would be hard pressed to find someone who would say they are obviously underpaid.

Gino is old and injury prone. There are a lot of guys in the league who get underpaid because they are injury prone. Nothing to discuss there.

Parker is paid about right. Good penetrator and finisher, nice jumpshot, average passer, no defense, how is he worth more than 13 million?

During the finals, I thought he was a liability for big stretches of games. Again, I don't see anything to discuss here either.

Duncan was paid 21 million in 2011-2012? Went up each year starting at around 16 mill? So that would be about 100 mill for 5 years which is about right?

Again, Miami players in their prime took paycuts and manipulated the cap to gain an advantage. Lebron lost very little in doing so because of the Miami state taxes.

That's debatable and you would be hard pressed to find someone who would say they are obviously underpaid.

Gino is old and injury prone. There are a lot of guys in the league who get underpaid because they are injury prone. Nothing to discuss there.

Parker is paid about right. Good penetrator and finisher, nice jumpshot, average passer, no defense, how is he worth more than 13 million?

During the finals, I thought he was a liability for big stretches of games. Again, I don't see anything to discuss here either.

Duncan was paid 21 million in 2011-2012? Went up each year starting at around 16 mill? So that would be about 100 mill for 5 years which is about right?

Again, Miami players in their prime took paycuts and manipulated the cap to gain an advantage. Lebron lost very little in doing so because of the Miami state taxes.
    You seemed to miss the fact that I said Gino never got paid over 10 mil his ENTIRE CAREER including his prime. He's obviously worth a lot more than that since he'd be one of the top PG's in the league on most teams as a starter.

Max contract in the NBA is roughly 24 mil, which Duncan never got paid, and was paid well under that even in his prime.

You're missing the point that other teams would gladly pay these guys more money... hell even the Spurs would themselves pay more money. Parker is definitely worth more than 13 mil. He was putting up 20/7 last year and getting 12.5. Tyreke Evans is making 12 mil to put up 14/5. You really think if the Nets are paying D-Will as much as they are, they wouldn't rather have TP in his place?

You can deny it all you want but these guys are all clearly playing for well under their market value.

and lol @ hard pressed to find people saying they are underpaid. Just about every sports analyst has been comparing the Heat opt-outs possible paycuts to what the Spurs have done over the big 3's career.

And if you're gonna talk about true value of players, Wade clearly isn't worth 20 mil a year at this point. Bosh isn't worth 20 mil either, and the 15ish he is looking for is about right. LeBron is obviously worth a max contract which is approximately what he's looking for to stay w/ the Heat.

And if you're gonna talk about true value of players, Wade clearly isn't worth 20 mil a year at this point. Bosh isn't worth 20 mil either, and the 15ish he is looking for is about right. LeBron is obviously worth a max contract which is approximately what he's looking for to stay w/ the Heat.

I have no problem with Wade taking a paycut.

Bosh on the other hand...He's still in his prime.

Lebron deserves max money though. I'm more dirty about him taking a paycut in 2010, than the other two doing the same this time round.

I have no problem with Wade taking a paycut.

Bosh on the other hand...He's still in his prime.

Lebron deserves max money though. I'm more dirty about him taking a paycut in 2010, than the other two doing the same this time round.
    Duncan never took max money in his prime despite clearly being worth it and being offered.

Bosh wouldn't get max money on any team these days anyway. I don't get why Duncan/Ginobli/Parker all playing for under their market value in their prime is no problem for you, but Bosh doing it is... Don't be so hypocritical

Duncan never took max money in his prime despite clearly being worth it and being offered.

Bosh wouldn't get max money on any team these days anyway. I don't get why Duncan/Ginobli/Parker all playing for under their market value in their prime is no problem for you, but Bosh doing it is... Don't be so hypocritical

You keep saying Duncan, but again it's age related and he got paid about right wherre he should of. Same with Parker. Ginobili you might have a case there, but he wasn't grossly underpaid.

You're trying to hard to deflect Lebron's obvious manipulation in 2010.

You keep saying Duncan, but again it's age related and he got paid about right wherre he should of. Same with Parker.

You're trying to hard to deflect Lebron's obvious manipulation in 2010.
    I'm not even really talking about LeBron in 2010...

But if you don't think Duncan was ever worth a max contract... I don't even... I mean you do realize 03' Duncan, his best year, was getting paid 12 mil... and that was as the only all star on his team, and he was already established as a top player in the league w/ an FMVP

And Ginobli under 10

You still think I'm talking about these guys when they're old but no... I'm talking about PRIME. Ginobli NEVER over 10.5, Parker never over 13.5, Duncan getting paid 12.5 in his ABSOLUTE prime.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    The owner makes much more money than these guys. He should be paying the luxury tax instead of them taking less money. This collusion is bad for players long term cos all teams will try to use media/fan pressure to make guys take less now. If LeBron can do it...
    Weak ass teams can't afford to do that shit. They need to overpay scrubs just to have a fighting chance at 8th seed. Ppl will always be overpaid in this league.

Let them take paycuts, as long as has-been Wade is part of the Big 3, they ain't winning shit

Local High School Star

The "collusion", "lack of competitive spirit" arguments had wings 4 years ago. The Heat are no longer the "most loaded" team out there. OKC and LAC arguably have more overall talent than Miami. There's a huge difference between 2010 Wade/Bosh and 2015 Wade/Bosh. Wade and/or Bosh probably don't even make the AS game next season if they played in the West.

Not surprisingly, the biggest whiners of Lebron and Co taking paycuts are primarily the fans of crippled, overpaid, has-beens who're getting 20+M/year to be black holes with negative ROIs who erase any chance of their teams being contenders due to lack of cap flexibility.

Only in the world of retards/imbeciles is placing money ahead of winning considered "alpha" while vice versa considered bitch made, etc. In that case, Andrew Bynum is the most alpha fcuker out there.