Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default to everyone shaking their head about lebron and company taking paycuts -

you need a great team to win. you can't have a great team if you alone make 80% of the total salary cap

also, you guys realize that these guys make extra money via endorsements, appearances, etc. right? how much does nike pay lebron? 90 million

read that again - 90 MILLION FOR A SHOE DEAL

he makes even more on appearances, other endorsements, etc.

that's why guys like lebron don't mind taking a 10-15 million pay cut from their basketball salary

just trying to put this into perspective

NBA Superstar

Default Re: to everyone shaking their head about lebron and company taking paycuts -

It's just the nature of it man. We're fans and we want to see a competitive league top to bottom.

I don't know about you but I felt that the Eastern Conference playoffs this year were a snoozefest. I don't want to see it that way again.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Re: to everyone shaking their head about lebron and company taking paycuts -

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    It's just the nature of it man. We're fans and we want to see a competitive league top to bottom.

I don't know about you but I felt that the Eastern Conference playoffs this year were a snoozefest. I don't want to see it that way again.
    So you want the Heat to be worse, so that the Eastern conference is full of non-contenders? You want more NBA finals that are snoozefests instead?

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    So you want the Heat to be worse, so that the Eastern conference is full of non-contenders? You want more NBA finals that are snoozefests instead?
    The cHeat don't need more talent, they need to learn how to play basketball. The Spurs did more with less. The cHeat method is ridiculous they saturate their roster with talent and hope for the best, it isn't good or smart basketball and it is bad for the rest of the league because every franchise deserves some elite talent to draw fans. Instead, Miami, with the worst fan base in all of sports that don't even care about basketball is trying to get all the players that the other franchises fans deserve to watch playing for their teams. The Heat need to learn how to play smarter, not stack the deck.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    So if the Heat become worse but the result is a more competitive conference, then yes, absolutely that's what I want.

I mean, you're a Heat fan so obviously you don't want your team to get worse, I get it. For me personally, I'm just not a fan of "superteams" formed by guys who all came from one conference and stripped that conference of it's overall competitiveness in order to take a shortcut. I don't blame the players for doing it, but as a fan it's just not something I respect.

When I see Kobe kick Shaq off of his team and then win 2 rings thats something I can get behind and respect personally. I think that was pretty badass and cool.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

alphas dont make concessions, they get theirs or die trying

I'm not shaking my head. This is what I think he, Bosh and Wade should do if the want to keep winning. I hope they resign for longer than 3 years.

Very good NBA starter

Heat need to upgrade at PG and C , like they've needed to a few years now... its takes money though. Ie. consolidating or moving around contracts.

How many of the max contracts of the last 10 years have worked out amazingly? The Joe Johnsons, Gilbert Arenas, Rashard Lewis' of the league.

Bottom line is the contract should be an agreeable balance that makes both the player and team happy.

OP is right. Bron needs more help. Lets give him some other stars to blame for his failures. Because if there's one thing we learned in the last few years. It's never Lebrons fault.

NBA All-star

algorithm don't even win championship on NBA 2K14 or whatever

Very good NBA starter

Somehow for 60 years before 2010 the best players in the league managed to win titles without taking paycuts but now it's the only way. Smh at the number of excuses made for the big 3. Face it none of these guys believe they are championship material without having the most stacked team

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    The cHeat don't need more talent, they need to learn how to play basketball. The Spurs did more with less. The cHeat method is ridiculous they saturate their roster with talent and hope for the best, it isn't good or smart basketball and it is bad for the rest of the league because every franchise deserves some elite talent to draw fans. Instead, Miami, with the worst fan base in all of sports that don't even care about basketball is trying to get all the players that the other franchises fans deserve to watch playing for their teams. The Heat need to learn how to play smarter, not stack the deck.
    GOAT post.

I hope they take huge paycuts. Let s go, do it!

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

I have one question.

When these guys opt out and take less money, and Riley brings in a guy like Lowry, or even Melo, and these guys become catch and shoot guys averaging 40% less points than they did before.

Are you guys still going to complain about him not having enough help? Are we going to hear that these guys declined?

If the answer is no, then he can do whatever he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Somehow for 60 years before 2010 the best players in the league managed to win titles without taking paycuts but now it's the only way. Smh at the number of excuses made for the big 3. Face it none of these guys believe they are championship material without having the most stacked team
    Give credit to these guys for their revolution.
    We had Gandhi, Mirabeau, Che Guevara, and now, Miami Heat!