Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: The Lakers Are Fast Running Out Of Scapegoats

I think the Lakers will be just fine.

They're still a bit banged up, have a new coach, a new system, new players, it'll take them time to gel together but they'll eventually get there.

I do agree with the main point the op is making tho.

Laker fans *ahem* Kobe fans, are always quick to place the blame on somebody else.

But as I said, ya'll shouldn't worry, in a month or two they'll be the top dogs in the West.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I gotta say Lakers fans kept killing me for saying Mike Brown didn't deserve the blame and you guys kept saying "See we won 3 in a row once he left!!" but now you lost by 16 to the Kings and tonight to the Grizzlies. Point is it's a valid point to say certain Lakers fans will continue assigning one scapegoat after another.

Then when they win with what they have they will act like they always knew and believed that would happen.
    we're still way better without brown. cant deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    we're still way better without brown. cant deny that.

I agree, you could tell the players didn't believe in Princeton.

Very good NBA starter

God this site is unbearable as soon as Kobe has a bad game

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    I agree, you could tell the players didn't believe in Princeton.
    No they didn't beleive in Mike Brown and never actually gave it a proper go so we don't actually know how good/bad coach Mike is when he never had a chance this year.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    No they didn't beleive in Mike Brown and never actually gave it a proper go so we don't actually know how good/bad coach Mike is when he never had a chance this year.
    Contrary to the opinion of many, Mike Brown, does have good coaching intellect, however you're right, he never got the chance.

Conversely, the Laker team, has been designed to win now, and not in the future, therefore they gave him the chop.

He'll be back, I had doubts that D'Antoni would make it back to coach a NBA team and he did.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    Contrary to the opinion of many, Mike Brown, does have good coaching intellect, however you're right, he never got the chance.

Conversely, the Laker team, has been designed to win now, and not in the future, therefore they gave him the chop.

He'll be back, I had doubts that D'Antoni would make it back to coach a NBA team and he did.
    I think that Mike Brown is better suited coaching younger players that he can take time to mold in his "Image", so to speak. Coaching vets that are set in their ways takes a special kind of coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    I think that Mike Brown is better suited coaching younger players that he can take time to mold in his "Image", so to speak. Coaching vets that are set in their ways takes a special kind of coach.

He could probably work with Vet's, but vet's who haven't won a ring, their kind of less set in their ways, because their still after that elusive ring.

[HTML][/HTML]
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Kobe is literally the last of the Lakers' problems right now. He's been the best and most consistent player on the Lakers by FAR. ]Anybody who's been watching the games can see that.

lol at the OP implying that Kobe is the problem.
    I found the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Nah Nev, even in Cleveland, James didn't even respect him that much as a coach. Sure, they won a lot of games but they were regular season team and their arrogance cost them in the playoffs (outside of James, for the most part).

I do think a younger team with not that much superstar minded players (Detroit ? Toronto ?), I can see him mold his defensive minded philosophy. But without proper offensive sets and rotations, I just don't see him as a long term head coach, but would be a good defensive coordinator assistant coach.

And yes, obviously a veteran team just isn't go buy into his coaching.

I really liked Bickerstaff as a coach

Too bad D'Antoni was already hired. Otherwise it would've been great to keep him around.

His offense was more free flowing, letting the players play however they felt comfortable.

Decent college freshman

REHIRE MIKE BROWN, lol.

Banned

This is why I refuse to put Kobe higher than Duncan and Shaq on the all-time list. Does he need yet another superstar? LOL... Remember what happened from 2004-2008 before they got Pau Gasol right? Missing the playoffs and two first round exits with Kobe as the "man"... honestly, for a guy that some of you guys put in the top 5... that is pathetic.

National High School Star

Please, go to a Lakers board and you'll see plenty of people lay in to Kobe when he's playing bad. Of course when Laker fans do it on other boards they're called spoiled ungrateful brats.

I'm not sure if people realize this but the active roster is currently slightly worse than last years, and even last years team wasn't that great. We're currently starting the third string PG and let Sessions go in the offseason. Yeah we got Howard but we also lost Bynum. People keep making it out like this team is the same as last years only with Howard and Nash. So really we've got a severe downgrade at PG while Nash is out and a moderate upgrade at center. On top of this a new coach and the idiot son of the owner running things. There's plenty of blame to go around.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by onhcetum
    This is why I refuse to put Kobe higher than Duncan and Shaq on the all-time list. Does he need yet another superstar? LOL... Remember what happened from 2004-2008 before they got Pau Gasol right? Missing the playoffs and two first round exits with Kobe as the "man"... honestly, for a guy that some of you guys put in the top 5... that is pathetic.
    Yeah the teams he was on means nothing. If you're the best you have to get to the finals as the man regardless of who you have around you. The team was attempting to rebuild those years and was actually on their way up before they got Bynum. Factor in how tough the west was and still is. They still almost upset a stacked Suns team with that makeup.