Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default The Lakers Are Fast Running Out Of Scapegoats

First it was all Mike Brown's fault. Now it's all on Pau. If and when Pau is shipped out and the Lakers still suck, who will bear the blame?

Dwight?
    World Peace?
    Nash?
    D'Antoni?

Bean is untouchable in the LA fanbase's eyes, even on nights when he goes 7-23, so that's not an option. What say you Lakers fans... who's your next pariah going to be?

Banned

Default Re: The Lakers Are Fast Running Out Of Scapegoats

Steve Blake, but I think hel play well under D'Antoni.

so if the Lakers suck, then they suck.

at least they got rid if all the scapegoats to find out what they really have.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    First it was all Mike Brown's fault. Now it's all on Pau. If and when Pau is shipped out and the Lakers still suck, who will bear the blame?

Dwight?
    World Peace?
    Nash?
    D'Antoni?

Bean is untouchable in the LA fanbase's eyes, even on nights when he goes 7-23, so that's not an option. What say you Lakers fans... who's your next pariah going to be?
    I think Kobe is only untouchable in the eyes of the most passionate Kobe stans. Still, Kobe has been the only Laker player that's showed up on a consistent basis and played at a high level basically every night. I'm pretty sure this was his first bad shooting game of the season, which is pretty damn incredible given their season is now 13 games old.

I haven't watched all of the last two games (mainly saw just the 4th quarters of the Kings an Grizzlies games) so I don't know why Howard is getting so few shots/touches, but he'll probably be the next scapegoat.

B-bu-butt, Kobe's 7-23 night and shitty defense has nothing to do w/ the Lakers woes. Ship Pau Gasol's azz out. Now that's a plan!

....Steve Nash is next!!!

Kobe is literally the last of the Lakers' problems right now. He's been the best and most consistent player on the Lakers by FAR. Anybody who's been watching the games can see that.

lol at the OP implying that Kobe is the problem.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

It's just hard for some peeps to believe that their team can get bad, while other teams improve. Keep in mind this is something a lot of ISHers are going through for the first time in their adult lives, but the NBA has always been like that. Players get old and slow, while other players start entering their prime.

There's really no reason to scapegoat anybody, seeing as how the Lakers lost in the playoffs 2 years in a row, with 2 different coaches. And trading players won't be the magic bullet, because those new players will still have to learn how to play in a totally new environment, unlike guys who've been on the same team for years now.

Banned

our 3rd string pg is starting you crackheads

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    It's just hard for some peeps to believe that their team can get bad, while other teams improve. Keep in mind this is something a lot of ISHers are going through for the first time in their adult lives, but the NBA has always been like that. Players get old and slow, while other players start entering their prime.

There's really no reason to scapegoat anybody, seeing as how the Lakers lost in the playoffs 2 years in a row, with 2 different coaches. And trading players won't be the magic bullet, because those new players will still have to learn how to play in a totally new environment, unlike guys who've been on the same team for years now.
    can u leave this forum if the lakers dont improve when nash gets back?

Made that high school varsity squad

Yet, we haven't played with our starting PG at all this season. He's played all of 1.5 games. Not to mention our players have learned 2 different systems this month.

Sure, lakers are old and slow. is that what you wanted to hear? Or do you want to hear that Kobe is the biggest problem and he should be amnestied?

There, feel better?

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I think Kobe is only untouchable in the eyes of the most passionate Kobe stans. Still, Kobe has been the only Laker player that's showed up on a consistent basis and played at a high level basically every night. I'm pretty sure this was his first bad shooting game of the season, which is pretty damn incredible given their season is now 13 games old.

I haven't watched all of the last two games (mainly saw just the 4th quarters of the Kings an Grizzlies games) so I don't know why Howard is getting so few shots/touches, but he'll probably be the next scapegoat.
    Howard had 5 turnovers tonight. It's hard to get touches when you get stripped constantly by your defender in the post.

they need more superstars.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    WTF is with you soft ass posters wanting everybody leaving , when someone posts something that you don't like?

This is a basketball forum of opinions, and nothing I said was trolling. Get the f@ck over yourself, and accept that not everybody thinks like you.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Lakers just need some shooters and a good point guard, which they have just not now. I mean Christ I've never seen such poor shooting from a team in my life. And this stuff isn't new.. They've had shit shooting from the perimeter since like 08.

And Dwight looks nothing like he did in Orlando. Goes to show you what poor spacing can do to a center.

It was a team problem tonight. Everybody is to blame, not just 1 singular player.

In my eyes, yes Kobe should get the majority of the blame regardless of how he plays (good or bad) because he is their best player and he is their leader, because he would get the majority of the praise if they win in dominant fashion unless we look at the context of it. That is how should be with every team.

Now, if someone wanted to talk about who is the pecking order for the blame for the Lakers tonight ? Then that is a different question altogether and what everyone should be asking.
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 11-24-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    our 3rd string pg is starting you crackheads
    The Lakers were at their worst this year when Nash was starting. Including the preseason, they were something ridiculous like 0-10 with Nash. I wouldn't hold my breath on him being your savior if I was you