Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Who will end up being the better overall player: Andre Drummond or Anthony Davis?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    So did I, then I saw his disappointing year at UConn, so I changed my mind to Davis. Then I saw their rookie years......

....I think Drummond has the potential to be better, hell, he has more potential than nearly anyone in this league, but I don't see him reaching it. I think the Brow will end up being the better player. He had a pretty underrated rookie year and he's gonna be very good at his peak.
    This.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Default Re: Who will end up being the better overall player: Andre Drummond or Anthony Davis?

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

I still believe Drummond will be better.
    Why?

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Who will end up being the better overall player: Andre Drummond or Anthony Davis?
    Anthony Davis' ceiling = Garnett

Drummond's ceiling = Tyson Chandler or better DeAndre Jordan

I don't think Drummond's will have much of a offensive game

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
    This is really stupid. Davis is not even close to his full potential. When he puts on strength he will be a much better player. Opposing bigs wouldn't be able to shove him around/back him down.

Per 36 his numbers are 16/10/2. Incredible for a weak, raw rookie.
    You took what I said alittle further than I meant it. My point really was, people expecting Davis to be the next KG are going to be disappointed, I don't think his ceiling is that high.

Davis. As much as said about Anthony Davis' defensive ability coming into the league, I really think Drummond will be much more dominant defensively.

AD's versatility and skill level at his age and position are too hard to ignore, he's going to be really good. Combined with his ability to block shots, overall he will be the better player.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
    This is really stupid. Davis is not even close to his full potential. When he puts on strength he will be a much better player. Opposing bigs wouldn't be able to shove him around/back him down.

Per 36 his numbers are 16/10/2. Incredible for a weak, raw rookie.
    and drummonds per 36 were..... 14/14/3 with 2 steals

pretty incredible for an even rawer rookie with poor conditioning (and younger).

both are among the best young bigs in the league. I do think drummond's size and freak athleticism may set them apart by the time they are 5 years deep in the league

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Bumping this.

Anthony Davis.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

a. Davis ...

Local High School Star SpurrDurr's Avatar

So far it's Davis. Drummond is a great athlete but Davis is a nature freak with skills. He's bulking up, i expect him to sodomize Howard in a couple of years.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

You can definitely argue either way, but all I know is that Drummond was an absolute steal with pick #9 right?...

3-time NBA All-Star

Drummond needs to learn how to shoot free-throws before this is even a question.

If you can't play someone at the end of the game, he belongs nowhere in a "who's better" comparison with someone legitimate.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Drummond needs to learn how to shoot free-throws before this is even a question.

If you can't play someone at the end of the game, he belongs nowhere in a "who's better" comparison with someone legitimate.
    ... this is coming from someone very excited about Monroe/Drum'

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Drummond: only player to put up 20 PER as a teenager

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Drummond: only player to put up 20 PER as a teenager
    This is great and all, but look up Javale McGee and Andray Blatche's stats and then tell me how useful PER is for measuring the effectiveness of a big man.

I take Dravis all day. I've seen flashes from Drummond, but I've seen one too many raw athletic bigs never develope the fundamentals needed to dominate to really buy in. Hopefully he proves me wrong.