Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default The MCW experiment hasn't gone too well for the Bucks

Looks like they are trying to move him. He has shown zero improvement since his rookie year. Knight may be a moron but he's a bette moron than MCW.

http://m.journaltimes.com/sports/bas...ile_touch=true

Default Re: The MCW experiment hasn't gone too well for the Bucks

I remember this forum exploding when he had a triple double against the Heat, and LeBron in his NBA Debut.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Millbuck is a good dude...one of the best on this board...
    But he takes a big L here. Can't defend a scrub at this point. Sorry man.

They should build on Parker, Antetokounmpo and Middleton. But they should focus on Parker, and give him more PT and shots. He needs to shoot that ball, a lot, and get a feel for the NBA game and get over the mental huddles of his surgery repaired knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I remember this forum exploding when he had a triple double against the Heat, and LeBron in his NBA Debut.
    It was almost as bad as when the board exploded when Brandon Jennings scored 50. I called him trash too and got flamed like crazy for it. I was right about both of them. They are both trash.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    Millbuck is a good dude...one of the best on this board...
    But he takes a big L here. Can't defend a scrub at this point. Sorry man.
    I don't recall milbuck talking up MCW it was putting down knight and being happy he was moved.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    It was almost as bad as when the board exploded when Brandon Jennings scored 50. I called him trash too and got flamed like crazy for it. I was right about both of them. They are both trash.
    I've always stood by my assessment of MCW that he is a decent bench guard but nothing more. Empty stats gets thrown around too much here when a team loses but he was the definition of empty stats, he scored a lot of points on a lot of missed shots, he got a lot of assists with a lot of turnovers, he got steals while playing the passing lanes and blowing his assignments.

MCW was never gonna work coz he's just not that good tbh

I remember when he got traded to Bucks, someone posted a bunch of stats which were just like "Dayam, how dis nig in da NBA?"

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I don't recall milbuck talking up MCW it was putting down knight and being happy he was moved.
    He did talk up MCW plenty. I think that he hated him before the Bucks and then kept saying that Kidd was going to make him great and that the Sixers didn't develop him.

I've always stood by my assessment of MCW that he is a decent bench guard but nothing more. Empty stats gets thrown around too much here when a team loses but he was the definition of empty stats, he scored a lot of points on a lot of missed shots, he got a lot of assists with a lot of turnovers, he got steals while playing the passing lanes and blowing his assignments.
    I can't argue with what you're saying at all. I also have no idea how to quote two posts at the same time so that's why I responded twice. Been here since 2006 can't quote two posts and no idea how to search either

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    He did talk up MCW plenty. I think that he hated him before the Bucks and then kept saying that Kidd was going to make him great and that the Sixers didn't develop him.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...6&postcount=38

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    There is literally zero negatives for this trade. None whatsoever for the Bucks. Anyone saying we ****ed up letting Knight go has not watched us consistently..not that I blame anyone for that.

- don't have to overpay Knight...which we almost certainly would have this summer
    - Knight was NOT a point guard, and we needed a point guard who can pass. Knight was without question holding the development of Giannis, Jabari, Middleton, etc down with his constant over dribbling, hero ball, and severe lack of court vision.
    - MCW is much more of a passer than Knight, and defensively fits perfectly into our long, athletic, scrambling defensive style. He has his flaws..but we've never seen MCW with talented players around him, with a legit coach who just so happens to be a HOF PG and know the position perfectly. As long as he makes a conscious effort to find teammates and buys into the defense, he'll be great for us.
    - If MCW fails we got another rookie contract PG in Ennis who could also develop well under Kidd
    - We get a competent big in Plumlee who will be a huge help for our devastated frontline (Jabari out, Sanders out, Henson weak as ****, etc)

most of his posts from the trade threads acknowledge MCW's problems but talk about hoping he can learn to shoot and improve. Maybe I missed things but that's what I recalled him saying. I guess you could take that as hyping him up abit but I saw it more as hoping a young guy would improve, wasn't like he was saying he'd be an immediate all star.

College superstar

Can't speak on MCW too much, as I've never watched him play in the pros. But the Bucks team strikes me as the kinda team that could really use a pass-first, defensive PG that can hit the occasional 3.

Not sure what current player fits that mold... Patrick Beverly, sort of? They essentially need a Derek Fisher.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Can't speak on MCW too much, as I've never watched him play in the pros. But the Bucks team strikes me as the kinda team that could really use a pass-first, defensive PG that can hit the occasional 3.

Not sure what current player fits that mold... Patrick Beverly, sort of? They essentially need a Derek Fisher.
    I always thought Conley would fit in well with this bucks team. I think he's a free agent isn't he? But then again Conley would fit any team needing a point guard

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...6&postcount=38

most of his posts from the trade threads acknowledge MCW's problems but talk about hoping he can learn to shoot and improve. Maybe I missed things but that's what I recalled him saying. I guess you could take that as hyping him up abit but I saw it more as hoping a young guy would improve, wasn't like he was saying he'd be an immediate all star.
    Yes you missed things. That may be how it started but it grew into him being obnoxious about it and taking it personally that I didn't like MCW. I hated him on the Sixers and that was well documented. Funny thing is, I actually like the Bucks.

College superstar

I always thought Conley would fit in well with this bucks team. I think he's a free agent isn't he? But then again Conley would fit any team needing a point guard
    True on both counts. His typical "usage" is a little higher than I was shooting for... really want the offensive games of Middleton, Giannis, and especially Parker, flourish... but he'd be a hell of a fit.