Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The Order 1886 full FIVE-HOUR playthrough leaked....

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I don't doubt that you say that, but you clearly like to get in jabs.

Lack of games? You constantly said that but Sony probably has better exclusives out then Xbox has to this point.
    Like i've said in other threads it comes down to preferences but so far I haven't found anything beyond little big planet on ps4 that wasn't a remake or indie that i've enjoyed. I don't care which device I game on, if a games good I'll play it and love it, if I'm disappointed with something I've bought I'll complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Like i've said in other threads it comes down to preferences but so far I haven't found anything beyond little big planet on ps4 that wasn't a remake or indie that i've enjoyed. I don't care which device I game on, if a games good I'll play it and love it, if I'm disappointed with something I've bought I'll complain about it.
    Cool.

You seemed to make it sound as if everything was a definitely the case in most other threads I can remember.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Cool.

You seemed to make it sound as if everything was a definitely the case in most other threads I can remember.
    I'm not one to prop up something I buy purely because I've bought it. I have shot down one of the guys who posts here (lakers something) who has posted lies about the xbox though so I could see why you would think I was biased but honestly I don't blindly follow any manufacturer and when it comes to consoles I usually end up buying all of them anyway.

Like I said earlier I am expecting this year to be better for sony and by christmas I'll imagine I will be loving my ps4 just as much as I've enjoyed my xbox. The order seems like it's let me down but they still have bloodborne, no mans sky and uncharted coming that I'm pumped for which all look to be better than what xbox is offering (I'm not a big halo fan and tomb raider will come to ps4) this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Destiny is horrible.

I wouldn't call it popular either.
    Destiny sold a shitload and has a massive online population. Critically, it didn't do very well, but it was a huge success commercially.

Me? I was never interested in it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Speak for yourself, I thought the last of us was the most over rated game in history and seemed to think gameplay is not important in a video game. The last of us at least gave us a decent length but the gameplay was a boring mediocre system, the level design was outdated and lazy and the AI was flat out broken. The character development and production values made it an enjoyable game but it's far from being one of the top games in my books. You are also missing the fact that the last of us took around 12 hours to finish and gears of war had multiplayer modes and co op and also had innovative gameplay at the time. The order is 5-10 hours IF you look for collectibles with unskippable cutscenes (even when re playing) and no alternate paths or upgrade system like the last of us had to at least make play throughs a little different.

Any way there's reviews popping up in favor of the order on some sites but there's users posting their own reviews on others, from what I've seen the length is 5-8 hours with part of that cut scenes and some people complaining there's large sections where you are forced to walk slowly to pad out the length....
    Of course it's all subjective. Personally, TLoU is my favorite game of all time, and no, it's not just because of the story/characters. I honestly loved the moment to moment gameplay, especially on grounded mode.

Obviously The Order won't be on the level of TLoU. That's an unfair expectation for a dev team making their first console game. I do think it will be a solid narrative driven single player game and a technical showpiece for the PS4. Seriously, it can't be overstated how beautiful this game is.

Banned

Its getting some good early reviews but its worrying they all seem to say it is short with lots of cut scenea and qtes but they don't mind that. Hoping it might still live up to my expectations.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Destiny sold a shitload and has a massive online population. Critically, it didn't do very well, but it was a huge success commercially.

Me? I was never interested in it at all.
    It sold a shitload because it's one of the games to have a bundle. There's a reason why Killzone: Shadow Fall was the best-selling PS4 game for a while (possibly still is?). Also, it had a lot of hype. I bought it day-one because it looked like it could be amazing, just like many other people. Look at the Destiny thread for example. There were loads of people posting in it during pre-release and around release, but now there's only four people.

Banned

Yikes...I honestly thought it would review better (at least mid 70's). Reviews aren't the be all end all, but it's disappointing.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 02-19-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Yeah I was reading about it earlier. Wow.

What a flop.

Banned

"Do you like movies? Do you like video games? If you answered "yes" to either of those questions, you should probably skipThe Order: 1886.

The PlayStation 4's newest action game is a dull and lumbering thing. It's a brief, drab adventure starring a group of characters who all seem to dislike their lives and one another, and if it managed a single new gameplay idea over the course of its runtime, I didn't catch it.*The Order: 1886*is one of the most depressing games I've played in a while.

In fact, let's just get this out of the way. Should you play*The Order: 1886? NO"

Damn it's getting some terrible reviews, was hoping it'd be decent at least. After some small sites reviewed it well I hoped it was still going to get just average scores

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Bloodborne better deliver since the Order clearly sucks based on reviews. I use my PS4 for TLOU and to watch NBA ballstreams. That is it. Xbox One gets all my other time. Not sure how much longer PS4 can coast on being the more powerful system when every exclusive is mediocre.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    Bloodborne better deliver since the Order clearly sucks based on reviews. I use my PS4 for TLOU and to watch NBA ballstreams. That is it. Xbox One gets all my other time. Not sure how much longer PS4 can coast on being the more powerful system when every exclusive is mediocre.
    Well we at least know that even if Uncharted doesn't turn out perfect it should still be a good game.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

welp, looks like i know what ill redbox when i literally cant think of anything else to do.