Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Blake Griffin or Shawn Kemp

Who would you rather have on your team, Griffin or prime Kemp.

Default Re: Blake Griffin or Shawn Kemp

Tough question. Kemp was better than his stats suggest. From 92-96 He was up there with the best forwards in the game. He was on the level of Hill, Malone, Pippen and Barkley who at times made the first team over him.

In all honesty Griffin does just about everything better though. Passing, scoring, dribbling, shooting, etc. I'm not sure if that is due to being given the opportunity or if he is in fact better...

It is close. I like Kemp better. He played with more flair, or at least with the flair/attitude that I like.

Griffin

Cali Love

Prime Kemp was relentless

Blake is soft

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Tough question. Kemp was better than his stats suggest. From 92-96 He was up there with the best forwards in the game. He was on the level of Hill, Malone, Pippen and Barkley who at times made the first team over him.

In all honesty Griffin does just about everything better though. Passing, scoring, dribbling, shooting, etc. I'm not sure if that is due to being given the opportunity or if he is in fact better...

It is close. I like Kemp better. He played with more flair, or at least with the flair/attitude that I like.
    Good analysis

I agree

I'll take Kemp for his length

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Flair is a good way to distinguish the two. I would take Kemp as well. Blake has turned into yet another cry-to-the-refs player on nearly every drive. Still a great player and fun to watch, but very annoying at the same time.

Length really shows too with the block numbers

Not sure who'd be the better 1st option, but Kemp would be a better 2nd/3rd option IMO

Blake can initiate offense a lot better, but does this mean he's a better 1st option? I don't know. They both play the game the right way off the point guard. Blake is more versatile in this sense with his ball handling and passing, but Kemp is a low usage offensive player and has a clear advantage on defense

Decent playground baller Wiltside's Avatar

Prime Kemp. However, I think Blake will have a longer more successful career based on how badly Kemp fell off in the last 1/3 of his career.

Banned

The guy that didn't have T. rex arms

Learning to shoot layups

Lol you guys are dumb. Don't even like the clippers but Blake is twice the player kemp was. Better offensive player by being able to play inside and outside. Kemp was not versatile to that level. Blake is more athletic, better rebounder, one of the best passing forwards and he has better stats to prove all of this.

If i need defence and hustle ? Answer is Kemp .

If i need offensive option or creative offensive star ? Answer is Blake .

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingKobe
    Blake is more athletic,.
    No he's not. And Kemp was a better defensive player.

As bad as BG looks right now, I think he's just the better player. Better dribbler, passer, playmaker, post game and ability to create his own shot. BG is one of the better passing 4's to have ever played the game. Also, he's still only 26 and hasn't entered his prime yet. I don't think Kemp ever peaked as high as BG did in last year's playoffs when he did a little bit of everything.

I rule the local playground

Blake's post game is not that great. Deandre is beating him this year at .89 PPP in the post versus Blake's .86.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwin
    Blake's post game is not that great. Deandre is beating him this year at .89 PPP in the post versus Blake's .86.
    That's not a good stat to use since DJ is nothing but a dunker and leads the league in FG%. But Blake has settled way too much for the jumper this year. Defenses want him to take that shot, even if he's making them. He's more dangerous when he attacks off the dribble or works down low. His post game is very solid, not Hakeem like but once he has good position down low, he is pretty darn good at getting a bucket. He continues to improve his overall game whether that's his post game, shooting, dribbling, feel for the game or passing.