Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    shhhhhhh

Arrow The Saddest Truth: Shaq is now The Big Embarrassment

To sports fans the hardest truths to face are often the ones that were in view the longest, these truths screamed from the rooftops yet we refused to hear, we refused to see them for what they are despite all efforts by the truth itself to enlighten us.

Instead as fans we make excuses…

“Ron Artest isn’t a cancer, he’s misunderstood”

“Dennis Rodman isn’t out of control, he’s a free spirit”

“Stephen Jackson isn’t a thug, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time (again)”

Now we are faced with the truth once again, Shaquille O’Neal aka The Diesel, Superman or The Big Aristotle has become The Big Bitter.

In his latest attack on an ex-teammate Shaq raps “Kobe tell me how my ass tastes” while freestylin about the homeless, Kareem and of course himself in a New York City night club.

“Kobe tell me how my ass tastes”

Stop and think about this for a minute, listen to the words think about the big picture for once sports fan.

“Kobe tell me how my ass tastes”

Today thanks to our friend Shaq, on a playground filled with kids, “swish” “not in my house” and “in your face” was replaced with “tell me how my ass tastes” Shaq and his petty battles have overflowed onto the courts frequented by kids and that should not be excused nor should it be acceptable because he says he was “just kidding”.

Shaq has been the darling of beat reporters since the day he entered the NBA. His post game quips and soundbites have served the media well over the years, and in return a media starved for information has turned an non critical ear to his his public rants as he snipes insults and jabs at competitors, former teammates and coachs.

The list of players that have fallen from Mr. O’Neals graces is filled with names of some of the best the NBA has had to offer. Former teammate Penny Hardaway in Orlando then Kobe, Phil Jackson, Mitch Kupchak and Lakers owner Dr. Buss in L.A.

It’s been reported that his bench squawking in Miami led to the dismiss of then Heat coach Stan Van Gundy. In 2008 when a losing season in Miami reared it’s ugly head, Shaq got uglier and called his agent, forcing a trade to Phoenix. Once safely wrapped in the loving arms of his new team, former teammates Dwayne Wade, Ricky Davis and rookie Chris Quinn fell into Shaq’s verbal cross hairs.

Now he raps “Kobe tell me how my ass tastes”

The Big Aristotle has become the Big Embarrassment, on the court he has fallen from the ranks of the immortals to that of just another journeyman center. Shaq tell me how the bench feels.

Shaq’s life is a Hollywood movie told a thousand times in a thousand different ways. The kid from LSU who entered the league as a promising rookie became the talk of the town. A beast on the hardwood a clown in the locker room, the big man quickly became a fan favorite on and off the court.

Movies and endorsements fueled his massive ego while on the court his legend grew until the glory reached it’s zenith with multiple rings and parades in the early part of the new century. But as it always is in Hollywood, it was not enough, he wanted more, more fame, more money more attention.

Sharing a roster with rising star Kobe Bryant was too much, Laker coach Phil Jackson got too much credit for being the one who taught Shaq and Kobe how to win and the Lakers contract extension of 25 million per year wasn’t enough. Needing to be the center of everything he forced his way to Miami, where the movie is retold with a new cast, it’s the same story with all the pomp and glory of the first, ending with the same outcome as in LA, a trade demanded, a demand fulfilled.

Shaq in Phoenix begins just like all the other versions. Starting with the trade from Miami to the Phoenix Suns it looks like it was meant to be another remake, but this time the movies ending was different, no glory no praise, just seconding guessing by Suns fans and players, another coach fired.

With Shaq’s rap outing last weekend in New York the fall from Olympus is now complete, the latest remake has no happy ending, no parades, no glory. His wife has left him for the Cuban pool boy after years of marriage and the world knows he is no longer the the cure for a floundering franchise. In the words of 7 Mary 3 Shaq has become “Cumbersome” The once greatest player in the league the “most dominant ever” no longer is and the sad part is the movie could have had a better ending, he didn’t have to end up playing a bitter broken down jock who refuses to see what everyone else should. The very fact it ends the way it does falls on Shaq’s shoulders, he has been afterall the director of the Shaq story through all it’s remakes.

Tell me, Shaq how does your first bite of failure’s ass taste?

GTS/K.J.

McCants is Available!!

Default Re: The Saddest Truths

Bravo...Great read...Keep 'em coming

Tell me, Shaq how does your first bite of failure’s ass taste?

In It to Win It

Great article, because Shaq has basically turned himself as you said from the media's darling to the "Big Bitter". He also lost his sheriff's deputy badge: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

I think gts could write for ISH... Jeff should consider it.

(gts, its perfect for when you are burning in an engine!)

Local High School Star LakersLaLaLand's Avatar

gtsuccess.

Shaq-tas-tic!!!

Banned

GTS, i tried to rep ya... but the system would not let me...

kudos on the great article..

Laker fan rep points don't count for articles like this.

I hate to interrupt the circle jerk here, but you guys' hero Bryant has done more than enough to deserve being ridiculed, mocked, etc. Hell, if it was up to him LA would have Jason Kidd on the team instead of next year's "saviour" Andrew Bynum. He threw the entire team under the bus with his childish tantrum last summer, but like abused wives Kobe Worshippers can't seem to get enough.

Opening his big mouth to the cops about Shaq was more than enough for Shaq to forever despise him, and anyone who says they wouldn't have been infuriated by it if it happened to THEM is a liar, plain and simple. You then take his petulance of trying to be "the man" on the team before his time and it's easy to see why Shaq (like many, many people) can't stand him.

Finally, the hypocrisy of talking about Shaq's relationships with coaches, players, etc. while not mentioning Kobe's is pitiful, but hardly unexpected from Bryant enthusists. Phil, Tex Winter and several players have all expressed disdain for Bryant, but of course it's Shaq who is the malcontent that can't get along with anyone. Even though by most accounts, people have loved playing with him. Can anyone say the same about Kobe? I'm sure he's had his conflicts with teammates (which is inevitable for any megastar player I'm sure) but you can bet that Kobe's outweigh Shaq's considerably.

I don't mind criticizing Shaq. That's all well and good. But the way in which Laker/Kobe fans gloss over Bryant while criticizing others is just disgusting to me. Bryant has been far worse over his career than Shaq, which is something any non Laker/Kobe fans sees clearly. Shaq has earned a spot in the top 5-10 players ever without question. Kobe road his coattails to three titles and has failed since.

Shaq forever "wins" this battle unless this changes. He knows it, and you can bet Kobe knows it too.

[COLOR=black]^ Once again, another person justifies bad behavior by one individual due to their hate for Kobe. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]Interestingly, my thoughts about Shaq are mutually exclusive to Kobe. When I think of Shaq in this league, and his legacy, I think of what could have been and also how poorly and immaturely he has behaved throughout his career, no matter which team he has played on. He is an incredibly insecure man for someone with so much. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]It

[QUOTE]
    Sharing a roster with rising star Kobe Bryant was too much, Laker coach Phil Jackson got too much credit for being the one who taught Shaq and Kobe how to win and the Lakers contract extension of 25 million per year wasn

[QUOTE=SoCalMike][COLOR=black]^ Once again, another person justifies bad behavior by one individual due to their hate for Kobe. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]Interestingly, my thoughts about Shaq are mutually exclusive to Kobe. When I think of Shaq in this league, and his legacy, I think of what could have been and also how poorly and immaturely he has behaved throughout his career, no matter which team he has played on. He is an incredibly insecure man for someone with so much. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]It

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    And yet, we never seen Laker fans write any articles like the above about that. Why not? Because Bryant is a Laker and thus no matter how much of a prick he is, you can't point it out for him. But you can do so for Shaq, because he's not a Laker.

Bottom line is that if you think Shaq is so bad, you have to think Kobe is worse. Otherwise, you're just being a hypocrite.

But that's typical amongst Laker fans who are now so peeved at Shaq, can't stand Shaq, etc. but were cheering when he brought LA the titles you now worship Kobe over.
    Logic that does not flow, once again. Sorry, but you should put me back on ignore because you are so jaded and tarnished that you cannot think logically anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    And yet, we never seen Laker fans write any articles like the above about that. Why not? Because Bryant is a Laker and thus no matter how much of a prick he is, you can't point it out for him. But you can do so for Shaq, because he's not a Laker.

Bottom line is that if you think Shaq is so bad, you have to think Kobe is worse. Otherwise, you're just being a hypocrite.

But that's typical amongst Laker fans who are now so peeved at Shaq, can't stand Shaq, etc. but were cheering when he brought LA the titles you now worship Kobe over.

Laker fans know kobe is no saint. Quit stating the obvious. He gets enough hate on this site from guys like you so making yet another argument about it would be redundant. Give gts credit, pretty sure you couldnt put together an article of his caliber. Yea we were cheering Shaq on during his Laker years. You know why? Because we are Laker fans. Not kobe, shaq, or whoever else fans. If kobe was traded, i would root for the Lakers, not Kobe.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    I would totally agree with his assertion, however, that Kobe is definitely not going to get the Eagle Scout award. He is polarizing, and he has not been a good "corporate citizen" to say the least. I would not invite him to dinner nor would I want to be his "friend." He is just a basketball player.
    I never said he was.. the problem with kobe haters is they cannot separate shaq from kobe, they feel if someone blasts shaq they must blast kobe at the same time, which is wrong, shaq is perfectly capable of being an ass without kobe being involved ask any of the other victims of his "joking around".

the article i wrote was about shaq not kobe there's plenty of my posts blasting kobe for his behavior in the lakers froums and i'll remind everyone this is not a presidential race, i don't have to give equal time to the participants...

i have 3 daughters, when one is guilty of wrong doing i don't discuss it with all three, when one acheives something i am proud of i don't pat all on the back, i take each event in their lives on a case by case basis and praise punish or ignore as needed.

as for being a hypocrite..
    knoe/loki or anybody else, if you find me so that's your perogative, you get me the way i am, but if you're going to judge, judge on the whole picture, not just a snapshot from one posting, take your time do a search and find my posts regarding kobe over the last year plus... until you do any critic of me or my posts is just so much hot air...

your quick to judgement is typical of those blinded by a passion or bias, it's ok that's your thing, it's what makes you happy, as long as you feel comfortable with yourself in the end that's all that matters...

as for judging all laker fans or kobe fans on my article, that shows a narrow minded view of your world and what fills it....

i asked for noones help in writing the article, asked no opinons of kobe/laker fans. I gts wrote the article, it is my view and no one elses.

like you, i know my values, i have faith that my views are fair and my day will not be any better or worse because somebody doesn't agree with me.

glad my article sparked some debate...

GTS
    Last edited by gts; 06-27-2008 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    I never said he was.. the problem with kobe haters is they cannot separate shaq from kobe, they feel if someone blasts shaq they must blast kobe at the same time, which is wrong, shaq is perfectly capable of being an ass without kobe being involved ask any of the other victims of his "joking around".
    I am glad you said this. I was not going to speak for you, but that is how I had interpreted your article. It did not appear to me that you were taking linking Kobe to this at all in the way that it was suggested.

That is why I said:

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPimp
    Interestingly, my thoughts about Shaq are mutually exclusive to Kobe. When I think of Shaq in this league, and his legacy, I think of what could have been and also how poorly and immaturely he has behaved throughout his career, no matter which team he has played on. He is an incredibly insecure man for someone with so much.
    I wonder if that guy even read your entire article, or was he so intent on bringing kobe into the discussion to rip him rather than take it at its face value... ????

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    I wonder if that guy even read your entire article, or was he so intent on bringing kobe into the discussion to rip him rather than take it at its face value... ????

well i hope he read it, that's an awful lot of typing if he didn't...lol

i do have respect for knoe in that, though i do not agree with his views he is
    A. consistent
    B. he makes his case by expresing his views thoroughly, he doesn't just post an emoticon with rolling eyes like some.

that's why i'll read knoes posts and respond in kind, the emoticon posters are just a waste of time
    Last edited by gts; 06-27-2008 at 12:52 PM.