Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore KB24's Avatar

Default Re: Bynum for Bosh could really happen...

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    The reason any LA fan would be pumped about this is due to the fact that Bynum simply KEEPS getting injured again and again during the most important time of the year. At this point, most in LA accept that dude is very injury prone, and if they can ship him out for some quality, then im sure most wouldnt be too sad about it.
    agreed. if bynum was actually healthy and can prove hes durable, i'd take him over bosh on this lakers squad. But knowing bynums injury history, i'd take bosh over him =o

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Default Re: Can Bosh to Lakers really happen?

for me, it has nothing to do with being injury prone.
    it has everything to do with ZERO contribution...and stupid fouls.
    His usefulness appears limited to defending low-post centers.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore KB24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    I want NO part of Calderon. Calderon might be worst defensive PG in the league. Gimme Jack instead
    calderon is way overpaid considering he plays almost no defense. I'd take jack over him for that reason alone

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan24
    yup there is no problem. imagine two skilled big men passing in and out of the triangle. if the lakers get calderon as well then they solve their PG problems. let fisher rest forever
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    I want NO part of Calderon. Calderon might be worst defensive PG in the league. Gimme Jack instead
    but Toronto may want to get rid of a bad contract... and your team has been in need of a PG for long time... and its not like fisher is such an amazing defender btw...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Refresh my memory ,

Boozer rented a home in the LA area sometime back (when he was injured and out for a year)
    Boozer and family prefer warm climate regions
    Boozer has low post game , and solid rebounder .

L.A. a warm climate region ?

Saw a basketball once

A little perspective is needed here.

Bosh can sign a contract with the Raptors for $30 million more than with anyone else. Much of this is due to the fact that a contract with the Raptors can be a year longer than with anyone else, and that final year will be worth over $20M.

He might wel do this, but only if he can get a sign-and-trade to a team he wants to play for, and one he thinks he can win a championship with.

Toronto clearly would rather have Bynum than anyone else they can possibly get in a trade. Bynum had a dominating game against them 2 years ago and they know what he is capable of. They realize that when 100% healthy, he is no worse than the 2nd best center in the league...and only 22 years old.

They also know, as do the Lakers, that Bynum does not have the passion for the game of basketball that 90% of NBA players have. He backpacked through Europe last summer. He is that type of kid. He is happier playing with computers or taking things apart than being on the hardcourt. He is basically a nerd. He plays basketball primarily because he is 7'1", and can make millions of dollars doing so. Andrew's dedication to basketball comes and goes it seems.

The Lakers would like to get Bosh simply because Bynum, who has a world of promise, has done nothing at all in 3 straight playoffs. I think they are wondering are not sure what to expect from Andrew in the future, but know what Bosh will bring to the table. Also, Bynum and Gasol have spacing problems when they are on the court together. This year, Andrew started very quickly and played very well for the first month, but then faded when Gasol came back to the team. Two savvy players like Bosh and Gasol will not have to those problems playing together and will space the court much better.

Realistically speaking, there is a good chance that Raptors will either trade Bosh to the Lakers or get nothing in return for him. He will quite likely decide to be a free-agent and play with either Labron or Wade if he cannot go to the Lakers.

Now the kicker is..... the Lakers can always decide to stand pat. There is a reasonable chance Andrew, who will be 23 next year, will turn into a mature dominating center for the Lakers.

So....the Raptors will probably have to take more than just Bynum for Bosh. They will probably have to take the contracts of both Sasha and Walton, and add either Jack or Calderon to the equation.

If not, they will simply lose Bosh and get nothing in return. They are in a position, given Bosh's alternatives, where they probably cannot drive too hard a bargain.

Anything is possible with Stern....Stern want's the Lakers in the Finals every year so I whon't be suprised if it goes down.

Amil23
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by #1SportsFan86
    Anything is possible with Stern....Stern want's the Lakers in the Finals every year so I whon't be suprised if it goes down.
    +1 expect Mbenga or Bosh

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by #1SportsFan86
    dumb post and wrong... the lakers organization is why the lakers are in the finals so often. give credit where it is due.

Banned

Turkoglu
    Bosh
    Jack

for

Farmar (re-signed)
    Vujacic
    Walton
    Bynum

its close, might need to add Shannon Brown

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alkiers
    A little perspective is needed here.

Bosh can sign a contract with the Raptors for $30 million more than with anyone else. Much of this is due to the fact that a contract with the Raptors can be a year longer than with anyone else, and that final year will be worth over $20M.

He might wel do this, but only if he can get a sign-and-trade to a team he wants to play for, and one he thinks he can win a championship with.

Toronto clearly would rather have Bynum than anyone else they can possibly get in a trade. Bynum had a dominating game against them 2 years ago and they know what he is capable of. They realize that when 100% healthy, he is no worse than the 2nd best center in the league...and only 22 years old.

They also know, as do the Lakers, that Bynum does not have the passion for the game of basketball that 90% of NBA players have. He backpacked through Europe last summer. He is that type of kid. He is happier playing with computers or taking things apart than being on the hardcourt. He is basically a nerd. He plays basketball primarily because he is 7'1", and can make millions of dollars doing so. Andrew's dedication to basketball comes and goes it seems.

The Lakers would like to get Bosh simply because Bynum, who has a world of promise, has done nothing at all in 3 straight playoffs. I think they are wondering are not sure what to expect from Andrew in the future, but know what Bosh will bring to the table. Also, Bynum and Gasol have spacing problems when they are on the court together. This year, Andrew started very quickly and played very well for the first month, but then faded when Gasol came back to the team. Two savvy players like Bosh and Gasol will not have to those problems playing together and will space the court much better.

Realistically speaking, there is a good chance that Raptors will either trade Bosh to the Lakers or get nothing in return for him. He will quite likely decide to be a free-agent and play with either Labron or Wade if he cannot go to the Lakers.

Now the kicker is..... the Lakers can always decide to stand pat. There is a reasonable chance Andrew, who will be 23 next year, will turn into a mature dominating center for the Lakers.

So....the Raptors will probably have to take more than just Bynum for Bosh. They will probably have to take the contracts of both Sasha and Walton, and add either Jack or Calderon to the equation.

If not, they will simply lose Bosh and get nothing in return. They are in a position, given Bosh's alternatives, where they probably cannot drive too hard a bargain.
    Excellent informative post. You should post more often.

Good college starter

Bynum when healthy has the dominance factor. Bosh has the skill factor. People like to base Bynum on his injured playoffs performance, but he is a entirely different animal when healthy. At one point he was the 2nd option for the Lakers until he got injured. His potential to me would probably be greater than Gasol if he could stay healthy. We already seen this when he is not injured. But the key is, can he remain healthy?
    Last edited by amfirst; 05-29-2010 at 03:44 AM.