Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: NBA Draft Combine Athletic Test Results: John Wall - 39" vert

You can see all the results here:

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba-draft-co...m-test-results

Derrick Favors has to be pretty happy with the results. He posted the highest maximum jump height at 12'1.5" and ran the 3/4 court sprint in 3.25.

Demarcus Cousins in the other hand has another disappointing showing, first the 16% bodyfat and now the 27 inch vertical.

Evan Turner isn't that athletic, but everyone knew that going in.

Al-Farouq Aminu's stock has to be hurt by these results. He's a SF who can't shoot, so obviously he needs to be athletic, but his 33 inch vertical is very much average.

Wesley Johnson on the other hand can shoot, and he had a 37 inch vertical and ran a 3.14 sprint (as fast as John Wall)

Luke Babbitt is perhaps the biggest winner here, he was supposed to be an undersized unathletic white guy, but he's 6'9 220lbs with low body fat, he has a 37.5 inch vertical, a sub-11s agility test and 15 reps at 185.
    Last edited by BigTicket; 05-28-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Willie Warren's no step vert is 23" and he's a guard? That has to be a misprint. Wasn't he supposed to be athletic?

NBA Superstar

Well the one fellow I was looking out for (Manny Harris) had NA's as most of his results so that's a bummer.

I always like comparing myself to the college athletes to see if there's any I can measure up with. I wish all their heights were listed right there as well so I could put all the numbers in perspective. I always get pumped when I find out I have better numbers in a specific category than a random prospect. I've got a couple people there on the verts, and a few on the bench (I'm looking at you Avery Bradley).

The one thing that stuck out to me though, of all things, was the hand length of Greivis Vazquez. I wonder if that's an accurate number, for it's one of only two things he was measured in. But 7.75 inches. . .geesh. Overall though, I did realize every player seems to have grossly oversized hands, and it makes me sad inside.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Willie Warren's no step vert is 23" and he's a guard? That has to be a misprint. Wasn't he supposed to be athletic?
    He is. He had ankle surgery 2 1/2 months ago so that could have something to do with it.

Saw a basketball once

can anyone tell me lebron james nba draft athletic test results

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    A lot of times players prove to have higher verticals than what they recorded in the pre-draft camp.

For example, Dwight Howard had a 35.5" vert at the combine and a 9'3.5" standing reach then we saw him touch 12'6" in the dunk contest and he could probably jump a little higher, but at the very minimum that proved he had a 38.5" vert.
    He quite obviously increased his vert through training, he was only 18 when he entered the league, and your vert doesn't remain constant you know.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    too much emphasis is put on kids who can jump high rather than guys who show good bball iq.
    I.E the massive fail on draft day 2006 when we traded Lamarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas