Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Top 10 players at each position going into 2010-11 NBA season

Deron's the best player on his team, give him 3 HOFers as teammates and he shoots 55% from the field. I have eyes, Rondo can't shoot...I've seen how he gets most of his points.

Never said taking Wade over Kobe is a joke but I would take a healthy Kobe over Wade any day.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    Deron's the best player on his team, give him 3 HOFers as teammates and he shoots 55% from the field. I have eyes, Rondo can't shoot...I've seen how he gets most of his points.

Never said taking Wade over Kobe is a joke but I would take a healthy Kobe over Wade any day.
    agree to disagree. rondo is the best player on his team. boozer would be the 2nd best player on the current celtics team as well....slightly ahead of pierce.

of course deron is a better shooter....but rondo is more efficient from the field overall. I'd rather have the more efficient player and the much better defender.

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    lol.
    comparing deron's defense to rondo/paul is a joke. deron is not a good defender....sorry
    . .
    You just lost all your credibility there.

Deron is a great perimeter defender.

No need to argue just watch a Utah game before you make such a dumb comment

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    You just lost all your credibility there.

Deron is a great perimeter defender.

No need to argue just watch a Utah game before you make such a dumb comment
    lol. i watch plenty of games.....and comparing rondo/paul to deron in defense just is not fair. deron is an average defender at best........sorry.

lol. i watch plenty of games..
    No you haven't. Or you wouldn't make such a stupid comment.

. Deron Williams is able to use his strength to keep his opponents in front of him. He's very hard to break down off the dribble because he is very good at it himself.
    . He puts a lot of pressure on a ball handler, and his ability to read the game defensively has improved.
    .He can defend guard who try to post him up
    . He can defend Quicker guards just look at how he plays Paul

The only thing that Paul has over Deron on Defense is steals
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 06-08-2010 at 09:55 AM.

No you haven't. Or you wouldn't make such a stupid comment.

. Deron Williams is able to use his strength to keep his opponents in front of him. He's very hard to break down off the dribble because he is very good at it himself.
    . He puts a lot of pressure on a ball handler, and his ability to read the game defensively has improved.
    .He can defend guard who try to post him up
    . He can defend Quicker guards just look at how he plays Paul

The only thing that Paul has over Deron on Defense is steals
    not in numbers and not in recognition is deron williams half the defender you claim him to be. he has the physical tools.....but for some reason that hasn't translated into solid defense. you also act as if steals aren't important.....its very important that rondo gets around double the amount of steals that williams gets. that translates to over 1 more steal per game......thats big.

deron williams is an average defender. rondo/paul are great defenders....there is a huge difference.

rondo also takes better care of the ball. deron williams had 252 turnovers in 2800 minutes this year. rondo had 246 turnovers in 2963 minutes this year. so rondo had 6 less turnovers but played 5 more games......impressive.

so rondo is better defensively. rondo is more efficient from the field. rondo is a better rebounder. rondo turns the ball over less.

like i said...i'll take rondo.

PG
    1.Nash
    2.Deron
    3.Paul
    4.Rondo
    5.Rose
    6.Billups
    7.Westbrook
    8.Evans
    9.Parker
    10.Curry
    SG
    1.Kobe
    2.Wade
    3.Roy
    4.Ginobili
    5.Johnson
    6.Iguodala
    7.Allen
    8.Ellis
    9.Mayo
    10.Jrich
    SF
    1.LeBron
    2.Durant
    3.Melo
    4.Wallace
    5.Pierce
    6.Granger
    7.J-Smith
    8.Prince
    9.Gay
    10.Artest
    PF
    1.Dirk
    2.Bosh
    3.Gasol
    4.Duncan
    5.Lee
    6.Radolph
    7.Boozer
    8.Amare
    9.Garnett
    10.Aldrige
    C
    1.Bogut
    2.Howard
    3.B.Lopez
    4.Ming
    5.Kamman
    6.Horford
    7.M.Gasol
    8.Bynum
    9.Perkins
    10.Noah
    Last edited by SteveNashMVPcro; 06-08-2010 at 01:52 PM.

not in numbers and not in recognition is deron williams half the defender you claim him to be. he has the physical tools.....but for some reason that hasn't translated into solid defense. you also act as if steals aren't important.....its very important that rondo gets around double the amount of steals that williams gets. that translates to over 1 more steal per game......thats big.

deron williams is an average defender. rondo/paul are great defenders....there is a huge difference.

rondo also takes better care of the ball. deron williams had 252 turnovers in 2800 minutes this year. rondo had 246 turnovers in 2963 minutes this year. so rondo had 6 less turnovers but played 5 more games......impressive.

so rondo is better defensively. rondo is more efficient from the field. rondo is a better rebounder. rondo turns the ball over less.

like i said...i'll take rondo.
    You've obviously never watched a Utah game.And why am I arguing with someone who believes steals = Perimiter defense

You've obviously never watched a Utah game.And why am I arguing with someone who believes steals = Perimiter defense
    i don't think steals = perimeter defense. i just think steals are an important part of defense and you can't simply discount them. so i guess turnovers don't matter either.

deron does not do a great job of keeping the ball out of the paint compared to what rondo is able to do.

like i said before. deron is a great player. but i think rondo does more for winning.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Default Re: Top 10 players at each position coming into the next seaon

Quote Originally Posted by Blue.Legend
    Fixed
    -Tyreke Evans isn't a top 5 point guard.
    -Rondo and Nash > Rose.
    -Chris Paul is underated after injury despite still being the best PG
    -Rose overrated by many posters
    -Ray Allen severely underated.
    -Stephen Jackson underated.

Ray Allen is always a three point threat, i don't understand why people are putting him at 7th. Joe Johnson? Ginnobli? MONTE ELLIS? OJ @*@*ing MAYO?
    This should be a crime. He is 4th after Roy. Yes hes getting old, but hes as clutch as ever and if you leave him open, you'll feel like the lakers in game 2.
    I think tonight shows you way Ray Allen isn't the 4th best SG in the league and isn't better than current Monta Ellis, OJ Mayo, Joe Johnson, Monta Ellis.

I don't want to take away from Allen he is a great shooter top 5 in NBA history. However that is all he is now is an outside shooter. You live and die off the 3 point shot. He never was a good playmaker and all of that playmaking ability he had has now eroded. When he is hot it is fun to watch, but when he is not he goes 0-13 FG like tonight because he can create his own shot anymore. OJ Mayo, Monta Ellis can create their own shots they are iso players.