Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned

Default Re: Anthony Davis...again

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
    I'm sure Graviton will use AD's fg% vs Indianna against him though. Although if you were actually watching that game you saw how AD missed a lot of offensive rebound tip-ins that he made with ease last year and the past few games.
    He ****ing better not with that damn Westbrook avatar. I will laugh him out of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
    Griffin/Jordan
    This season they are actually stepping up, check the Clippers games. Paul is getting all the credit but those guys are doing all the work down low. They are not the softies of last year, at least so far this season.

I checked those games vs Indiana and Memphis, looks like he outplayed Hibbert/West but George won Pacers the game. In other one I think Z-Bo left early and only played 8 minutes but he outplayed Gasol for sure. Looks promising so far. I wanna see him vs Bulls, if Noah can't contain him then I will become a believer.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Hmm I will watch when he actually plays an elite big man, maybe then I will believe. Until I see him vs Gasol/Zbo, Griffin/Jordan, Duncan, Noah, Bogut/Lee, Howard/Asik or even Hibbert/West I am not gonna proclaim him to be this GOAT tier big man in his 2nd year. If you wanna be the best you have to beat the best. Even if your team loses if you outplay the opposing bigs you have done your job.
    I already posted his lines from the Indiana and Memphis game. For comparison here was how the other bigs did.

Hibbert 2-5 6 pts 4 rebs
    West 3-11 12 pts 7 rebs (Davis was on him most of the night)

Gasol 4-11 11 pts 4 rebs
    Randolph 1-1 2 pts 2 turnovers (left to see his newborn)

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Anthony Davis has 17 blocks in his last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Anthony Davis has 17 blocks in his last two games.
    Ridiculous.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    I don't get all the hype, yea he is putting up numbers on a crappy team and playing defense, but that alone doesn't make a superstar. Is he dominant in all the games? Does he carry his team? Is he a leader? Is he consistent and durable? Does he outplay other elite big men?

All this sudden AD talk is weird, in his 2nd year he becomes a Top 5 player wtf? Based on what? People bitch about Kevin love putting up empty numbers and being a fake superstar but AD is so different just because he blocks a lot of shots? Yet his team record is worse than Love's.

He has no case over Lebron, Durant, Paul, Parker, Westbrook, George, Curry or even Griffin so far this season. I haven't seen him perform vs any elite teams like those other guys have.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    I don't blame him for being mad, they walked him through Toys R Us and wouldn't let him buy any toys.

Learning to shoot layups

From the 3-4 games I've seen of him, most of his points come from effort plays like running the floor and rebounding, smart movement off the ball, and his midrange game. If he's already averaging 20+ points like that, it'll be scary if he ever develops into a scorer.