Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Anthony Davis...again

I don't know if his shotblocking will increase as the years go on. In theory you know plays better and should get more. But the steals, rebounding and scoring should by all means. But suppose he meets a young lady and she ask that he cut the uni and he gets unbalanced or something. I mean make-over people are going to go hard at him after his first DPOY, because the uni is dang near offensive.

He will be the first player since Eaton to get 5 blocks per game. Who was the last guy to get 25/12/5 in the big men categories. He seems a lock for that.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    AD is not intimidating physically which works to his blocking advantage

His wingspan is intimidating though.

MamaThereGoesThatMan EveryManALion's Avatar

I really hope he doesent fall off going more into the season, he is fun to watch.

If he keeps playing like this, he may leapfrog everyone in the NBA and settle in as the 3rd best player in the league by the end of his 2nd season. That's may be pushing it, but him being something like 5th behind LeBron, Durant, CP3, and maybe George or Love or Westbrook (if Westbrook gets completely back to form), doesn't seem too far-fetched right now. A high-efficiency 20 and 10 PF who also provides excellent defense?
    After Lebron and Durant, the field is wide open for third best. There's no reason Davis couldn't get there by all-star break.

Really, who would you put there now? There are exactly 2 great players in the league right now and no more. It's bizarre. Guys like Westbrook and Kevin Love actually have legit arguments for that #3 spot. It's unconscionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
    Let's be real here Anthony Davis and Kevin Love are the two best big men in the game.
    Bbbbut Dwert Howard

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    His wingspan is intimidating though.
    his mobility is crazy too

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    After Lebron and Durant, the field is wide open for third best. There's no reason Davis couldn't get there by all-star break.

Really, who would you put there now? There are exactly 2 great players in the league right now and no more. It's bizarre. Guys like Westbrook and Kevin Love actually have legit arguments for that #3 spot. It's unconscionable.
    this is a really interesting point, you can argue a few guys like westbrook, love, cp3 etc but none of them are anywhere near clear cut and all of them have their doubters. There's like 10 dudes you can argue are third best right now. Odd situation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton

Are you forgetting Paul?

I don't get all the hype, yea he is putting up numbers on a crappy team and playing defense, but that alone doesn't make a superstar. Is he dominant in all the games? Does he carry his team? Is he a leader? Is he consistent and durable? Does he outplay other elite big men?

All this sudden AD talk is weird, in his 2nd year he becomes a Top 5 player wtf? Based on what? People bitch about Kevin love putting up empty numbers and being a fake superstar but AD is so different just because he blocks a lot of shots? Yet his team record is worse than Love's.

He has no case over Lebron, Durant, Paul, Parker, Westbrook, George, Curry or even Griffin so far this season. I haven't seen him perform vs any elite teams like those other guys have.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    I don't get all the hype, yea he is putting up numbers on a crappy team and playing defense, but that alone doesn't make a superstar. Is he dominant in all the games? Does he carry his team? Is he a leader? Is he consistent and durable? Does he outplay other elite big men?

All this sudden AD talk is weird, in his 2nd year he becomes a Top 5 player wtf? Based on what? People bitch about Kevin love putting up empty numbers and being a fake superstar but AD is so different just because he blocks a lot of shots? Yet his team record is worse than Love's.

He has no case over Lebron, Durant, Paul, Parker, Westbrook, George, Curry or even Griffin so far this season. I haven't seen him perform vs any elite teams like those other guys have.
    So KG was Garbage in most years in Minny then. You can watch players and tell when they are a cancer or good. Davis is amazing despite his subpar team. Watch the games.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

20/12/3 blocks vs Indiana
    18/9/3 blocks/3 stl vs Memphis

Those are the only good teams the Pelicans have played so far and he was pretty good vs both against guys that far outweigh him at the 4-5.

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    So KG was Garbage in most years in Minny then. You can watch players and tell when they are a cancer or good. Davis is amazing despite his subpar team. Watch the games.
    Hmm I will watch when he actually plays an elite big man, maybe then I will believe. Until I see him vs Gasol/Zbo, Griffin/Jordan, Duncan, Noah, Bogut/Lee, Howard/Asik or even Hibbert/West I am not gonna proclaim him to be this GOAT tier big man in his 2nd year. If you wanna be the best you have to beat the best. Even if your team loses if you outplay the opposing bigs you have done your job.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clipse026

Those are the only good teams the Pelicans have played so far and he was pretty good vs both against guys that far outweigh him at the 4-5.
    I'm sure Graviton will use AD's fg% vs Indianna against him though. Although if you were actually watching that game you saw how AD missed a lot of offensive rebound tip-ins that he made with ease last year and the past few games.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Hmm I will watch when he actually plays an elite big man, maybe then I will believe. Until I see him vs Gasol/Zbo, Griffin/Jordan, Duncan, Noah, Bogut/Lee, Howard/Asik or even Hibbert/West I am not gonna proclaim him to be this GOAT tier big man in his 2nd year. If you wanna be the best you have to beat the best. Even if your team loses if you outplay the opposing bigs you have done your job.
    Griffin/Jordan

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by clipse026

Exactly he has to do everything for them to even compete. This isn't a Corey maggaete situation.